Semi-Final 2: Friday, 10 April 2020
Final: Saturday, 25 April 2020

The voting in the Semi-Finals:
from 23 March to 5 April (2 weeks)
The voting for in the Final:
from 11 April to 19 April (9 days)​

Big 5 + Host Country the Netherlands

8fb88305-f368-48ce-8e89-98b67189faf1.png

• Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands will vote in the first Semi-Final.
  • France, Spain and the United Kingdom will vote in the second Semi-Final.
First Semi-Final

8fb88516-adce-47d9-b3d5-ceae2b9479ed.png

01 Sweden
02 Ireland
03 North Macedonia
04 Australia
05 Russia
06 Slovenia
07 Belarus
08 Lithuania
09 Belgium
10 Malta
11 Ukraine
12 Romania
13 Israel
14 Norway
15 Cyprus
16 Croatia
17 Azerbaijan

Second Semi-Final

8fb88514-d562-4023-8f73-8b986666e5be.png

01 Austria
02 Moldova
03 Greece
04 Czech Republic
05 Poland
06 Iceland
07 San Marino
08 Estonia
09 Serbia
10 Bulgaria
11 Georgia
12 Armenia
13 Finland
14 Portugal
15 Latvia
16 Albania
17 Switzerland
18 Denmark

From each Semi-Final, 10 countries will proceed to the Grand Final on the 16 May, joining the 6 pre-qualified countries. In total, 26 countries will be represented in the Grand Final.

Last edited by a moderator:

Realest

Serbia and Lithuania won the Semis, Georgia and Albania were 9-10th. Also Poland, Georgia and Latvia didnt come very far.

JamieBrown

Reasonable draw for sure, still thinking that giving some countries(Sweden, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Denmark) kinda the same spots in their half could've been avoided. But thanks for the work, anyway xclap

Schlagerman1

We will post the Final thread, make recap and playlist + update tables with running order tomorrow and then open voting

Well, I made a playlist now, for those who want to have a quick pre-listen before it is uploaded. ;)

Kaz

A few of my first thoughts...
• Romania and Bulgaria are awfully close together in the running order.
• Also interesting that we don’t hear a ballad/downtempo song until #4.
• I think that Iceland may actually be overshadowed by Malta and Ukraine, both two powerful songs with memorable vocals.
• Wouldn’t have initially picked Italy as a closer but I think it will work.
• Poland is in a really rough position, Alicja is definitely going to be forgotten with Russia and Norway right after.
• Interesting that Albania and Serbia are drawn for 12 and 13 when there is exactly a 0% chance that either of them came top 3 in the semi.

Overall I think this running order will really show us that a good song can win from any position.

FilipFromSweden

@Schlagerman1 thank you very much for the playlist, but wasn't Serbia's music video used in semi-final 2?

FilipFromSweden

It was, we decided to use official live performances of entries from Eurovision official channel (if its possible)

I don't want to seem rude, but that makes no sense. For some of the entries, Serbia being the most clear example, there is a huge difference between the music video (studio version) and the live performance regarding the vocals. If Serbia made it to the final with one performance, I don't see why we should suddenly judge them on another

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I don't want to seem rude, but that makes no sense. For some of the entries, Serbia being the most clear example, there is a huge difference between the music video (studio version) and the live performance regarding the vocals. If Serbia made it to the final with one performance, I don't see why we should suddenly judge them on another
No worries its okay to have different opinion. I will just say you what sense i see in it.

A month passed since we know all the songs, we saw the music clips of them, different live performances and even from home, some even had few revamps (Serbia for example, so music video is not super relevant now)

We decided what video we have based how it will be better for show since live performances give specific Eurovision vibe (it still better to have mixed lives + clip then only clips) So if there is official (thats important, uploaded to Eurovision channel) live performance, we prefer to have it in the show.

However we don't force anyone to make a rank based on given playlist or even running order we made. You know the list of songs, you have a lot of time to vote, listen all possible versions in any possible order and then vote.

Top Bottom