Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

shameless

Also if no contest will be hold from official site I hope every fan organization and stations will push together to have an unofficial accoustic contest at least with fair voting etc so that we can have our winner and a ranking. When it comes to numbers, statistics and placements, I am an obsessed geek and thats a big part of the fun for me at ESC so I am just hoping the EBU will not let us fans down.

Fierro

It's not really about fans, the show is worldwide. And you either broadcast it on TV or cancel.

Etanna

Tbh, I would go with a full on show as it was planned with or without public, smaller crowd, don't care just use that fing stage.

I doubt all the artists and delegations will be willing/allowed to go. Many countries have closed their borders and are completely quarantined. It would be a huge risk on the EBU's part to just hope that everything's going to get under control by mid-May.

I'm hoping for the postponement option - it seems like the most feasible and advantageous thing to do. The next year can be hosted whenever. Historically, it wasn't always May anyway so it shouldn't be a problem to host it some other months again.

Storm

It will be cancelled and the same songs/artists will be performed in 2021 in Rotterdam. I'm sure they would also prefer a postponement but if that's not possible for whatever reason (e.g. availability of the arena) then they have no other choice.

It's not possible to go through with it even without a crowd because the number of people involved (delegations, television etc) is just too big. Also there's always a threat of someone getting infected and then everyone is quarantined right away.

darkap

The broadcasters who originated the rumor about the full cancellation (I saw a video from KAN/Israel, someone is talking about RUV/Iceland too) that is now out of control, should be money sanctioned by the EBU

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Bulgarian delegation had their say on the matter:
Z7gcbbT.png

And these are the delegates (aka the people who would be in talks with the EBU at their meetings).

Cancellation news = Fake news. DO NOT trust it until the EBU have confirmed it.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
and of course, the second i make that post, this happens:

90088932_646488379473136_6363169412538695680_n.png

Sucks.

Zeus

It is confirmed. Dutch media now say it is officially cancelled.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Ohh no eurovision has been cancelled. Is this the first time this happened. Also will ESC 2021 be with same artists and songs or the new ones.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
This is so sad. It was one thing i was really looking forward to this year and a flat out cancellation is such a drastic step. I feel especially bad for all of this years artists who have worked so hard to get to Eurovision and now they wont go.

tuorem

Since they probably didn't consider broadcasting performances at home via satellite, cancellation was the only sensible option. I called it.

Of course it is sad, but health comes first. Money, time and effort are nothing in comparison. The situation is unprecedented, we never had a pandemic after Eurovision was created, so it obviously required unprecedented decisions.

Now it remains to be seen what will become of the artists and their songs. The Netherlands will most likely host next year in any case.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Honestly, all the acts that have been selected should just be invited back for 2021. Ideally with the same songs.

In any case, this is horrible news, but it was the most resilient choice. Glad the EBU aren't proving themselves to be money-grabbing pieces of shit, unlike some *other* event organisers *coughTheIOCcough*

hijirio

Veteran
Today is a dark day. I'm not OK.........

MalagaToledo

Banned
I'm really curious. Does this mean no Hungary 2021 as well? Cause the countries, artists and songs remain the same I guess. I'm not a fan of theirs I'm just curious.

Top Bottom