Contact us

Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

heke1988

Match will continue 20:30 CET , because both teams wanted it.

Charly

Kudos to the players who are willing to continue and finish after this traumatic experience!

heke1988

Well I am happy for Finland to doing first goal for the first time in European Championship situation, but I am kind of sad for Denmark about Eriksen situation. Draw would be justified end result.

mauve

Veteran
Mauve you don't have to be depressed. When you're down in the dumps, come here to the forum. You will find many friends who love you.
I am not in a real depression, but everytime the ESC is over, it feels strange, even though I have enough other things to do. ;)

I hope that Eriksen is doing better. Being conscious again doesn't mean that everything is fine. Since he had to be reanimated, he will need much time to recover. Much love to him and his family.

Charly

The sportmanship of the fans by Finalnd and Denmark was fantastic and a true great sight to see despite the sad times. Denmark was over powering Finland before the collapse but even though they made the decision to resume and finish it was clear the mental state had impacted Denmark heavily including the mistake by Schmeichel that led to Finland's goal.

Hradecký truly deserves Man of the Match for the amount of saves forwhich kept Finland underdog Euro's hopes alive but truly unlucky for Denmark a real darkhorse contender.

JamieBrown

I'm glad the medics could reanimate him and he's stable at least, yet I think this photo should not exist, so please be so kind and take it down. We have a situation of officials trying to save the privacy of a man in unhealthy circumstances and some ass-hole gold digger photograph only thought of taking the shot of his life and in a moment of inhumanity totally disrespecting the situation and Christian Eriksen. It is a disgrace

JamieBrown

On the esc twitter. The car was just a funny photo I saw. :lol:

E3rppngXoAkWjMK

Even if DJ Bobo claims that vampires are alive, I fear that he never showed enough speed to be a good wing-backer. He should swap positions with Celine Dion I guess :D

AlekS

Veteran
I'm glad the medics could reanimate him and he's stable at least, yet I think this photo should not exist, so please be so kind and take it down. We have a situation of officials trying to save the privacy of a man in unhealthy circumstances and some ass-hole gold digger photograph only thought of taking the shot of his life and in a moment of inhumanity totally disrespecting the situation and Christian Eriksen. It is a disgrace
The whole planet has already seen him fainting, and it could have been omitted from the live broadcast by producers, since "live" is being broadcast with a delay. There is no privacy in such public place like a stadium (except administrative areas, restrooms etc.), and photographers/cameramen have a right to take pictures of whatever they want. Of you, me or anyone else. Eurosport and other sport channels always show injured sportsmen, unconscious people being taken away by helicopters etc. Photogs working during emergency situations do the same thing. So kudos to all journos and photogs at the place!

Last edited:

JamieBrown

There is no privacy in such public place like a stadium, and photographers/cameramen have a right to take pictures of whatever they want. Of you, me or anyone else. Eurosport and other sport channels always show injured sportsmen, people without conscious being taken away by helicopters etc. Photogs working during emergency situations do the same thing. So kudos to all journos and photogs at the place!

Being right isn't always appropriate. If you see people trying to hide a helpless man on the ground, why you want to be the asshole taking the peek? You drive towards a car crash? You ride on! You see a person collaps in public? The only reason to take your phone is to call a medic!

Taking photos during emergency situations CAN hinder people trying to actually help. Not in this case, but I just mention it, since you call it like it would be smth life-saving. Is there any reason, why this picture of Christian Eriksen should exist? We have the words of the people who actually know about the actual circumstances of him, so we don't need any evidence if that might be true. This image is only sensational, selfish, money-making, impious and unnecessary.

Charly

Being right isn't always appropriate. If you see people trying to hide a helpless man on the ground, why you want to be the asshole taking the peek? You drive towards a car crash? You ride on! You see a person collaps in public? The only reason to take your phone is to call a medic!

Taking photos during emergency situations CAN hinder people trying to actually help. Not in this case, but I just mention it, since you call it like it would be smth life-saving. Is there any reason, why this picture of Christian Eriksen should exist? We have the words of the people who actually know about the actual circumstances of him, so we don't need any evidence if that might be true. This image is only sensational, selfish, money-making, impious and unnecessary.

I dont think theres any money making involved here but it shows the hard work that the medical staff did to revive and that the Danish hero is alive that can help with fans who were distressed with a moment of relief that their hero is alive. Cannot forget being a major public figure it is bound to happen compared to a random civilian in a car crash or collapsing. This is even ruled and acknolwedged by the courts!

AlekS

Veteran
Not in this case...
tumblr_n0sz1m9Rwn1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

I see no people trying to hide him on that picture, nor him laying on the ground :unsure:
ps. If people wish him well and want to find that he's getting better then be it. It brings only positivity. You making him Princess Diana #2 is one hell of overreaction :lol:

@Charly I second every word xcheers

JamieBrown

It brings only positivity.

giphy.gif

Nothing more to say. I kindly asked you to take it down. You're thinking like a lawyer, not like a man. It's done. Tell me where I can find you the next time you go to a doctor, so I can take a pic of you on your way

And for the records, this is what players, staff and co have done while Christian Eriksen was exposed to the world

Christian-Eriksen_CNNPH.jpg

ORIQ37Y7V5AG5HRQZEPF4CIFIA.jpg

mauve

Veteran
I agree witrh @JamieBrown here. There was not need to take a picture in such a situation. But many people, and reporters (I know that this is their job, but a little sympathy wouldn't hurt in such a life-saving situation) are looking for sensations. I don't know how long the reanimation really took, but Christian's brain might have taken injury. And I know what it means as my mom had three reanimations within a few hours. But it seems that people forget about ethics when looking for sensations. We don't know yet how serious it was yesterday and if Chriatian can return to play soccer at all.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The first match in Bucharest is happening tonight (🇦🇹 v. 🇲🇰) at National Arena. There's been a rainstorm every day in the past week and today will be no exception, however UEFA decided to not close the retractable roof. This is how it looked yesterday and it will probably be today as well lmao:

image-2021-06-12-24856063-41-piscina-arena-nationala.jpg

Milos-BC

I wish Erikssen a prompt recovery. It is very questionable if he will be able to resume his career after this but staying alive is the most important thing. Can't really comment much about the game after this horrific scenery, but :fi: has a shot of passing the group stage now.

As for the other two matches, I predicted the outcomes. :wale: - :ch: smelled like a tie because none of the teams wanted to risk much in the first game. As for :be: - :ru: , :be: won as expected, but I didn't expect them to win so easily for the third time against the same opponent. Anyway, :be: is a strong contender for the top.

Today, I am rooting for our ex-yu neighbors and :ua: .

AlekS

Veteran
Nothing more to say. I kindly asked you to take it down. You're thinking like a lawyer, not like a man. It's done. Tell me where I can find you the next time you go to a doctor, so I can take a pic of you on your way

And for the records, this is what players, staff and co have done while Christian Eriksen was exposed to the world

Christian-Eriksen_CNNPH.jpg

ORIQ37Y7V5AG5HRQZEPF4CIFIA.jpg

I don't mind my pictures being taken by somebody else, it won't hurt anyone :)
Actually it's only you who act like a hypocrite lawyer, ordering others to take down a footage. You've just posted much worse pictures yourself (of him without consciousness, when nobody knew if he was alive) o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom