Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
What does your friend Shearer say about Sterling, Kane and Saka dives? xrofl

Edit: ah… double ball on the pitch, Ashleyxshrug

tbh I don't care what side it is, Italy, England or the Pitcairn Islands. It's super trashy game play to do stuff like that and really cheapens the game. It must be the only sport in the world where the core drive is to try and fake penalties etc.

tbh I don't care what side it is, Italy, England or the Pitcairn Islands. It's super trashy game play to do stuff like that and really cheapens the game. It must be the only sport in the world where the core drive is to try and fake penalties etc.
Immobile was hit. He just heightened the pain to call up the VAR. More simulations have been seen tonight than in Europe as a whole. Winning like this is pathetic. Italy won the final with sweat and had a much more difficult path. Trust me, I like the Italy vs England final better. It is better to remove your smile one step away from the finish line xbeach

Ausesken

It all started with the Pitcairn Islands. Scandalous the amount of times they have benefited from fake penalties!

ekzuu

Congratz Italy and England! Much like yesterday the semi-final was quite close and equal and I feel sad for both losing teams because they both played well. In my opinion that was not a penalty, referee should have gone and check the situation on that small tv, but he was so sure in the first place... and that penalty decided the game, or rather, the penalty was weak but luckily for Kane the situation resolved like that. However, it felt like England's goal was close anyway, pressure was immense.

Now the final will be interesting, I'd say it's 50/50, Italy's past games haven't been so convincing, I hope they take active role in the game and don't get too defensive, sooner or later there's gonna be a mistake playing like that and England is with enough class to use it. Italy should play like they played against Belgium. Also it's a question about physique, today it seemed England is in quite good condition, exchanges even came kinda late. Everything shows English team really wants it, Brits are so passionate, they have waited long so I would be happy for them to see them win. However, I hope Italy shows great game and wins :)

Anyway, can some English in the forum explain the boos to the Danish anthem at the start of the game? Will crowfunding start tomorrow to send all Danes to Disneyland? :lol:

nofuxCZ

The English deserved to win but that penalty which shouldn't have been a penalty leaves bit of a sour taste... and also 2 balls were on the pitch at the same time right before that, the ref should have stopped the game.
Anyway, Denmark should be proud of what they achieved.

The English deserved to win but that penalty which shouldn't have been a penalty leaves bit of a sour taste... and also 2 balls were on the pitch at the same time right before that, the ref should have stopped the game.
Anyway, Denmark should be proud of what they achieved.
England didn't deserve to win. We can say that she was playing better than Denmark. You have to score one goal more than your opponent to win. Would England have won on penalties? 50% chance. Indeed, the chances would have been less because it is not easy to shoot penalties in front of your public. Too much pressure.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It all started with the Pitcairn Islands. Scandalous the amount of times they have benefited from fake penalties!

DAMN THEM PITCAIRN ISLANDERS RUINING THE GAME OF FOOTBALL.

271.gif

MopManMoss

Veteran
England didn't deserve to win. We can say that she was playing better than Denmark. You have to score one goal more than your opponent to win. Would England have won on penalties? 50% chance. Indeed, the chances would have been less because it is not easy to shoot penalties in front of your public. Too much pressure.
Pickford had a pretty rough game imo, if it went to penalties there is no doubt in my mind that Denmark would have won

LakZaNokte

Congrats to finalists!

Good luck and hope we have a nice final. And, ofc, may the best team win :D

LakZaNokte

Anyway, can some English in the forum explain the boos to the Danish anthem at the start of the game? Will crowfunding start tomorrow to send all Danes to Disneyland? :lol:
I don’t mind when someone boos the anthem. It only means they take you seriously.
Nobody boos Lichtenstein, for example.

Not everything is international scandal.

mauve

Veteran
Like someone wrote above, there is a sour taste left after the game yesterday because it never ever has been a penalty. This way, the chance of a fair game was taken away, Denmark might have won it with penalties. I was even angrier yesterday than when Germany lost against England because our defeat was justified since we didn't deserve to win unlike Denmark. Nevertheless Kudos to Denmark for what they have achieved!
And PLEASE Italy will you take the victory and take revenge on the unjustified penalty from England?

ShoeFlo

I don’t mind when someone boos the anthem. It only means they take you seriously.

There is a good reason why England wouldn't boo the Liechtenstein anthem.

It's got the same melody as God Save the Queen :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if they'd play it twice when they face each other or just once for both teams xthink

I don't think it's normal to whistle a national anthem. Whoever whistles a hymn is offending a nation. Even a slice of Italian fans whistled the Swedish anthem in 2017 But Buffon reacted by commiserating that idiotic gesture. In this case... "Sound of silence" xviolin I saw, not a slice, but most of the stadium being excited and scornfully whistling both the German and Danish anthem. What makes me understand that there is in contempt? When the whistles go to mock a crying girl and call her "Cuntie" or "Baby Nazis" obviously in the hearts of the fans there can be nothing but the desire to bully xshrug In all this there is no competition, no sharing nor any fight against racism. I can only accept when the fan whistles the action of the opposing team because he is afraid and hopes to make the opposing players nervousxup

Teaisloveable

Ahhhh English Football fans taking things too far... Are we surprised :rolleyes:

Whatever we think of the awarded penalty, it was the decision of the ref / VAR at the time of play. There have been controversial decisions throughout the tournament(s) against/ for all teams. Sometimes they are played on, other times they are not. I think every single decision is going to have fans on both sides supporting/ denying it.

However, booing national anthems, setting off fireworks and shining lasers into the faces of opposing team members is just completely out of order and highlights all that is wrong with football hooliganism. It also puts a damper on England making it to the final for the first time in 55 years (only 10 years off the start of Eurovision!)

I think both Denmark and England played very well last night, it really could have gone either way, but England just made it over the line.

Sunday is going to be an intense match!

Ausesken

The most suspicious thing about the penalty is that, being it a crucial decision that very probably leads one of teams to the final, the referee doesn't even bother to check the action with the VAR.

Is this a way for UEFA to say 'thank you' to English clubs for ruining the Super League? xexcuseme XDD

The most suspicious thing about the penalty is that, being it a crucial decision that very probably leads one of teams to the final, the referee doesn't even bother to check the action with the VAR.

Is this a way for UEFA to say 'thank you' to English clubs for ruining the Super League? xexcuseme XDD
No, Asusken. The VAR control was there and it was considered right to validate the rigor. It was not just Sterling's dive that was erratic but two balls were present on the pitch during the action. The action was to be stopped regardless. Furthermore, the penalty, if we are to accept it, was to be repeated due to the laser attacks of the fans towards Schmeichel.

Anyway ... England's penalty was clear that it would be awarded. Previously Kane had dabbled in a "somersault and a half reversed with three and a half twists, in free position" inside the Danish area complete with rolls and tears of pain. The beauty of it all is that Shearer called Immobile's behavior pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom