Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

empo21

Veteran
The previous one looked very orderly and nice. When they said a logo revamp I was expecting them to just add a new portion for 2021...

Either way, nice idea although Rotterdam's location is a bit unfortunate being so in the west. The difference between the left side and ride side is quite jarring.

Loindici

Veteran
So as expected the "big reveal" was something generic, oh well... is it just me or are they lowkey using the real Belarusian flag additionally to the communist one used by the Lukashenko regime?

They should change the slogan to "Open Up: But not to Kazakhstan" though, it would be more honest :cool:

I just remembered this being here
2020's logo is generic, but again it won the prestigious Red Dot, but again I don't feel the significance of a Red Dot, so... is it good generic? Does 'good generic' even exist? :ROFLMAO:

randajad

Veteran
You may not like it, but it's a fantastic well thought out logo with a great story behind, and at the same time a tribute to the past Dutch logos and something completely new. Slogan is as they always are, if you are into one of them you like them all.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
is it just me or are they lowkey using the real Belarusian flag additionally to the communist one used by the Lukashenko regime?

Actually, the one you're probably looking at is next to Ukraine which is Poland. Right above it is Red and Green, inbetween Germany and Russia - that is Belarus.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Let's talk #Eurovision. The latest ESC United Live Stream MATTITUDE will take place today at 20:00 CET. Roy and Matt will discuss the news of the week and answer your questions. If you can (or want) to make it, just click on the link and I will talk to you soon.

Mainshow

Veteran
The idea of the concept is a really beautiful, almost touching one but damn, it looks so "cold" and kinda messy.

Mainshow

Veteran
My first rescheduled dates for 2021 got rescheduled again (these concerts take place in 2022 now!) - I don't think that Eurovision 2021 will take place with all contestants performing live in Rotterdam...

Loindici

Veteran
My first rescheduled dates for 2021 got rescheduled again (these concerts take place in 2022 now!) - I don't think that Eurovision 2021 will take place with all contestants performing live in Rotterdam...

Since the world will probably go downhill from here (some people said COVID could be worse next year), I guess you got a point. However, I'm still waiting whether any announcements from EBU will bring us miracles. I mean, I'm still hoping for Plan B to happen, to be honest, but all I can do is cross my fingers.

JohnArg

Ianp16

Does anyone think that this year’s songs will be different in light of recent events? Like, maybe less silly songs and much more poignant stuff, much more than ever? Or could it go the other way and be full of cheerful songs to take our minds off things and change the mood? Hmmm. It will be interesting.

Mrm

Veteran
Does anyone think that this year’s songs will be different in light of recent events? Like, maybe less silly songs and much more poignant stuff, much more than ever? Or could it go the other way and be full of cheerful songs to take our minds off things and change the mood? Hmmm. It will be interesting.

If you ask me, it should be like every year, normal..nth forced... I'm "hungry" for "NORMAL" tbh..

anto475

I think you're right, but God I hope you're wrong. I'm guessing the show will start less happily than usual anyway. Although we'll see how the mood of the world looks in May

Loindici

Veteran

Depending on the chosen scenario. The more restrictive the choice (especially D), the gloomier.

Jay25

Does anybody really believe that we could see anything but scenario D? The situation today is probably even worse compared to last year, and no one can really foresee how the vaccine will have changed the situation in a few months.

Ianp16

Does anybody really believe that we could see anything but scenario D? The situation today is probably even worse compared to last year, and no one can really foresee how the vaccine will have changed the situation in a few months.

Yep! I didn't really see an audience being able to congregate!

One thing I will look forward too is the many satellite mistakes that will be made during the performance part. It's going to be a very complicated process for the producers.

Top Bottom