Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - Eurovision Song Celebration and Europe: Shine a Light - Discussion Thread

Sean

Admin
Staff member

While the contest is not going ahead in it's traditional format, the first EBU show begins tonight at 21:00 CEST with the first "Eurovision Song Celebration". Please use this thread to react live to the three EBU shows and discuss the performances!

Mainshow

Veteran
Yesterday's running order was perfectly fine.
It's not easy to come up with a diverse one if there's only Uptempo songs in the second half (minus Belgium and Norway).

Björkman's ROs are always so predictable. The one from yesterday does make sense and was a lovely surprise.

crashworld

Veteran
Typing out my thoughts as I am watching the shown now:

- Poor Belarus. Giving them the death slot from the get-go.
- Imagine Croatia revamping the song and give us uptempo version shown. That would get the gays voting for this daddy.
- For the running order of the first half, I would have put Ireland much earlier, coz from song 1 to 6, there isn't really a proper uptempo track (the closest is Lithuania) and putting it right before Russia makes it weird, having 2 uptempo tracks back to back. I would have switched it with Australia or North Macedonia.
- Usually there is a short break between the first half and second half right, then I would have put Belgium in between Russia and Ireland.
- The reactions to the songs, realize there is no bad feedback on them? LOL.
- As for the running order of the second half, I would have chosen Israel to close the show, a perfect way to end the evening with a smile on the face and feel-good vibes.
- By the way, they can't let Azerbaijan close the show again because they have closed the show last year with the hot daddy Chingiz.
- They decide to show the music videos if there is one instead of the 'live' performance.

Mainshow

Veteran
The non-Björkman running orders are SOOOO good! - More organic and less predictable!

0scar

I.. I'm not really sure what they were thinking when putting Iceland and Switzerland together

Zonne147

I don't get Denmark that early in the 2nd half too, I just see Latvia getting the closing spot now.

In my opinion any other slow song other than Switzerland should have got that #10 spot

Last edited:

Zonne147

Georgia and Latvia would be back to the final I guess

hijirio

Veteran
Latvia after Bulgaria is so xheat

crashworld

Veteran
What is wrong putting Switzerland after Iceland? I don't see any wrong in that. A slow song after a mid-tempo fun and whacky song. There is a contrast. Plus, I doubt this order will hurt either chances of qualifying if the contest is to go ahead.

Mainshow

Veteran
This! The Dutch producers didn't care about "obvious favourites". The focused on the songs instead and I applaud them for that.
Definitely fairer and better than the discriminating and fixed draws powered by Björkman

Realest

The Worst RO Ive ever seen. Nearly nothing made Sense. Unfortunately last Year was Björkmans last RO.

Petar

I'm not gonna watch this BS show tonight. I'd rather play Sims 4 tbh. Besides, my ESC ended when our voting on the forum ended.

randajad

Veteran
Omg BHRT has another Eurovision special right before Europe Shine a Light. xheat

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
When competition/voting and show aspects are out, Eurovision Song Celebration is just another listening of all (overlistened) songs and its boring. At least semifinals were super boring, i gave a try but couldn't force myself to watch till the end

Top Bottom