Contact us

The Netherlands Eurovision 2020 Grand Final - RESULTS: 25th April 21:00 CEST in Twitch

Eurovision

Rotterdam 2020
Staff member
header.jpg

exlAhQP.png

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE ENTIRE PLAYLIST

x71Xv15.png

VIMEO

YOUTUBE

voting.jpg

votingnow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ArnIus

Please, help me! I cant understand, how to vote(( I cant find nothing in this website, please, somebody give me a link
No problem, I can try to help you. I see you are not part of any jury, so you don't have to worry about that! In order to participate in the televoting you need to send a message to the user @Eurovision. To send a message you need to press the mail icon in top right corner (in the center) and start a conversation. You can add their name and then you have 20 votes to divide however you want. For example you can send it this way:
5 televotes to: Kazakhstan
4 televotes to: New Zealand
4 televotes to: China
3 televotes to: Turkey
2 televotes to: Morocco
2 televotes to: Andorra

Remember you can vote for any country participating in the final.

I hope this was somewhat useful!

Last edited:

Himan

No problem, I can try to help you. I see you are not part of any jury, so you don't have to worry about that! In order to participate in the televoting you need to send a message to the user @Eurovision. To send a message you need to press the mail icon in top right corner (in the center). You can add their name and then you have 20 votes to divide however you want. For example you can send it this way:
5 televotes to: Kazakhstan
4 televotes to: New Zealand
4 televotes to: China
4 televotes to: Turkey
3 televotes to: Morocco
2 televotes to: Andorra

Remember you can vote for any country participating in the final.

I hope this was somewhat useful!
Those are 22 votes

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It's fine she voted alright after posting that.

Mainshow

Veteran
Just voted - I know some people just vote according to their taste in music and that's totally fine since music can never really be objective anyway but that's how I came up with my points

I came up with 10 categories and awarded 0 to 5 points each category. Some categories are more "wannabe objective", some are subjective but I think that overall, it was a fun and entertaining way to deal with all Eurovision entries + I'm quite surprised that it was a bit to somehow very different to my personal ranking.

The categories were:

VOICE
a) Vocal ability (What's the artist's vocal range? Do they make use of a special technique?...)
b) Tone (Kinda personal..Do I like the their tone? Distincitve, unique enough? Does the accent/diction/pronunciation bother me?...)

COMPOSITION
c) Arrangement (What's the production value? Coherent sound? Is it organic? How complex or fitting are the individual instruments?)
d) Melody (Catchy? Memorable? Complex? Uplifting?)
e) Lyrics (Rhymes, Stylistic Devices, Topic)
f) originiality (unique, innovative sound or does it sound like trend-chasing or imitating something from the radio? Does it stand out in the competition)

Likeability
g) Charisma (highly subjective but I think that "this category" is also imporant in real Eurovision. How does the artist represent themselves in the videos? - Maybe even performing skills?)
h) Entertainment (do I feel genuinely entertained by this entry or is it just some artsy-fartsy quality entry or basic bop?)

Personal Categories
i) Authenticity (Does this entry feel authentic? Who's involved in the writing process? Artistic integrity?)
j) Personal Liking (Do I like/love/dislike..etc. this entry?)

I even thought of Stats as a category. I wrote down the Betting Odds and wanted to calculate an average score based on how many points the German Eurovision jury awarded a country on its last 4 Grand Final appearances but the shit got way too complex for my liking :D

I know, I need a life and I'm a huge freak and probably totally nuts but I just wanted to share my "formula" with you ;)

I can't wait to see you all during the Grand Final on Twitch and THANK YOU to everyone who has made this all happen + who is part of this!

Petar

What about the instructions on recording jury results videos? My best friend accepted my offer to be our spokesperson, since everyone else on the jury rejected and my hair is a mess.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
@Trece What would we do if theoretically nobody in a jury group would feel comfortable filming themselves? I've yet to hear back from everyone in our group, but I know that I'm certainly not comfortable enough to do it, and so far at least one other person said they'd rather not.

If all you needed was a voice recording then there'd be no issue as I would have no problem talking on a mic and recording my voice, but I do not feel comfortable in front of a camera.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
@Trece What would we do if theoretically nobody in a jury group would feel comfortable filming themselves? I've yet to hear back from everyone in our group, but I know that I'm certainly not comfortable enough to do it, and so far at least one other person said they'd rather not.

If all you needed was a voice recording then there'd be no issue as I would have no problem talking on a mic and recording my voice, but I do not feel comfortable in front of a camera.
Filip said in other thread where we had a discussion he would definetely do that, so let's wait. If not, we will find a way.Btw you can ask anyone actually as Petar did

ArnIus

Filip said in other thread where we had a discussion he would definetely do that, so let's wait. If not, we will find a way.Btw you can ask anyone actually as Petar did

I would LOVE to make a video
Here it is 😆, but yeah as Trace said we can always find a way or possibly an alternative!

ArnIus

If this guy could convince bunches of Eurovision related artists like Jana Burceska, Silvàn Areg or Lina Kuduzovic to be part of their juries, then we can find any solution to get 41 videos xcheer

I saw this today and seriously thought wow this guy could get so many of the ESC/NF/JESC artists to be part of his competition. That is really awesome!

JamieBrown

I saw this today and seriously thought wow this guy could get so many of the ESC/NF/JESC artists to be part of his competition. That is really awesome!

Yup. Same reaction here. Stands out from all the voting simulations so far. And it seems, due to the cancellation, there are far more this year...

Good, that the bubble found a way to keep the fun xyes

Top Bottom