8 5.0%

7 4.4%

7 4.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

ollibox

To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of Bridges but I really liked the live (aside from the style, which looks like she's been pulled from a river).
HAAAH!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's exactly what I said to my co-watchers when we saw that.:LOL:
Otherwise, the performance was ofc great, but her styling for the stage...:rolleyes: Idk...

laululind

Well, styling and staging and all that can be changed and improved by May, whoever wins. :giggle: If Alika does win, I wonder what they'd do with the staging. I quite like the self-playing piano idea, more interesting than just having her sit behind the piano for half the song or something.. but I'm unsure ERR would have the budget to bring that kind of thing on Eurovision stage. :LOL: Would probably cost a fortune having that lugged around! But yeah, we'll see what changes we get in the EL final first! And who actually ends up winning in the end. :giggle: Then they have another few months to work on the actual ESC staging.. and hopefully not mess it up. :LOL: Both Alika and Ollie could work OK on ESC stage as they are right now, tho' improvements with lighting and stuff can always be made. Wonder if we get LED screens in EL final or not. :unsure:

simori95

I don’t get the complaints about the Styling. Alika sings about bridges, Styling her like she fell off one fits perfectly.

simori95

BorisBubbles

Veteran
HAAAH!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's exactly what I said to my co-watchers when we saw that.:LOL:
Otherwise, the performance was ofc great, but her styling for the stage...:rolleyes: Idk...
The real weakness of Bridges is that the ending feels a bit rushed. Like, the build up is good but the climax is a bit too short, if that makes sense?

But yes, the wet hair look just........ never looks good, ever? Especially with that kind of song? Why do people go for this (and britney mics and indoor sunglasses) i will never understand.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
i hate the britney mics and i refuse to associate kate bush with anything i dislike.

except for wuthering heights, ofc.

martin

For me Alika song is good and i think Estonia will do well with her, but Ollie is WOW for me. First time i heard it. I was blow away and is probably could easy be my number 1 this year. Also like the monters pretty much and some other songs is also good.

Estonia is always good and people from Estonia should be proud that you always had good national final

rasmuslights

Veteran
Alika definitely taking this. I think she'll qualify in May, especially from the weak semi. Won't do much in the final tho I fear :/ Around 16th place?

laululind

I can see juries rating her pretty high in the final, if she gets there. :unsure: Of course if televote support is low, it'll be a mid-table result in the end anyway. :LOL: But for us, that would still be a decent position, I wouldn't complain. :giggle: I could potentially see her make lower top 10 if juries really like her, or televote support is bigger than expected. Who knows what the televoters would make of her tho'. I could see it going any which way really, from bottom 5 in the semi to top 10 in the final. :LOL: Very hard to predict. In any case, less than a week to go until Eesti Laul final! xcheer Let's find our first if she gets the ticket or not. I suspect she will, but you never know. Wonder if we'll get international juries again. :unsure: Alika probably doesn't need to worry about that.. even if she doesn't win the jury vote (I could see Anett or Sissi doing that instead, especially if we get random American jury members), she's probably not going to be out of their top 5. It'll be interesting to see what they rate Ollie and Bedwetters tho'. Hope we get some rehearsal pics next week too! :giggle: Will be interesting to see what, if anything, all the acts have changed.

laululind

The fact it's mostly just Ollie getting more votes at this point makes me a little suspicious, considering how far behind he was initially. :LOL: Could be a case of rock fans spamming votes after everyone else has voted once and moved on, but who knows. I suppose we'll see come Saturday. :giggle: Will it be a close run or a landslide, will the ballad lovers win out or rock fans, will anyone else stand a chance (probably not). :LOL: Bring it on!

Alika would be the riskier option, with more chance for totally flopping in the semi but also higher chance of making top 10 in the final. :unsure: Ollie would probably qualify easier, but I suspect he could fade away in the final. Doesn't strike me as the kind of song juries will rate too highly, and if Finland picks Käärijä, Ollie will look tame and boring by comparison. :( But well, even getting to the final would still be a good result for us! :giggle: In any case, we shall have to see what happens on Saturday first! Ollie vs Alika, battle for the ages! :LOL: Can't say the results will be terrible either way, both are pretty good options. :D I wish Bedwetters was also in the running, but alas.

Top Bottom