For all the people great and small
Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

Mrm

Veteran
Ott Lapland - "Aovalguses" YAAAAAAS! xyaaay xyaaay This is AMAZING! What a quality! THIS MUST WIN!! xlove xheart

Iker

Veteran
Have you heard that Sandra Nurmsalu is an anti-vaxxer? So lame, she lost some of my respect.

Last edited:
  • Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm
I have listened to Stig Rästa, the Boamadu and Evelin Samuel and, for the moment, I will give my impression on these singers:

Stig Rästa has an "ESC Style" sound. Listening to him I feel the same sensations that I experienced last year with Uku's "The Lucky One". It is a song that I would like to listen on the radio, overall it is better than that of Boamadu and Samuel but ... it tends to get lost. Right now that I'm writing I have almost completely forgotten everything about that song. Furthermore, Stig is a "piece of wood" (he has already remembered to breathe for a long time). Probably, all the faults that Uku has made to forgive with the beauty of him, will not be forgiven to Stig.

Boamadu, for me, would destroy I.M.P. in a "Rock Battle"... The song is beautiful, perfectly balanced and has a powerful sound. Only problem, is following Måneskin's Rock road the right thing? At the ESC there is a risk that other nations will also bring the Rock.

Listening to Evelin Samuel and his "Waterfall" I wondered "Where did Anni-Frid go?". I thought I was listening to a song "ABBA 2022". Don't think badly of my words, I appreciated "Waterfall" and, even if initially we may be inclined to underestimate it, it is a song that stays in the mind. However, would "Waterfall" hold its own against other ballads at the ESC?

If I had to choose between these three singers I would say ... the Boamadu.

The next few days I will listen to the other songs as well.

Iker

Veteran
Ooh kinda excited to see what Elisa Kolk will bring then. "Superlove" was basic/dated af but I couldn't help but to love the ott drama of both the song and the staging.
I have just checked "Superlove" (I certainly did not follow ESC national selection in Estonia back then ...) and I did not find any OTT drama in anything. But basic / dated yeah, I agree. I would also add anodyne. The vocals of Elisa are adorable though.

DanielLuis

I have just checked "Superlove" (I certainly did not follow ESC national selection in Estonia back then ...) and I did not find any OTT drama in anything. But basic / dated yeah, I agree. I would also add anodyne. The vocals of Elisa are adorable though.
Her flying into the stage was pretty over the top in my book :lol:
But yeah, her vocals are really pretty actually

mauve

Veteran
I have listened to Stig Rästa, the Boamadu and Evelin Samuel and, for the moment, I will give my impression on these singers:

Stig Rästa has an "ESC Style" sound. Listening to him I feel the same sensations that I experienced last year with Uku's "The Lucky One". It is a song that I would like to listen on the radio, overall it is better than that of Boamadu and Samuel but ... it tends to get lost. Right now that I'm writing I have almost completely forgotten everything about that song. Furthermore, Stig is a "piece of wood" (he has already remembered to breathe for a long time). Probably, all the faults that Uku has made to forgive with the beauty of him, will not be forgiven to Stig.

Boamadu, for me, would destroy I.M.P. in a "Rock Battle"... The song is beautiful, perfectly balanced and has a powerful sound. Only problem, is following Måneskin's Rock road the right thing? At the ESC there is a risk that other nations will also bring the Rock.

Listening to Evelin Samuel and his "Waterfall" I wondered "Where did Anni-Frid go?". I thought I was listening to a song "ABBA 2022". Don't think badly of my words, I appreciated "Waterfall" and, even if initially we may be inclined to underestimate it, it is a song that stays in the mind. However, would "Waterfall" hold its own against other ballads at the ESC?

If I had to choose between these three singers I would say ... the Boamadu.

The next few days I will listen to the other songs as well.
I agree on every single word you said! :D Stig's song reminded me of Uku as well. And I have the feeling that so far there are many rock songs coming ... but I haven't found a fantastic one yet, I have to admit. And as for "Waterfall", it will be killed by other ballads for sure.

Buongiorno eurofans! xdanceBefore going to work this morning, I listened to the songs of Maian, Jaagup Tuisk and Helen. Regarding Maian and Tuisk, I congratulate the jury who probably saved the two best songs from the first quarter finalxclap

MAIAN - MEELETU

Powerful sound that would make many eurofans dance (it made me dance too - I dance like Hitch (Will Smith) doing one step to the right and one to the left snapping my fingers :lol:). I liked it. But I have to make a clarification, from the first moment, listening to the notes and then the voice, I thought "Is this song really called Meeletu?" xthink Vocally speaking Maian gave me the impression of listening a way of singing and a sound already listened... but who and what? Elena Tasgkrinou and "El Diablo"! xdiabloxshock1: When I heard, if my ears did not deceive me, some Spanish words ... I had hit the mark! Obviously there are differences, Maian does not have the irreverence and seduction power of Elena and "Meeletu" only remotely recalls the sounds of "El Diablo". However, this is enough for me to say that it is not a very good choice for the ESC. "Meeletu" could also reach the final, the qualities are there, but ... is it able to place itself among the top 16 songs?

JAAGUP TUISK - KUI VAID:

During the first notes and the first lines of the song I felt like I was living in a Cinderella story xblushxlove Jaagup would make a great Disney prince! Then ... I was captivated by the boy's vocal technique, with an enveloping and nuanced sound! In part, only minimally during the climax of the song, he made me feel the same emotional load as Sergey Lazarev's "Scream". Thanks to the jury for not eliminating him xclapI must admit that if I had to choose now after listening the Boamadu, Helen, Maian, Helen and Stig ... I would send Tuisk to the ESCxyes

HELEN - VAATU MINU POOLE:

The song is good and I listened to it with pleasure and Helen is good but ... this is a song that I expect from Romania, Moldova or ... from the return of Liberakakis (although the Greek representative was much more "diva" and energetic on stage). When I write this I am not offending anyone, it is an observation xshrug This song, for me, would risk not entering the ESC final. It is the "weakest" of the 6 songs I have listened to.

CONCLUSION:

Tomorrow I will add my review on three more songs. I'm just scared of one thing ... when I come to review Ott I will have to be careful or I will suffer the fury of Mrm xangryxfaint I admit that I too wish, without listening his song, to see Ott at the ESC xup According to an urban legend, if Ott goes to the ESC "the pigs will fly"! Unmissable!xrofl

Greetings to dear Mrm and to all of you eurofans xheart

EDIT:

I recommend Estonia to have the ESC sing in Estonian. You have a pleasant language to listen to. I enjoyed your songs in Estonian more than in English.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
I listened to "Aovalguses" in full!
This ballad is literally EVERYTHING! xfaint
This MUST win 2022 Eesti Laul! xyes xbow
If not I will be extremely disappointed.. xcry
This is so for me in ESC!! xlove xheart

mauve

Veteran
Tomorrow I will add my review on three more songs. I'm just scared of one thing ... when I come to review Ott I will have to be careful or I will suffer the fury of Mrm xangryxfaint I admit that I too wish, without listening his song, to see Ott at the ESC xup According to an urban legend, if Ott goes to the ESC "the pigs will fly"! Unmissable!
Count me in if you talk about "fury" ... :whistle: No seriously, I hope that the song won't sound as basic as the short clip because his voice blows you away! :) I might see a flying pig when looking out of my window!

Looren

Veteran
I listened to "Aovalguses" in full!
This ballad is literally EVERYTHING! xfaint
This MUST win 2022 Eesti Laul! xyes xbow
If not I will be extremely disappointed.. xcry
This is so for me in ESC!! xlove xheart

It's a masterpiece, and knowing Ott the staging will be amazing if he makes it to the semis, he should win !!!!!

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It isn't available in my timeone but Quicksilver is out on spotify in some regions now.

I believe half of them are out by now #EestiLeaks

Ott Lepland - "Aovalguses". The word "Aovalguses" sounds like the name of cough medicine and listening to it gives the exact same aftertaste. A chemical powerballad to its core, tons of vocal flexing with zero interesting traits in the composition itself. Avoid at all costs.

Jessica - "My mom". Absolutely rancid. The score itself is fine (ie: boring)... but the lyrics are some next level cliché SHIT, focus on SHIT.. I feel my IQ dropping just thinking about it, NEXT.

Black Velvet - "Sandra". ESTONIAN NEW WAVE xheart xheart xheart xheart I can't wait to obsess over it once it NQ's.

Emily J - "Quicksilver". A lightweight pop vehicle reminiscent of "Don't stop now" by Dua Lipa. Suffers a bit from Weak Chorus Syndrome (and a lack of originality, but lol what do you expect from Rahula-Era EL?). Servicable but this selection has had better on offer.

mauve

Veteran

I wish I could be more ecstatic about the song, but it's rather basic unfortunately, even though I love his voice. But I am not certain if he will make it far with this song ... :( Or do I need more attempts to like the song ...?

Top Bottom