8 5.0%

7 4.4%

7 4.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

laululind

I wouldn't have minded at all if Stefan entered Eesti Laul 2023 with that song. (y) I can see why he wouldn't want to tho', straight after winning. Would have had people complaining about him being desperate and back already etc. Not sure he would have won twice in a row anyway, but it would have a made a fun addition to the lineup. :D Well, little over a week to go until we get to hear what songs we did get!

Franzilein

I think he could apply with three minutes of fart noises and would still qualify. My man just radiates charisma.

laululind

ERR certainly has a bit of a leak problem. :LOL: Been a while since we had a year without any (if not all) songs mysteriously popping up early. Not that I mind a sneak preview I guess, but it's kind of silly they keep springing leaks everywhere. :LOL: Wonder if it's only 5 songs this year or if we'll get the rest tomorrow morning or something. Well, I might abstain from spoilers and wait for evening with full versions & videos if that happens. But I did check out these 5. :sneaky:

Andreas - pretty nice! Not the most unique boy ballad ever, but has a good melody. Probably not a winner but could certainly make the final if performed well, a la Karl Killing 2021.
Inger - Rather generic dancey song, but I like it better than her two previous entries. Not as twee. :LOL: Could get lost in the mix and struggle to qualify tho' since it's not overly outstanding.
Ellip - Not really my style of music, but I don't hate it. Don't see our televoters going for this, but jury might love it.
Merlyn - Well, it's certainly interesting. :LOL: I like some parts of it, but it's kind of messy & the chorus/drop is slightly underwhelming. If she can pull it off live, televoters might like it for the novelty value, don't see it being a jury fave tho'.
Meelik - A bit disappointing. Definitely more "Balance of water and stone" than "Oblivion". Don't hate it but was hoping for more. Another one for the juries to save.

Overall not a bad bunch tho'. :D Looking forward to hearing all the rest tomorrow!

njdevils94

Veteran
Quite nice tbh
Tomorrow Alika - Bridges will be released. The hype is building. She says she put a lot of time and energy into it. xheat

laululind

Well, I thought I'd ignore any further spoilers, but then I figured.. what the heck. Might as well spread them out a little so I'm not overwhelmed with 20 new songs at once. :LOL:

Anett x Fredi - I figured this wouldn't really be my cup of tea, and I was correct. People who liked their last Eesti Laul song will probably like this, and juries will eat it up I'm sure.
Sissi - Positive surprise, definitely prefer it to her last 2 EL entries. Quite a nice ballad. Can certainly see her in the final, if she managed it last 2 times with IMO weaker songs.
Robin Juhkental - Another one that's not my jam. I liked Siren, not so much his other EL entries.. this joins the latter pile. I suspect juries will have to work hard to save this from the bottom of the semi.
Bedwetters - Pretty cool! (y) Always nice to have a rock song in the mix, and this is above average IMO. Has a nice melody, but a bit of a heavier edge too. If they're good live, and other potential rock songs we've yet to hear don't steal their thunder, I can certainly see them in the final. Our televoters do appreciate some rock every now and then.

Looking forward to hearing the rest! :D Shall keep my expectations in check, but certainly very curious about Alika & Elysa. Is this going to be the year of an all-female superfinal? I could see Sissi, Alika & Elysa all making it there.. if the latter two have decent songs anyway. :LOL: If they disappoint tho', it'll be an interesting situation! Not many big names, potential surprises to be had.

Top Bottom