Contact us

Eurovision 2016 - 60th Anniversary Edition

lucian-crusher

Wouldn't it be great if for Eurovision 2016, EBU would take the UEFA example about EURO 2016, and have the contest in more countries as it's an anniversary edition?

I would propose something like this:

- Midle of April - First Semifinal to be held in the country that finished 3rd in Eurovision 2015
- Begining of May - Second Semifinal to be held in the country that finished 2nd in Eurovision 2015
- Midle of May - Final to be held in the country that won Eurovision 2015

What do you think?

EscGeek

Veteran
nope.gif

Quent91

What ? 1 month for the Eurovision ?

No.

But I would love to see Luxembourg, Andorra, Monaco Czech Republic, Slovakia, Liechtenstein and Australia competing in the contest.

Terence

How about a Congratulations edition like they did in 2005 for the 50th birthday?

Schlagerman1

How about a Congratulations edition like they did in 2005 for the 50th birthday?

I think it is too soon for have a competition like that, especially when I think it was pretty clear that Abba won and would have a great shot of winning again. Maybe for when ESC celebrates 75 or 100 it is time for a new voting similar to Congratulations.

It is acutally time to discuss, how will they celebrate this even? One way could be to make an award ceremony which esc-fans can first nominate in different awards (like best pop-song, best ballad, best rock-song or best outfit and so on) and that the 5 with the most nominations get to the 2nd part where a new voting is held and the one of the 5 with the most votes win the awards! :D

Terence

I don't know on what criteria the songs were chosen back then... not that they didn't deserve their nomination but 'My Number One' was still brand new to be included in the top 14... I know it was a big winner, a big hit & all but it was still too recent in my eyes...

Maybe they will select them through our own Big Tournament, who knows :lol:

Obama420

Wouldn't it be great if for Eurovision 2016, EBU would take the UEFA example about EURO 2016, and have the contest in more countries as it's an anniversary edition?

Top Bottom