8 5.0%

7 4.4%

7 4.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

aef

I really hope that from the 2 big favourites Ollie will win this and not Alika. Alika's song still is so underwhelming somehow, I just don't want :ee: to compete with his. I mean the song has go a decent quality but hey :ee: you're cooler than this!

MopManMoss

Veteran
I really hope that from the 2 big favourites Ollie will win this and not Alika. Alika's song still is so underwhelming somehow, I just don't want :ee: to compete with his. I mean the song has go a decent quality but hey :ee: you're cooler than this!
You say this like Venom is anything more than an angsty mid 2000s nickleback song

aef

You say this like Venom is anything more than an angsty mid 2000s nickleback song
Hahah well true that and usually I'm no rock person but I still prefer it over Alika. But hey, I'm open for a surprise winner too.

Luneaux

If Venom is this year's Estonian entry: I promise to vote for Estonia in May! To me this type of "angsty mid 2000s Nickelback" song bites hard! Venom is on fire! xheat

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Hahah well true that and usually I'm no rock person but I still prefer it over Alika. But hey, I'm open for a surprise winner too.
(not being a rock person is exactly why venom speaks to you, but don't tell the other venom fans :p)

But yes, all for a surprise winner slay as well. When M Els comes top five in Liverpool to the consternation of everyone. :love:

njdevils94

Veteran
Thankfully Miss Milova has the russian-speaking vote on lock. If she gets all the housewives too I think she's got it in the bag.

lasse braun

a rare lasse upgrade! - same level or even better than that french chanson 2 years ago.

ALIKA – Bridges 9,5/10 xrose

henhu

At this point anybody else than Alika would be a shock winner. Ollie is great and would be a deserving winner but I think Alika will get like 80% in superfinal.

laululind

At this point anybody else than Alika would be a shock winner. Ollie is great and would be a deserving winner but I think Alika will get like 80% in superfinal.

I don't know if it'll be that much of a landslide, I can see Ollie putting up a better fight than that.. but it does feel like she's the one to beat. :LOL: At least the odds aren't giving anyone else much of a chance. Not that they've always been correct.. but in the cases they've been wrong (Uku in 2020, Verona in 2017), you could tell the local opinion didn't quite agree with the odds. Right now, the two seem to align pretty well. Whether that means a landslide or not, I suppose we'll see. :D

I guess I'm in a reasonably good position of being pretty pleased with almost every song that could win. :giggle: I obviously prefer some more than others, but unless MIA pulls off a shock victory, I don't see myself disliking the winner at least. :LOL: I could even live with Meelik or Anett, tho' they certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Realistically tho', it'll be Alika or Ollie. Sissi, Janek and Bedwetters could stand a chance, but Alika and Ollie kind of steal their thunder. Of the two main competitors, I prefer Venom as a studio song but Bridges as a live performance. Both have their strengths and weaknesses and things that could be improved by May if they win. :giggle: Ollie would probably be the safer option for the semi, but Alika would probably do better with the juries in the final. There are several ballads potentially waiting to be picked, so she could have pretty strong competition! Then again, there could be more rock songs showing up too, we've hardly heard all the (potential) entries. At this point, who knows what the final lineup will look like in May. :LOL: In any case, we'll have to wait and see what happens come February 11th! If Alika does landslide, I guess our televoters have spoken and we'll just have to hope she can stand out amongst the other ballads and appeal to enough people to make the final at least. :giggle:

frankenstein123

I'm surprised how certain Alika's victory seems to be if you look at the odds or read some of the comments here. She has a big following, sure, but everyone I know is going to vote for Ollie, most of the comments on Estonian social media are about him and at this point I'd give them both 50/50 chances in the superfinal.

lasse braun

but everyone I know is going to vote for Ollie, most of the comments on Estonian social media are about him
estonia is special - maybe a lot of talking about ollie because he is a good looking male - not unimportant in estonia last years (check the winners) - option 2:estonian people are big fans of bryan adams & nickleback.
xcookie

mauve

Veteran
I hope that Estonia will surprise us and vote Ollie. Alika's song is not bad, but somehow boring. And Estonia had too many ballads already. Take a rock song. Take Ollie. xqueenbitch

laululind

I find the amount of likes on FB posts and such to be a pretty decent indication on what the 'silent majority' of our televoters are thinking. :LOL: At least in previous years it's been rather accurate, more so than comments or single opinions. On Delfi facebook page, in SF1 both Ollie and Bedwetters got around 500 likes after performing, with Janek in third place with 350 or so. In SF2, Alika got 1.8K likes. :LOL: Sissi in second place with 750 or so. One does need to take into account that semi 2 had more viewers, so had Ollie been in that semi, I expect he'd also be closer to a thousand or so. But still, Alika has a pretty big lead in this particular metric. :unsure: Of course it's not exactly some infallible form of science so.. it wouldn't shock me if Ollie managed to win in the end after all. :giggle: But as it stands, I'm thinking Alika might have the edge. We'll see how things play out in a couple of weeks! I don't think Ollie fans need to lose all hope just yet, but I'd be prepared for a disappointment, just in case. :LOL:

Top Bottom