Contact us

The Netherlands Eurovision 2020 Grand Final - RESULTS: 25th April 21:00 CEST in Twitch

Eurovision

Rotterdam 2020
Staff member
header.jpg

exlAhQP.png

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE ENTIRE PLAYLIST

x71Xv15.png

VIMEO

YOUTUBE

voting.jpg

votingnow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
My queens.

In this week‘s challenge you were asked to impersonate Eurovision spokespersons and to provide an iconic moment of douze points. And you all were fabulous!

Now, can I ask the spokespersons of Belgium, Slovenia, San Marino and Poland to step forward?

You represent the Bendelacreme this week.

Belgium, you made us all bubble, Slovenia, thank you for the comic relief and Poland, you gave us 50 shades of dark, but San Marino, condragulations, you are a winner baby. You receive a cash tip of 5,000 Sammarinese Lira and a 5 year contract of spokesqueenship for the San Marino Jury.

source.gif

Thank you Ezio although you should be up there too with your charming quarantine fantasy. It really made me smile.

In fact, everyone's videos were so loveable. I want to compliment them individually but then I'd literally have to do all forty. Seeing people I've known for many years on the forum, some of which I've gotten particularly close to because of our WorldVision game, well, it was just crazy and so beautiful. It was such a we're all in this together feeling that it became just so much fun. My social anxiety should have been through the roof for taking part in such a thing but it simply wasn't the case. I lost all my nerves. I loved seeing us all come together to share our points. Everyone sounded wonderful (Gary legit could present with those lovely golden Scottish tones) and our newer friends were great too. I hope you all stick around with us.

Also, I have to say I'm positively shooketh by how many wonderfully hairy men this forum has. I thought I was the only long hair here but I spotted a fair few last night, and you were all so handsome that I was shaking.

flow_Rage3_1024x1024.gif

Uto

Veteran
And by that, you mean tasteless boring music? :sneaky:xscared
Music that explores the breadth of the human emotional spectrum. Music that encapsulates all that is great about this world and aims for the sublime. Music that engulfs us in all the vices and virtues, that feeds us then emaciates us. Music that can take us to horizons never seen before or leaves us turned inwards to the bleakest and richest parts of what our consciousness can muster. Overproduced ballads basically.

Last edited:

JamieBrown

Also, I have to say I'm positively shooketh by how many wonderfully hairy men this forum has. I thought I was the only long hair here but I spotted a fair few last night, and you were all so handsome that I was shaking.

YES! Team Longhair Pride, I'm in. Don't know if someone noticed that in the video :LOL:

Zeus

He didn't stand a chance against the sheer elitism of myself, Zeus en Mizu. We don't have this ironic #taste, we know good music.
Well, I could have liked these songs from Israel, Germany and Denmark as well. Back when I was 10 years old or so.

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Id rather them 3 than songs that, in the words of Uto, emaciate me. :lol: one could argue if emaciating music is good.

Daybreak

Why do so many eurofans act like all songs can be fitted into two categories - campy over-the-top dance bangers (like Cleopatra) or "boring", pretentious jury-bait ballads (like Fai Rumore)? Regardless of what you like, there's way more to music than this.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
YES! Team Longhair Pride, I'm in. Don't know if someone noticed that in the video :LOL:

It was tricky to see but then I do recall you telling us about when you had some cool long dreads some years back, unless I'm mistaken. I kind of regret a little tying my hair back now. Dogmeat definitely wins the male hair award for having his on display so proudly. He looked awesome! Kaz's bun was huge though I spotted xheat Also, I must kidnap 94ayd to find out the secrets of his wonderfully thick beard whilst also picking up some fashion tips. That look was next level.

Your video was great, Ben. Very charming words and the singing at the end xheart

Zeus

Guess some of us are still young at heart and some of you are old (tasteless) souls. xscared
You must have a lot of, let's call it courage, to be a lover of typical Eurovision music and at the same time call others tasteless when it comes to taste in music.

Uto

Veteran
Why do so many eurofans act like all songs can be fitted into two categories - campy over-the-top dance bangers (like Cleopatra) or "boring", pretentious jury-bait ballads (like Fai Rumore)? Regardless of what you like, there's way more to music than this.
Correct, there are also joke entries like Russia, Iceland and Switzerland.

JamieBrown

I am also team longhair pride (with regard to men that is). I know that men wear their hair also long WITHOUT being a Heavy Metal freak. When I was young and a true Metal-lover, I only watched at men with looooooong hair.
Yeah, I was the metal lover once, and still do like things about. Just not "part of the scene". I'm more of the backpacking, folksy, feelgood, vegan hipster type of longhaired, now:lol:

It was tricky to see but then I do recall you telling us about when you had some cool long dreads some years back, unless I'm mistaken. I kind of regret a little tying my hair back now. Dogmeat definitely wins the male hair award for having his on display so proudly. He looked awesome! Kaz's bun was huge though I spotted xheat Also, I must kidnap 94ayd to find out the secrets of his wonderfully thick beard whilst also picking up some fashion tips. That look was next level.

Your video was great, Ben. Very charming words and the singing at the end

I agree about everything over Dogmeat. One of my fave videos. I must admit, that from your latest pictures here I feared your longtail was gone, so I could cheer about seeing it back xheat

The videos were all great. Like Rainy said, so many people I feel like I've got some kind of connection to for 6/7 years now and apart from some pictures, my volleyball youth career together in a team with Alex/Tengler and the chance to meet Daniel last September it was great to get some insights behind the avatar xheat

Krishoes

excuse-your-mouth-e1544475658916.png

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm already preparing a lot of standardized private messages and a bunch of flowers to send to the hottest guys, starting with that beautiful San Marino man with a clear Romagna accent and mustache like Salvador Dalì (who will also receive an anonymous letter of threats to the jury for totally snubbing the country that kindly allows them to exist, lawyers are already at work).xhmmm

f8d7a0db4b2b51eb2f71cced0031e382.jpg

Ciao. Grazie mille mia cara. Sir, I'll pass on your warm threats to the others, but please spare me for Italy were 4th in my ranking. Fai Rumore dropped a bit with me since Sanremo but it got itself right back into my heart again. Such a touching entry. Italy has been very high in my ranking four years in a row now.

I was kind of surprised actually how badly you did in our ranking. Ballads in general did terribly, with only Bulgaria making it to our top 10 as no one hated it. It's kind of strange cause three of our jurors are quite strongly into ballads but we each had different ideas as to which ones were good this year.

Steffan

Guys, any chance we can get Televote results like in ESC?
Meaning, total up all votes from people voting from Serbia and give it as 12, 10, 8-1 and so for all countries? All countries not participating as one RoTW vote and for countries where members only voted for like 3 songs, give them only 12-10-08?

Might be too much work but would be fun to see :)

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Guys, any chance we can get Televote results like in ESC?
Meaning, total up all votes from people voting from Serbia and give it as 12, 10, 8-1 and so for all countries? All countries not participating as one RoTW vote and for countries where members only voted for like 3 songs, give them only 12-10-08?

Might be too much work but would be fun to see :)
We dont have members from Moldova, Armenia, Georgia and San Marino at all, having only one from Albania, Azerbaijan, North Macedonia and some others, and here is only about juries. So it would be hardly possiblen or representative at all

crashworld

Veteran
You must have a lot of, let's call it courage, to be a lover of typical Eurovision music and at the same time call others tasteless when it comes to taste in music.

Oh lord, god forbid, I'm just being cheeky.

Before anyone label me to be a ballad-basher (not that I care to be honest).
My personal top 10 from this year's contest according to my Spotify playlist includes Switzerland, Finland, Norway and Australia (can I classify that a ballad?).
And further down, Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Romania and Portugal rounds up my top 20.
Let's just say, I don't feel too strongly about the ballads this year as compared to the previous years.

Of course, there are many shades and flavours to music. It's just easier to simplify things.

Top Bottom