Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Is everyones favourite Swedish person doing the running order?

hungo

Guys be realistic. Eurovision 2020 will be cancelled soon. The number of infections in the netherlands rises quickly and the government does not really do anything against it. Thus it will get much worse in the next weeks and drastic reactions will have to follow. thousands of people from all over europe coming together in rotterdam is absolutely unimaginable. it just started it will not be over in may.

marty

Guys be realistic. Eurovision 2020 will be cancelled soon. The number of infections in the netherlands rises quickly and the government does not really do anything against it. Thus it will get much worse in the next weeks and drastic reactions will have to follow. thousands of people from all over europe coming together in rotterdam is absolutely unimaginable. it just started it will not be over in may.
I fear you are right. in Austria there are less infections than in the netherlands, still museums, universities and schools get closed and all events with more than 100 people are cancelled. There is still hope for Eurovision, but I get more pessimistic each day.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
1- They really wont cancel it. Logistics & costs alone make sure of that. It would have to be apocalyptic and an absolute final choice for it to happen. They'll do other steps before that, no fan zones, no audiences on rehearsal shows etc. I don't get why people think an event of this magnitude and work can be just cancelled or postponed. It's 2 months away, a lot can happen by then.

2- We have a thread in the politics section that discusses this, so continue there x

marty

1- They really wont cancel it. Logistics & costs alone make sure of that. It would have to be apocalyptic and an absolute final choice for it to happen. They'll do other steps before that, no fan zones, no audiences on rehearsal shows etc. I don't get why people think an event of this magnitude and work can be just cancelled or postponed. It's 2 months away, a lot can happen by then.

2- We have a thread in the politics section that discusses this, so continue there x
this is the general discussion thread, so anything can be discussed here. and if esc will be cancelled or not has absolutely nothing to do with costs and logistics. It is not EBU or the dutch television who will decide on that but the dutch health authorities. it is just very naive to think that they care about costs and logistics.

Schlagerman1

this is the general discussion thread, so anything can be discussed here. and if esc will be cancelled or not has absolutely nothing to do with costs and logistics. It is not EBU or the dutch television who will decide on that but the dutch health authorities. it is just very naive to think that they care about costs and logistics.

The admins and moderators on the forum has already told several people to try to avoid writing about covid-19 in any place on the forum except for in the politics section. If there are news about ESC being postponed, held within closed doors and whatever, then we might be able to discuss it more here, but for now, let's keep us that might want a little space from the worry about the disease get it and focus on the contest, hosts, songs, artists or whatever do it here.

FilipFromSweden

I mean if E3 got cancelled...

Mainshow

Veteran
This is definitely the right place to talk about Corona as well because apparently, the city council of Rotterdam will discuss the threat of corona/its impact on Eurovision and how to proceed with the preparation/construction/logistics

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I hope that corona virus will affect ESC enough to see these countries withdraw from the contest: Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands (lol), North Macedonia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

Top Bottom