Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Mimmon

Veteran
Now when news that Rotterdam stated they want to host Eurovison 2021...
It was obvious but I see as good news...

Loindici

Veteran
Good news that they will fund it. I'm eager to wait for the next news -- please let it be from Papa Sietse.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I believe it's about time Spain wins esc. Spain has got everything for the success. Team #BlasCanto TeamSpain... 200%

xprayxheatxheart

GermanBango

I`m glad that the Netherlands will get their chance to host next year - I expect nothing but the greatest Eurovision of all time ... so please don`t disappoint me ;)

GRE

Hoping first of all for all the 41 countries of 2020, taking part in 2021,
and maybe - maybe :hu::me: coming back, and :kz: debuting ?
That would be a NEW record (44 countries).​

MalagaToledo

Banned
Y
Hoping first of all for all the 41 countries of 2020, taking part in 2021,
and maybe - maybe :hu::me: coming back, and :kz: debuting ?
That would be a NEW record (44 countries).​
You can already forget about Hungary. As far as Monte and Kazakhstan is considered, that would be possible, but also very opportunistic/optimistic. I think it will be current number of countries. BTW, Kazakhstan does have small area within European borders, although cca 95% of its area is in Asia.

lowyby

I would not get my hopes up for Hungary!

My ideal scenario would be 41 + Montenegro + Andorra + Kazachstan!
We need that comeback power for the biggest ESC 2021 to celebrate (hopefully) post-corona times!

FRFanESC

I would not get my hopes up for Hungary!

We need that comeback power for the biggest ESC 2021 to celebrate (hopefully) post-corona times!
That's exactly what I would like too. But already having every participating countries from this year + Andorra for 2021 would already be perfect for me.

Laepo1

I'm not big on the idea of having Kazakhstan in Eurovision. Just as I'm not big on having Australia. I would be ok with inviting them and other countries on a rotational basis though, to make things interesting.

I would much prefer to have the others coming back. Monaco, Andorra, Luxembourg, Bosnia, Turkey, Slovakia...

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Kazakhstan's tryhard, russia-pandering asses can stay away from Eurovision proper. We don't need more of the same rubbish they're currently inflicting onto JESC.

tomos2019

Ooh lolxheat That is a funny comment! I would of course adapt to it like Australia if they did debut but I'm kind of inclined to think Liechtenstein deserve it more.

ESCConor

I wonder if the Dutch broadcasters have considered the idea of having the Contest in a television studio if they cant host the event at the Ahoy Arena if COVID-19 is still around next year, like TVP are doing with JESC.

I cant see ESC getting cancelled again next year, I think there will be some sort of contest imo.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Apart from Poland, Kazakhstan submitted the best entries in JESC recently + their votes were pretry different to what anyone expected (very few/no points to Russia/Azerbaijan).

Kazakhstan deserves to debut in 2021. Unlike Australia, it's partly European + Like Australia, it tries to enter Eurovision for kore than a decade.

Apart from Kazakhstan's debut, I'd like to see Andorra, Hungary and Slovakia back the most.

pizzalover

Apart from Poland, Kazakhstan submitted the best entries in JESC recently + their votes were pretry different to what anyone expected (very few/no points to Russia/Azerbaijan).

Kazakhstan deserves to debut in 2021. Unlike Australia, it's partly European + Like Australia, it tries to enter Eurovision for kore than a decade.

Apart from Kazakhstan's debut, I'd like to see Andorra, Hungary and Slovakia back the most.

Andorra tries really hard to get back to the contest. They say they have funding. We'll see where that goes. As for Hungary, don't expect them to come back soon. Slovakia will probably be out for some time still. Right now, the most possible countries to return are Andorra and Montenegro and maybe Kazakhstan will debut! A record of 44 countries will be the ideal!

hijirio

Veteran
I prefer Kazakhstan over any effortless flopper country the likes of UK, Ireland and Denmark. I think Kazakhstan has more idea of what Eurovision is about compared to those. And with their JESC entries they really showed how much they care about the contest. I'm pretty confident they will convince Dimash Kudaibergenov or another globally renowned Kazakh singer at their debut.

Mimmon

Veteran
According to this Eurovison 2021 the dates will be annouced tomorrow...

Preuss

Denmark have pretty good results the last decade so they're not a flop really
although they have declined (in my eyes)...

Top Bottom