Contact us

Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realest

:se: xcheerxcheer

Schlagerman1

So with one round left, these are the 20 countries that has or is now in place to qualify to Euro 2020:

:en: :cz: :ua: :pt: :de:
:nl: :dk: :ch: :hr: :hu:
:es: :se: :pl: :at: :fr:
:tr: :be: :ru: :it: :fi:

And these are how the Play-offs will look like:

Path D:
:ge: vs. :by:
:mk: vs. :xk:
winner vs. winner

Path C:
:sc: vs. :bg:
:no: vs. :rs:
winner vs. winner

Path B:
:ba: vs. :ie:
:wale: vs. :sk:
winner vs. winner

Path A:
:is: vs. :ro:
::ulst vs. :il:
winner vs. winner

ShoeFlo

Congrats :de: :nl: :hr: and :at: :cool:

Tomorrow :pt: will seal it

and monday it will be :ch:

Those are the remaining fixtures that are actually exciting. Both take place on the british isles.

:ie: vs :dk: in Group D on Monday. Ireland is strong on home ground and they've got loud and fanatic supporters who turns the stadium in a lions den. If Ireland wins they will catch Denmark up due to head-of-head record. However I think Denmark is too good and too confident to throw this away

:wale: vs :hu: in Group E on Tuesday This group is exciting since weve got three teams left who can grasp the desired 2nd place. Wales qualify if they win, Hungary qualify if they win, Slovakia probably qualify if Wales and Hungary draw. And actually I think the latter will happen.

as78

[MENTION=4395]Schlagerman1[/MENTION] You forgot :ba: and so :gr: can't qualify for play-offs any more, they are eliminated.

Realest

Thanks at ::ulst for giving us the Victory.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Euro tournament has never been so close to me like Euro 2020, but yet I don't feel thrilled with it. Maybe because football is not in my top 10-20 list of fave sports.

AlekS

Veteran
We scored on the last minute!

rzavqfm.gif

Lost 0 matches in the group. The whole game was xpopcorn

Congrats :pt: xcheers

Realest

Congrats :dk::ch:

Realest

:wale: is the last direct Qualifier. Btw. embarassing result from :at:

ShoeFlo

Congrats :wale: .. lets not forget they gotta defend their 3rd place from last Euro :D good to have them in the Euros again

:wale: is the last direct Qualifier. Btw. embarassing result from :at:

Fair enough Austria played with a B or C side, with players who never played together. Nevertheless of course you should not lose against Latvia

I am happy for Latvia though. They didnt win a match for ages, not even one of out six in the Nations League D... It is the only win for Baltic nations in this Qualification Lithuania and Estonia only got a draw

Play-offs should be like this now xthink

Path A:
:is: vs :ro:
:il: vs :hu:

Path B:
:ba: vs ::ulst
:sk: vs :ie:

Path C:
:sc: vs :bg:
:no: vs :rs:

Path D:
:ge: vs :by:
:mk: vs :xk:

Schlagerman1

Path A:
:il: vs :hu:

Path B:

Path C:
:sc: vs :bg:

Path D:

It seems to have changed recently, so it is only Path B and D that is clear will look like that. They will also make a draw which three out of Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary and Romania will compete in Path A or C.

Realest

E:...........

Realest

Btw. a few Groupmatches we know right now:

:ru: vs :dk: vs :be:
:ua: vs :nl:

JamieBrown

I don't really understand why, but Bulgaria will not be automatically drawn to path C, so there will be an extra draw which team of the non-group winner out of Nations League C (named Bulgaria, Romania, Israel & Hungary) will play path A or C playoffs...

Schlagerman1

I don't really understand why, but Bulgaria will not be automatically drawn to path C, so there will be an extra draw which team of the non-group winner out of Nations League C (named Bulgaria, Romania, Israel & Hungary) will play path A or C playoffs...

Yeah I don't understand it either, but I guess they panicked when they saw that the four hosts were going to the play-offs, which would mean less money if several of them failed. This is though UEFAs own fault, for bringing such a crappy idea as the Euro 2020-format is.

Himan

The other option would be giving Euro's to Turkey :p

Realest

Nationsleague Playoffs:

A:

:bg: vs :hu:

Final will take place in :bg: or :hu:

B:

Final will take place in :ba: or ::ulst

C:

:sc: vs :il:

Final will take Place in :no: or :rs:

D:

Final will take Place in :ge: or :by:

ShoeFlo

Well let's try a prediction then

Path A:
Sadly, Iceland is in a heavy decline. They are approximately on the same level with Romania and Hungary, Bulgaria is pretty weak.

I see Iceland beating Romania, in extra-time if necessay, since they can still mostly rely on their 'home strength'

The final could be Hungary vs Iceland and it would be a pretty close match with Hungary having a slight advantage imo.

:hu: is my guess here. They would join the Germany group. Other than that, it would be nice to see my home country facing my favorite country (Iceland). But from what I've seen from Iceland since the WC 2018 I can tell you they've got no business in the Euro and they would become the whipping boy of the tournament. Not sure if I'd like to see that.

Path B:
Bosnia beat Northern Ireland twice in the Nations league group stage and I think they will beat them again. I can't put the finger on what was wrong with them in the qualification campaign but I still believe they are better than Northern Ireland, especially on home ground.

Slovakia vs Ireland could turn into extra time of penalty shoot-out, but I'll bet on Slovakia

Since I might overestimate the home advantage so far I believe that Slovakia might also beat Bosnia on their home pitch and win that Path B

prediction: :sk: . They would join the Spain group

Path C:
This is the path I am interested in the most. Because I am crossing my fingers so much for Norway as they'd really deserve it. If theyve been a little more smarter in the qualification they would have qualified already. They gave away 2:0 leads against both Sweden and Romania and they eventually lost only a single match. And I love to see their big talents Odegaard and Haland on a big stage like the Euro.

Since Norway would have two home matches + they are imo the best team here I believe they will qualify. Norway vs Serbia seems to be the 'true final' for me. Neither Scotland not Israel will challenge them

Guess: :no:. Winners will join England in group C

Path D
Kosovo is the best squad but they also got the unluckiest draw. Macedonia is decent (became 3rd in the qualification group) they might beat Kosovo on home ground ... but I will go with my guts and bet on Kosovo here

Georgia is a safe finalist for me, they should definitely beat Belarus. Georgia looked great at home lately, drawing with Denmark and Ireland, even dominated the latter. I think they might beat Kosovo by 1:0 or something

Guess: :ge: , even though I would not like this at all. No offense against Georgia but I would love to see Kosovo in the Euro, they are having nice players and most attractive playing style among the teams here but I just think it will be extremly tight.

Georgia would join the group of Netherlands and Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom