7 4.4%

7 4.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

njdevils94

Veteran
Sissi is the first name to be revealed as part of Eesti Laul 2023 line up. The rest of the names will be revealed tomorrow and wednesday.

elanyvx

first 10 semifinalists:

Sissi - "Lighthouse"
Wiiralt & Ultima Thule - "Salalik"
Carlos Ukareda - "Whiskey won't forget"
Alika Milova - "Bridges"
Janek - "House of Glass"
Ellip - "Pretty Girl"
kaw - "Valik"
Andreas - "Why do you love me"
Meelik - "Tuju"
Elysa - "Bad Philosophy"

laululind

I believe Iiris lives & studies in the UK right now & does her band stuff, probably too much effort to bother with Eesti Laul from all the way over there. :unsure:

From the first batch of names, Alika & Elysa seem like the biggest contenders. :) If Alika brings her A-game and a song that impresses people, she could easily have it in the bag. But one can never count out Stig Rästa. :LOL: Sissi will probably do OK, but unless she's upped her song game, I'm not expecting her to be a contender. The rest I don't really know what to expect from. Hope we'll get some nice surprises & hidden gems! :) But there will probably be some generic filler too. :LOL: We'll see if tomorrow brings any more big or interesting names! :D

randajad

Veteran
first 10 semifinalists:

Sissi - "Lighthouse"
Wiiralt & Ultima Thule - "Salalik"
Carlos Ukareda - "Whiskey won't forget"
Alika Milova - "Bridges"
Janek - "House of Glass"
Ellip - "Pretty Girl"
kaw - "Valik"
Andreas - "Why do you love me"
Meelik - "Tuju"
Elysa - "Bad Philosophy"
Is Andreas the Andreas from that Pur Mudd collab?

outsynk

This year's list looks REALLY weak sigh. I guess Alika is almost guaranteed to win with Netherlands 2019 and Switzerland 2021 songwriter behind her. The juror who was asked to comment on the song almost burst into tears when talking about it lol.

Looren

Veteran
  • m els – “So Good At What You Do”
  • Robin Juhkental – “Kurbuse matused” (Funeral of sorrow)
  • Neon Letters & Maiko – “Tokimeki” (Palpitation)
  • Bedwetters – “Monsters”
  • Anett x Fredi – “You Need to Move On”
  • OLLIE – “Venom”
  • Linalakk & Bonzo – “Aeg” (Time)
  • MERLYN – “Unicorn Vibes”
  • MIA – “Üks samm korraga” (One step at a time)
  • Inger – “Awaiting You”
SF2

All are no names to me xD

DanielLuis

Uuh very excited to see what Anett x Fredi are bringing this time around. "Write about me" was pure quality.

laululind

Hmm, thought they'd have another big name or two lined up for today, but seems this year is much more low-key in this regard. :unsure: Last year we had a whole slew of returning winners and stars. :LOL: On one hand it's nice to have fresh faces and new names, and the variety of genres might be pretty good this year. :) Got several rock songs, jazz, rap, indie and whatnot. Even a song in japanese! :LOL: On the other tho', there might be a lack of strong pop and contenders. Most of those more niche songs don't tend to be in the running when it comes to victory. :unsure: Going by names alone, Alika and Elysa in the superfinal, with the third one being Sissi/Inger.. or some jury favorite indie song, Like Anett or Bonzo. But who knows, there could be some unknown name who has a really great entry and turns out to be a black horse! Certainly looking forward to hearing them all, even if there's little in the way of star power this time around. :D Too bad we have a whole month to wait!

DanielLuis

I really like how the line-up is dominated by newcomers. The previous few editions of EL were saturated by returning artists with subpar songs and unfortunately it's pretty evident every year that they start with quite an advantagen when it comes to the televotes.
Hopefully the field will be way more open this year.

randajad

Veteran
OMG THE MTV EMA Award winning band Badwetters xheat :lol: I am mostly excited for Anett, but also for Robin. He can be hit or miss tho. Interesting lineup, it is more promising than last year honestly since it was the lowest low in a while.

ollibox

• m els – “So Good At What You Do”
  • Robin Juhkental – “Kurbuse matused” (Funeral of sorrow)
  • Neon Letters & Maiko – “Tokimeki” (Palpitation)
  • Bedwetters – “Monsters”
  • Anett x Fredi – “You Need to Move On”
  • OLLIE – “Venom”
  • Linalakk & Bonzo – “Aeg” (Time)
  • MERLYN – “Unicorn Vibes”
  • MIA – “Üks samm korraga” (One step at a time)
  • Inger – “Awaiting You”
SF2

All are no names to me xD
Well, big part of these 20 qualifiers are no-names to Estonians as well :D So the competition promises to be interesting... (or - totally not :LOL:). Let's wait and see. Too early to praise or doom EL2023 xcoffee

Top Bottom