Contact us

Eurovision 2020 Online - Predictions

hijirio

Veteran
If Azerbaijan wins, my neighbours will hate me because I'll scream my lungs out. I really take this contest as the real thing, and :az: winning for me is like Efendi, my ultimate fave this year, is actually taking the trophy this year. I feel so connected to Cleopatra, it's the song I needed in 2020, gave me so much power and motivation. It's a stellar anthem, presenting me much more than what I was yearning for. First time I heard it I was literally gasping for air, I could swear the temperature in the room rose above 40 degrees in 3 minutes. xheat xheat

However, I know there are stronger contenders this year. So my guess is:

1. Lithuania
2. Switzerland
3. Iceland
4. Azerbaijan
5. Malta

mauve

Veteran
My wishes aside, my prediction would be

1. Switzerland
2. Bulgaria
3. Italy
4. Lithuania
5. Azerbaijan

But then again ... me and predictions - we are at war with each other... xrofl

YehonatanCohen

My prediction:

1.:ch: - Definitely no my winner but I wouldn't mind them winning.
2.:it: - Any top 10 result would be satisfying for me but if they win it would be awesome.
3.:lt: - Although I really wish they would crash out the top 10 and FLOP!
4.:se: - pls pls pls pls let them win:love:
5.:mt: - screams jury winner and I kinda want them to win but not as much as Sweden.

Other countries that might do well (compared to what is expected from them):

:ru:- I don't think it will flop horribly but they might find themselves out of the top 5 (and maybe even out of top 10? maybe)
:az:- I really hope for a top 5 result as they deserve it so bad but I think it is going to be a 6th-7th place.
:no:- A power ballad from Norway can't fail it is just not how it works. Top 10 is pretty logical.
:bg:- I predict it out of the top 5 but there is a chance that between all of the uncertainty they might slid to a better place
:il:- I hope for a good result for my home country and I think we might get through for the 10th place somehow but anywhere between 10-17 sounds reasonable.
:al:- If there is going to be a surprise top 10 finisher it is Albania. I don't know, I just feel as they can't go beneath 15 place
:be:- I think it is going to do well, and I don't need an excuse for that, it is just good, so sue me I don't care but it will br above 15

The F.L.O.P station :eek:

:is:- Has a chance of finishing out of the top 10 sadly, but it might happen (but I really hope it won't happen)
:dk:- I don't exactly how much people like this, and I thought it will get a fair amount of support and now I am afraid they will be below 15th place.
:de:- Seems to be a fan favourite but I think it will get kinda lost and FLOP!
:ro:- Another masterpiece that will blend with other ballads. preforming 4th certainly will not help, so I guess it might go right side of the scoreboard.
:am:- Well this one id going down, even beneath 20th place and I hope that even lower but 20 sounds right

Countries that will do OK

:lv::nl::ua::rs:- All should get to the middle positions with a slight chance of scoring a but higher/lower than that.

Bottom 5:

22.:pl:- screams last place with the televoters but night get some jury-help to avoid last place
23.:ge: - They preform second and I think it might be hard to get into for some people although I wish they would do much better
24.:uk: - The fact that it is a "fine" song with "fine" melody will not give them a "fine" result as usual
25.:es:- Pretty expected to see them somewhere in the bottom, as it almost seems that no matters what Spain sends will probably be smashed by Europe
26. :fr: - I think we all see that one coming

HayashiM

Veteran
My guess is there will actually be a big discrepancy between the jury and the televote, with the televote winner getting a considerable advantage because of the % system. Even if some country wins all the juries, it only gets 12/58= 20,7% of all the available jurypoints. With the televote points, that limit is 100%. Of course neither limit will be reached, but I still expect about 3-4 huge televote favourites together getting around 30% of the available telepoints, which probably won't be the case with the juries, whose points will get a more even distribution.

All this to say - I think the televote winner is in a good position to win it alltogether, and I think that that will be either Lithuania, Iceland or Russia.

Last edited:

94ayd

My guess is there will actually be a big discrepancy between the jury and the televote, with the televote winner getting a considerable advantage because of the % system. Even if some country wins all the juries, it only gets 12/58= 20,7% of all the available jurypoints. With the televote points, that limit is 100%. Of course neither limit will be reached, but I still expect about 3-4 huge televote favourites together getting around 30% of the available telepoints, which probably won't be the case with the juries, whose points will get a more even distribution.

All this to say - I think the televote winner is in a good position to win it alltogether, and I think that that will be either Lithuania, Iceland or Russia.

The televoting limit is 50% dear (10 votes out of 20 for one country max). ;)

DenizESC

Banned
I expect Azerbaijan and Switzerland on top as well.

Don't see other songs who could get mass support.

Lithuania and Bulgaria can come close maybe.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
01. :ch:
02. :lt:
03. :az:
04. :il:
05. :is:
06. :bg:
07. :ru:
08. :it:
09. :lv:
10. :ua:
11. :de:
12. :ro:
13. :be:
14. :no:
15. :ge:
16. :rs:
17. :mt:
18. :al:
19. :am:
20. :dk:
21. :se:
22. :nl:
23. :pl:
24. :uk:
25. :fr:
26. :es:

Knowing this forum, surely Switzerland wins and probably quite comfortably. I'd like to be surprised. Lithuania seems the obvious runner up. Azerbaijan will slay the televote but polarise a little (just a smidge) in the jury vote. Israel is a big forum favourite. Should do very well. Iceland, the same. Bulgaria will obviously be right up there too. If those aren't the top six in some order I will be surprised.

Latvia's top 10 is really the only ballsy prediction I've made here as it's one of the most polarising entries surely (Russia just has it beat there). There's going to be a lot of clashes within the jury vote. I think the fan base for Samanta's song though is super passionate, and the televote could push it hard. Same I think for Georgia although to a lesser extent. They're perfect cult entries. Perhaps predicting Malta so low is also kind of brave but I feel like it's very middling and could struggle to get into jury points. Being 11th or 12th when votes are combined won't get you anything and that's the kind of vibes I get from such a song as this.

Top Bottom