For all the people great and small
Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
... Actually I belong to this group, Estonia no way has need and/or material for 40 songs selection.

Top 10 Anime Plot Twists!

njdevils94

Veteran
Quite a lot of info. You can see it all here but here are the main points.

The song contest has four stages: the pre-audition, four quarter-finals from 20 November to 11 December 2021, two semi-finals (on 3 February and 5 February 2022) and a grand finale (on 12 February 2022)

Submission period: 2 September 2021 to 20 October 2021 (until 12.00).

An equal number of Estonian and foreign language/multilingual songs will be selected for the quarter-finals.

20 (twenty) songs will be selected from the quarter-finals to the semi-finals: 5 (five) songs will be selected from each quarter-final, of which 3 (three) songs will be selected by the viewers live by telephone and 2 (two) songs will be selected by the jury.

The songs selected from the preliminary round to the quarter-finals will be announced by ERR in the quarter-finals between 20 November to 11 December 2021. 10 (ten) songs will compete in each quarter-final based on music videos. The order in which the songs are performed is determined by the ERR.

AlekS

Veteran
Quarterfinals is basically an extended version of Ringvaade, with the voting.
It's a song presentation with a focus on songs, while the semis will focus on live performances, because we know the difference between videos & live can be disastrous drastic.
In theory it's a better selection method than last year (yes it's tiring, but more songs to choose from means less good songs will be butchered by the broadcaster in the preselection). On practice I hope the jury & "fan clubs" won't f--k it up.

wtf

Sven Lõhmus seems to be back from his hibernation. They'll probably send something to Eesti Laul too.

lasse braun

Eesti Laul 2021 has already felt like torture.
come on - when i stay in 2021,denmark was a massacre of torture.:mrgreen:
i have no problems with 40 songs,if they going in many music style directions.
eesti laul 2021 and the years before gave us a lot of different musicstyles and it is fine - look the small country estonia,they can offer 40! songs and my country oh no,oh no i give up.:lol:

Looren

Veteran
"7 singers who have sent their songs have represented Estonia on Eurovision"

Interesting information, I wonder how many of them will be in

AlekS

Veteran
^ My guess would be: Jüri Pootsmann, Koit Toome, Tanja, Laura, Suured tüdrukud, Sandra Nurmsalu, Stig Rästa (Traffic).
Maybe Victor Crone instead of Sandra.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Loving how Estonia saw Lithuanias 97 week extravaganza and thought "imma need some of that". 40 songs for a country the size of Estonia seems way excessive, especially if they intend to keep quality. Id rather have a 6 - 10 song NF that is strong as hell instead of a 40 song NF where some will clearly be dish cloths. Who knows though, maybe they will surprise us all with 40 super hot songs.

njdevils94

Veteran
Loving how Estonia saw Lithuanias 97 week extravaganza and thought "imma need some of that". 40 songs for a country the size of Estonia seems way excessive, especially if they intend to keep quality. Id rather have a 6 - 10 song NF that is strong as hell instead of a 40 song NF where some will clearly be dish cloths. Who knows though, maybe they will surprise us all with 40 super hot songs.
Lithuania's selection was only 7 weeks a couple years back. That's one more week than Melfest plenty of forumers get a hard on over. To me this move was made by Rahula and ETV to have more genres and less English songs because we were getting less and less Estonian language songs in the last few years. Do I trust the Estonian public to vote for those? Not really but it's worth a try at least.

hunty73

Any idea when we will get the 40 artists/songs?.EL has lost its way the last few years for me ,one of the best ESC countries,so hope this year shows them back on track.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom