Contact us

Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seok-jin

:tr: Türkiyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xcheer

ShoeFlo

Today I am cheering for :wale: and :tr:. :wale:, because I want them to win their group and :tr:, because their will end up third place in their group and :fi: changes to get to playoffs will be better, because a goal diffence.

The best result for Finland would be a draw between :tr: and :ch: because in this case the third placed team ( :ch: )would remain on 2 points and end up behind Finland in the third-place-ranking in any case. That's what I would hope for if I was you.

Edit: anyway, I think Denmark will beat Russia so I guess Finland is still in danger to lose the 3rd place :(

heke1988

The best result for Finland would be a draw between :tr: and :ch: because in this case the third placed team ( :ch: )would remain on 2 points and end up behind Finland in the third-place-ranking in any case. That's what I would hope for if I was you.

Edit: anyway, I think Denmark will beat Russia so I guess Finland is still in danger to lose the 3rd place :(

You are right about that, but if :tr: and :ch: game will not end up draw, I hope :tr: to win that game. And I want to believe, :ru: will at least get draw on their game against :dk:.

Milos-BC

:hu: definitely surprised me. I knew they are a good and unpredictable team, but I expected a clean :fr: victory here. Their coach prepared the team really well. Nemanja Nikolić (who used to play in my club - Partizan) played a really good match and I so glad for him. :fr: can do much better, as we've seen already.

:de: played a magnificent match and I am so glad xheart There is still room for improvement in certain aspects, but overall, I think the team is well prepared both tactically and mentally. As usual, :de: will be a tough nut to crack.

And as for the last match..... I am sad to see :es: in this condition :( It is still one of my favorite national teams, but without a doubt, :es: needs to change its play style. The current philosophy is not suitable for the profile of players that :es: has. :pl: played a great match and I would love to see them go far in this championship.

Today I am rooting for :it: and :tr: .

p.s. Btw, whenever you feel sad when your team is underperforming, as a spark of hope, just remember this -- last time we were on EURO was 21 years ago when I was 10 years old and still in elementary school :lol: We never participated as :rs: . I barely remember EURO 2000, but the only thing I do remember well from that championship was our 6:1 defeat against :nl: . I remember I watched that match at a friend's house, he had a birthday party, and we got so angry after :nl: trashed us. We immediately opened FIFA 2000 on his PC and we chose :nl: as a rival with difficulty set to "Very easy" and that is how we got our vengeance xrofl So yeah, just remember, there is always a worse scenario :lol:

Looren

Veteran
p.s. Btw, whenever you feel sad when your team is underperforming, as a spark of hope, just remember this -- last time we were on EURO was 21 years ago when I was 10 years old and still in elementary school :lol: We never participated as :rs: . I barely remember EURO 2000, but the only thing I do remember well from that championship was our 6:1 defeat against :nl: . I remember I watched that match at a friend's house, he had a birthday party, and we got so angry after :nl: trashed us. We immediately opened FIFA 2000 on his PC and we chose :nl: as a rival with difficulty set to "Very easy" and that is how we got our vengeance xrofl So yeah, just remember, there is always a worse scenario :lol:

Well at least you did a pretty good World Cup last time :lol:

heke1988

Are you sure you want Wales to win, Heke? There is the remote possibility that Finland may meet Italy (if you finish second). Wouldn't it be better for Wales to come second and Finland to come second? The eighth final for you would not be impossible and you could still continue dreaming.

I take a challenge! This would be our second competition between Italy and Finland in this year. Last time you won;).

heke1988

Damn it, :ch:!

heke1988

Come on, :tr:! Get your first goal against :ch:!

heke1988

Okay, :tr: will loose:cry:.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

It's weird that Serbia has so many difficulties in qualifying for EURO, while for the World Cup they managed to qualify more often and more easily. It's not surprising, because obviously the World Cup is more prestigious, but still, one would think that qualifying for the continental cup (where there are more spots available than for the World Cup) would be easier to do, than to qualify for the World Cup.

ShoeFlo

:rs: must be one of the most underachieving national teams of Europe looking at the last 10-15 years... great players, great squad but never lived up to the expectations. Same can be said about :at: but at least theyve qualified this time

back to topic: Turkey is miserable ... people said they were harmless against Italy but retrospectively it seems like their match against Italy was still their best :LOL:

heke1988

Italy scored.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Wow, Turkey has scored! Maybe they can snatch a draw after all.

heke1988

heke1988

Well at least Switzerland goal diffence is -1. So if Finland end up draw against Belgium, we will be higher on third place ranking than Switzerland.

heke1988

My tomorrow's wishes:

- Ukraine or Austria will win their match against each other. Draw would be disaster for Finland's hopes to get to playoffs, because both Ukraine and Austria have done more goals than Finland.

- Finland will get at least draw against Belgium. That will end up us to 4 points and secure third place on group B.

- Match between Russia and Denmark depends on, how Finland and Belgium will play against each other. If Belgium wins, Russia should at least get draw against Denmark. If draw, Denmark should win, so Finland will be 2nd place on Group B. if Finland wins, draw or Russia's loose would be best options.

:nl: and :mk: game is whatever, but it would be nice for :mk: to win at least one game on this tournament.

Here I am. Finally I can comment on Italy's performance.

FIRST HALF:

Italy is on the field with a new formation for 8/11. We have chosen to play with reserves to train the team, avoid yellow cards, fatigue and injuries.

The game of the first half was this: Italy manages and waits for the opening to score while Wales remains in defense and starts hitting our players like blacksmiths who strike iron. Then ... Verratti manages to conquer with his dribbling a foul outside the penalty area, the free kick is beaten and Pessina unlocks with a great goal. After that, the rest of the first half continued with the same score. The flare-ups of Wales were few and tepid. Disappointing Bale. Note of merit goes to Mancini, did you see what a quick heel strike? He is one of the talents who has seen little of the senior national team because in the 90s there was a lot of competitiveness.

SECOND HALF:

Mancini takes away Bonucci for Acerbi (now only Jorginho and Donnarumma were the starters who played against Turkey and Switzerland). Brilliant move by Mancini who chooses to move the high defense line: Wales have problems setting up the game from below.

The second half follows the same score as the first half until Ampadu violently hits Bernardeschi without caring about the ball. The Welsh player is sent off and the game is now 10 to 11. Moore's entry manages to give Wales a little more vigor and the Welsh national team manages to be dangerous with a Rodon side but Bale spoils badly. Italy is dangerous several times and touches the second goal several times but the tough defense of Wales and our desire to "not force the game" did not allow the doubling.

Finally enter Castrovilli, Raspadori and ... the goalkeeper Sirigu: it is Italy B at 100% !!! The game continues with Italy that does not want to push the accelerator and this is good for a fearful Wales who does not want to lose the "best goal difference" compared to Switzerland (yellow cards and expulsion, in the event of a tie. goals, would move the British national team to third place). The match ends and Mancini manages to equal the positive trail of victories of 2018-2019 (11 consecutive) and the record of Vittorio Pozzo (the legendary coach of the two consecutive world championships won: 1934-1938). The consecutive useful results of Mancini / Pozzo are 30!

Now ... I can't be fully happy because, as Gianluca Tomoe says, I've never eaten a pizza with Locatelli and I haven't taken Bonucci's son to play in the park. According to Tomoe, "if you don't know someone, you can't cheer them on" xrofl

Anyway, Italy has done its "homework" and now the serious part of the tournament begins. We must be focused and keep our Italian blood and heart warm which has made us triumph several times and always made us dangerous in knockout matches. Let's see if Italy's opponent will be Ukraine or Austria. Even if for me Ukraine is stronger than the Austrian national team, we Italians shouldn't underestimate anyone. The ball is round and the danger is always around the corner.

FORZA ITALIA!!! The "Magic Nights" have just begun!!!

PS: I dedicate this song to all of you. Surely Mauve and Whiteshoes will appreciate it very much (it will remind him of the world championships they won in 1990 xheya).

NOTTI MAGICHE xyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom