Contact us

Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looren

Veteran
Wow I just checked and Perisic was infected by the Coronavirus, poor guy...

Without him Croatia will have a hard time in the rest of this Euro

mauve

Veteran
I knew it ...
:cry:

ShoeFlo

if Spain had a good striker, they would be a strong contender for the win of this Euro

Kudos to Croatia for great mentality. There was a time in this match in which I strongly believed Croatia would turn it around completely... if Kramaric (I think) scores the fourth goal in the beginning of extra time I think Spains resistance would have been broken but later on Spain restarted their engines and were eventually unstoppable

I liked how Spain after the 5:3 ran the ball with their possession game and their technical abilities,and killed off the match. If they learn to calm the match in the right moments by possession instead of attacking, they will even be better. The defense is now and then shaky, but as long as they keep possession in their typical fashion they can frustrate the opponents.

Most entertaining match of this tournament (so far)

I had written that Croatia would wake up in the round of 16 and that it would bother Spain a lot. We all witnessed the talent of Modric and his teammates but this was not enough. I am sorry for Croatia and for our dear friend, Jopi xcry

I wonder, why the coach of Croatia, having obtained a draw, did not enter Vrsaljko and did not tell his players to be careful of the defensive phase? xthink It is reckless to play against Spain "openly" in extra time xwall

However, the game showed us two things:

-) Modric is "the Croatian god of football" and Orsic is a great player xbow

-) Spain suffers a lot from verticalization and the defense is not strong. Spain's best and only defensive weapon is the web of passes that serve to put the game to sleep and make the opponents run in circles.

Now ... I find myself at -2 from Mauve! xgaahThe "queen of predictions" xhmmm managed to beat me again! xfaint Before the game, I knew that Spain were favorites but romantically I wanted to believe in Croatia xleft I also believed in Croatia because it is a team capable of combining quality in passing, verticalization, dribbling and solid play (the latter was missing tonight) which are qualities that Spain would have suffered.

Anyway ... I managed to predict that the match between Spain and Croatia would not go to penalties xcheer

cegs5

Yasssss! Go go :es: Best match of the tournament so far! Croatia was a strong contender.

I think the Spanish team has been unfairly criticised based on the expectations for being a powerhouse, but objectively, they have been playing well, even with the lack of goal against fierce opponents like Sweden and Poland. So far, it’s one of the unbeaten teams and they are on the rise (y)

Jopi

Oh no worries @H.P. Lovecraft, I was prepared for loss.
Modrić wasn't good today, the whole defense is an absolute problem in Croatia, especially now...
Pašalić, Oršić and Budimir did wonders in the last minutes, but some missed opportunities at the beginning of extra-time and yeah.. Kudos to Kovačić, Vlašić and Brozović. Congrats to Spain, I'm not even mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom