8 5.0%

7 4.4%

7 4.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

ollibox

I'm surprised how certain Alika's victory seems to be if you look at the odds or read some of the comments here. She has a big following, sure, but everyone I know is going to vote for Ollie, most of the comments on Estonian social media are about him and at this point I'd give them both 50/50 chances in the superfinal.
Exactly! At least all the people I know, who are even mildly interested of all that Eesti Laul and Eurovision stuff, Venom would be their pick. And that says a lot to me. It means, that an average, not very committed Eesti Laul (or ESC) viewer could also choose Ollie. I think this time, the odds are not projecting the real winner.
And one more thing - Ollie's song has doubled the viewers in YT in little time. Alika, not so much (comparing only official releases at this point). That also gives me some more hope, that Ollie could take it! :giggle:

ollibox

estonia is special - maybe a lot of talking about ollie because he is a good looking male - not unimportant in estonia last years (check the winners) - option 2:estonian people are big fans of bryan adams & nickleback.
xcookie
I'd put it like that - we're fans of getting to the ESC final and not be in the bottom half of that :LOL:
Regarding the looks - personally, don't care about that, ABSOLUTELY not! If the girl (or a guy, or a group) can SING and the song is GOOD, then...They could even look like LORDI, as far as I'm concerned :ROFLMAO:
And the comparison of Ollie and Nickelback, Limp Bizkit or whoever is absolutely irrelevant imo. Most of the people watching ESC could not even draw these lines between them! And if they do, it only means they once liked Nickelback or Limp Bizkit and will probably vote for Ollie anyway. Can't see a chance of losing with Venom, that's what I wanted to say.
PS! I don't think we chose Uku multiple times solely because of his looks.

njdevils94

Veteran
I'm surprised how certain Alika's victory seems to be if you look at the odds or read some of the comments here. She has a big following, sure, but everyone I know is going to vote for Ollie, most of the comments on Estonian social media are about him and at this point I'd give them both 50/50 chances in the superfinal.
Housewives in Ida-Viru county don't always tend to be on social media but they vote en masse in the final. Their choice are basically Janek or Alika going on what they tend to vote for.

Also Alika is adding more stuff for the final. She mentioned it on instagram.

ollibox

I hope that Estonia will surprise us and vote Ollie. Alika's song is not bad, but somehow boring. And Estonia had too many ballads already. Take a rock song. Take Ollie. xqueenbitch
My thought exactly! Let's do it this way this year and hear the criticism after.
Anyway, Alika WILL be back in the future and with even better entries than this. Her phenomenal stage appearance will not go anywhere in mean time. On the other hand, I'm quite doubtful that Ollie (or Bedwetters) could surprise us the same way next year.
And YES, I've said it - for me there's only Ollie or Alika (maybe Bedwetters if Ollie fails). Sissi or Janek could not come close to them. And the other finalists, although I love some of them quite a lot, can't make sufficient impact @ESC.

laululind

Don't have too many personal 'data points' yet at the moment, but my dad is definitely team Alika. Mom liked Alika and Bedwetters. Neither made much mention of Ollie. :LOL: But two people are hardly a big source of info. :giggle: I could actually see this being a generational thing, with young people going more for Ollie and older people liking Alika more. Older people probably have more money to spend on voting tho'. :LOL: I remember us fans also talking about how everyone liked Jaagup more in 2020 and was going to vote for him, but in the end, Uku still ran away with it. :unsure: At least Alika winning over Ollie won't be that much of a travesty. :LOL: Even if Venom would be the more interesting song to send, Bridges is still nice enough and could stand a chance to do decently. :giggle: But we'll have to wait and see! With bigger stage and more viewers tuning in, nothing is set in stone yet. :giggle: It ain't over 'til it's over, as they say.

ollibox

I am counting Switzerland 2005 for Estonian rock having been to eurovision
GOOD knowledge! Hats down and bow to the ground :giggle: I almost didn't remember that until you mentioned. But yes, if we got stuck in the semi under our own flag this year, Vanilla Ninja was our hope to root for :D

ollibox

Don't have too many personal 'data points' yet at the moment, but my dad is definitely team Alika. Mom liked Alika and Bedwetters. Neither made much mention of Ollie. :LOL: But two people are hardly a big source of info. :giggle: I could actually see this being a generational thing, with young people going more for Ollie and older people liking Alika more. Older people probably have more money to spend on voting tho'. :LOL: I remember us fans also talking about how everyone liked Jaagup more in 2020 and was going to vote for him, but in the end, Uku still ran away with it. :unsure: At least Alika winning over Ollie won't be that much of a travesty. :LOL: Even if Venom would be the more interesting song to send, Bridges is still nice enough and could stand a chance to do decently. :giggle: But we'll have to wait and see! With bigger stage and more viewers tuning in, nothing is set in stone yet. :giggle: It ain't over 'til it's over, as they say.
Wise words! It ain't over til it's over :giggle:
Don't mind if Alika wins, not at all. Hope that the armies of them both decide in televote :sneaky:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I haven't paid huge attention (basically none) to Eesti Laul, but listening to Alika I really don't get how it's even a fave. Tbh it's just a generic shouty Eurovision ballad, and not a memorable one at that. I already know without listening to the rest of the final that Estonia can pick better than her song. I can't imagine her being all that competitive in a televote only semi at Eurovision, unless the semi turns out to be tragic. I'll try to listen to the rest of the final at some point because there is usually a couple of songs I enjoy in there. Alika isn't one of them.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Alika won Estonian Idol and is very well-liked by the Estonians. There's your reasoning.

To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of Bridges but I really liked the live (aside from the style, which looks like she's been pulled from a river). She really does get the emotion across. I think she's the one to beat, across the small sample of live performances across all NFs that we've heard so far.

Codeword Iroquois

Bridges is a good song, but it's both not my a) favorite song I've heard by Alika and b) not my favorite song from East Laul this year. Wouldn't mind if it won, but it feels kinda like a copout from more interesting possibilities.

jatojo

Most of Alika's song is nice, but that "of briiiiiiidgeeees" part is probably the most annoying part of any NF song so far this year. So that ruins it for me, totally.

Top Bottom