Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Mimmon

Veteran

anto475

Loindici

Veteran

THE THUMBNAIL FRAME CHANGED I'M SO PROUD

At least I won't see, anymore, the abomination that is the 2020 thumbnail frame. God, that one's gross.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Lol everyone should have the same stage and restraints. How is San Marino supposed to compete against Sweden or Russia in terms of production.

heke1988

Lol everyone should have the same stage and restraints. How is San Marino supposed to compete against Sweden or Russia in terms of production.

That will never happen, because some country will certainly to break to restraints. Better to be the countries choices of their own, which kind of stage they will choose instead of EBU decides it.

Loindici

Veteran
That will never happen, because some country will certainly to break to restraints. Better to be the countries choices of their own, which kind of stage they will choose instead of EBU decides it.

I mean, sure, as long as it's non-competitive I can go with that. However in Eurovision we can see how the shape of the stage and lighting defines the contest, significantly, setting the atmosphere for the whole show.

And, even if choices are limited because of Rona-but-not-Nishliu, I'm not really buying the idea of "countries holding an NF repurposing their stage" for Eurovision pre-recording. This might possibly happen, though.

JohnArg

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm glad I didn't buy tickets - It's crazy that they want to postpone the decision on whether Eurovision will get an audience or not to mid-April.
I mean, how many international Eurovision fans can't adjust their plans to this schedule? - It will probably end up being no audience or just a limited member of Dutch viewers?

Loindici

Veteran
It's literally getting Sietse bald. I can't imagine the stress he held in his head. Can we give him some flowers? xrose

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well I suppose it's hard to decide now with an audience because we simply don't know how the situation with covid will actually be like come May, so I can see why they would want to postpone it. However I can totally get why this would rule Eurovision out for most fans as leaving it hanging till so late in the year is just not going to work.

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ I can totally understand why they simply can't make a decision yet - But waiting until Mid-April or even further, is not ideal.
They should just announce their decision at the same time when they announce their preferred scenario... If things suddenly starts to look really good, they can still ask Dutch viewers to attend the contest etc.

I can't imagine being a fan from another country having bought tickets, an accommodation etc. - I know that they have a lot of pressure to deal with and I applaud them for not cancelling the whole contest once again but they should make a decision sooner.

Ezio

Veteran
I'm glad I didn't buy tickets - It's crazy that they want to postpone the decision on whether Eurovision will get an audience or not to mid-April.
I mean, how many international Eurovision fans can't adjust their plans to this schedule? - It will probably end up being no audience or just a limited member of Dutch viewers?

Well, sounds like a possible last minute chance to visit ESC this year, for non-ticket-holders #bestcasescenario

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Hope everyone is going to enjoy the shows in France, Norway and Lithuania. Once they are all over, jump on over and join our Live Stream.

Mainshow

Veteran
I still think it's strange that we have only 1 month and a half left to get 38 entries. Thus, within 6 weeks, we will be getting 38 new entries. I don't expect to get any internally chosen entries before the Lithuanian national final. Thus, it will be like 38 new entries in 5 weeks = that's like 6 new entries per week.... Has any Eurovision edition been that "intense" in the digital era?

December :al:
January: :il: :fr:
February: :lt: :cy: :hr: :fi: :no: :sl:
(2wks of) March: :az: :bg: :is: :gr: :it: :md: :se: :pt: :ee: :dk: :ua: :at:

And honestly, I don't expect any of the countries which haven't announced yet when they want to present their entry to pull of a "surprise" release and just drop their entries - traditonally, countries such as :am:, :ru: release their entries very late anyway.

Tbh, I can still see us sitting at 10 entries maxium by the end of February. Thus, we will be getting like 30 entries in two weeks in March :D

mauve

Veteran
I still think it's strange that we have only 1 month and a half left to get 38 entries. Thus, within 6 weeks, we will be getting 38 new entries. I don't expect to get any internally chosen entries before the Lithuanian national final. Thus, it will be like 38 new entries in 5 weeks = that's like 6 new entries per week.... Has any Eurovision edition been that "intense" in the digital era?

And honestly, I don't expect any of the countries which haven't announced yet when they want to present their entry to pull of a "surprise" release and just drop their entries - traditonally, countries such as :am:, :ru: release their entries very late anyway.

Tbh, I can still see us sitting at 10 entries maxium by the end of February. Thus, we will be getting like 30 entries in two weeks in March :D
True that. If it comes as you say (and it most likely will), then we will have ears like Dumbo at the end of march. It'll be a hell of a month then. xstars

crashworld

Veteran

We will get the following too:

Feb: Spain, San Marino
Mar: Ireland

Last edited:
Top Bottom