Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Loindici

Veteran
And now I am pissed off even more that they didn't bring Eurovision 2020 alive with the very same concept. They could have done it in no time. But they opted for the life insurance money.

well nothing is sure yet in march, i don't think it's a good idea forcing them to do studios when regulations weren't as permitting.

plus, no, the netherlands won't waste a once in a lifetime opportunity to use the f*cking ahoy as a status symbol.

A-lister

Veteran
I bet it's just an updated logo. Although there are whispers that it could be Kazakhstan debuting too!

I highly doubt that, but would be very happy if true, but sounds more like a fan rumor...

It's probably some new stupid change to the voting again, like not even giving out the 12 points anymore just to kill the suspense completely (as if it's possible to destroy the voting part even further? xshrug) , or maybe introduce a rule of only English being allowed (just in line with how the contest has been treated for the past decade) or allowing USA into the contest? :lol: They already turned it partly into a playback show, so when they have "big news" these days it's often bad things :/

But most probably it's something generic... xshrug

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I've looked at the logo and people are running on the fact there is an extra yellow/blue thing in the gif, but I literally only ever see 2? which is obviously Ukraine and Sweden. I highly doubt Kazakhstan is debuting.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I've already said this on KZ forum, but anyway:

I want them so badly, but it has already been proven that that "hint of them debuting" isn't a hint, since the map shows 40 + the netherlands countries, which means that there is no Kazakhstan - there has been confusion with Ukraine's colour, but they also used those two colours for Ukraine last year in the logo, so it's not Kazakhstan..

that being said, they are saying things: like open up to the map and so on... + would they really tease a logo release, which basically looks the same as last year's one for 3 days? I mean if they do that, like 3 days buildup for basically the same logo as last year is a bit weird tbh

so yeah don't u think it's weird they are building up suspense for a slightly revamped logo FOR 3 DAYS, I mean much bigger things didn't have a countdown, but still it's probably just that.

Mainshow

Veteran
The "big news" was the reveal of the logo which is basically just a slightly different.

What a huge letdown after hyping it so much.

The EBU is ridiculous... Advertising "open up to teaching out" whilst preventing Kazakhstan from debuting.

Loindici

Veteran

so you can watch it here bbys xheart

p.s. i still want to burn the thumbnail holder. we have this exact template from 2018, cmon give us some innovation :(

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
The "big news" was the reveal of the logo which is basically just a slightly different.

What a huge letdown after hyping it so much.

The EBU is ridiculous... Advertising "open up to teaching out" whilst preventing Kazakhstan from debuting.

Every sensible person already knew the news was about the logo and not about Kazakhstan. Fans just chose to delude themselves for a thing that wasn't supposed to be.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I don't get what the new logo design is meant to mean. It looks different to old, but the positioning? No.

Schlagerman1

I don't get what the new logo design is meant to mean. It looks different to old, but the positioning? No.

It is the colours of the participating flags. The bigger the lines, the more further away it is from Rotterdam (who is the center).

A-lister

Veteran
So as expected the "big reveal" was something generic, oh well... is it just me or are they lowkey using the real Belarusian flag additionally to the communist one used by the Lukashenko regime?

They should change the slogan to "Open Up: But not to Kazakhstan" though, it would be more honest :cool:

anto475

It does look nice. Although if they were to really do it properly then it would be a tiny star at one end and just one massive beam aimed at Canberra

DanielLuis

Even though the idea is nice and sweet, the logo is not much more than an eye sore to me I'm afraid. I think 2020's was a lot prettier.
Hopefully I'll grow to like it more with time.

Loindici

Veteran
guys i probably missed the memo but did they say the stage from 2020 will eventually be used in 2021?

Top Bottom