Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I personally am looking forward to seeing you all in Podgorica.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
rio 2020

tomos2019

My one usual request I have every year is to hear more languages we don't usually! I accept the language rule isn't coming back although I'll controversially admit I do prefer those days but I'd at least like countries that haven't sung in a language other than English since 1998 to try something different.

ESCConor

It will be interesting to see where the contest will be next year. I sense the following cities and venues will be considered in the bidding process.

Amsterdam - Ziggodome - 17k
Rotterdam - Ahoy Arena - 15k
Utrecht - Jaarbeurs - 30k
Arnhem - GelreDome - 41k
The Hague - Carl Jeans Stadion - 15k

0scar

It will be interesting to see where the contest will be next year. I sense the following cities and venues will be considered in the bidding process.

Amsterdam - Ziggodome - 17k
Rotterdam - Ahoy Arena - 15k
Utrecht - Jaarbeurs - 30k
Arnhem - GelreDome - 41k
The Hague - Carl Jeans Stadion - 15k

Maastricht's MECC confirmed they are going to issue a bid as well. It has a capacity of around 30.000.

popavapeur

just let it be Amsterdam, it's obviously one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and in The Netherlands.

Reinventor

just let it be Amsterdam, it's obviously one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and in The Netherlands.

As a Dutch person I personally find Amsterdam to be overrated, and I avoid the city. Cities like Maastricht, The Hague and Utrecht to me are way more beautiful.

ESCConor

As a Dutch person I personally find Amsterdam to be overrated, and I avoid the city. Cities like Maastricht, The Hague and Utrecht to me are way more beautiful.

Absolutely Agree, I personally would love it to be in Maastricht, Wouldn't it be great to have Andre Rieu as an interval act next year! I love his music!

eerik

No random have-been pop stars as interval acts this time, please.

Miloutchi

I would like Maastricht too. It is where the EU was formed, it is close to both Germany and Belgium and it is something different than Amsterdam. Amsterdam is a city for tourists. Dutch people avoid the city and the city itself is always complaining there are too many tourists. Everybody has seen it already a million times. If you want to show your country, you choose something more authentic. The Netherlands is more than just Amsterdam and the Randstad. Rotterdam would also be nice though.

And an interval act with André Rieu would be epic.

Reinventor

Oh I agree, André Rieu as an interval act would be absolutely epic, and I have a feeling he would do it if the contest ends up in his hometown Maastricht. I'm sure that behind the screens the Maastricht committee already talked to him. But I'm sure it's going to end up in Amsterdam, because our media is very Amsterdam focussed.

ESCConor

Oh I agree, André Rieu as an interval act would be absolutely epic, and I have a feeling he would do it if the contest ends up in his hometown Maastricht. I'm sure that behind the screens the Maastricht committee already talked to him. But I'm sure it's going to end up in Amsterdam, because our media is very Amsterdam focussed.

It would be a shame if it was Amsterdam, theres a hell of a lot more to the Netherlands than Amsterdam and Rotterdam.

I personally would love it to be in one of the smaller cities like Maastricht and Utrecht.

Brandt

I hope to see Anouk next year. She was the beginning of a new era for the Netherlands in the Eurovision. I still remember the media fuss after the semi night portraying her on the entire pages on Dutch newspapers.

ESCConor

I hope to see Anouk next year. She was the beginning of a new era for the Netherlands in the Eurovision. I still remember the media fuss after the semi night portraying her on the entire pages on Dutch newspapers.

It would be nice to see Anouk and also The Common Linnets too.

GermanBango

1. I`ll definitely go to attend Eurovision next year as it`s gonna be super close to were I live (even closer than Düsseldorf actually)
2. Carice van Houten as host please! Eurovision is bright and full of terrors :lol:

Top Bottom