Contact us

Estonia ESTONIA 2022

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

GianlucaTomoe

All the Suntribe and Vanilla Ninja members to participate as solo singers xcheer

Mainshow

Veteran
Eesti Laul 2021 has already felt like torture.
Instead of increasing the amount of partipants, they should have reduced it, tbh. Can't believe there are 7 shows now to get a winner as bland as the last two Estonian entries whose titles I just forgot.

njdevils94

Lol. So today our head of delegation introduced changes to Eesti Laul 2022 and guess what.... instead of 20 or 24 songs, FOURTY songs will be selected for elimination... with 4 quarter-finals each with 10 songs, 5 of each quarter-final go to semi-finals and then there will also be final..... In QF public and jury will vote based on music video only, in semi and final live performances........

Joke on these people who have commented that there isnt enough quality for 24 so we should select like 10 or 20 haha (like wiwibloggs), I cant wait to see their triggered, weary faces again, although I doubt they will react to all of them... Actually I belong to this group, Estonia no way has need and/or material for 40 songs selection. More Redel and Viinerid like entries will probably come, and entries halfly done, lacking quality and/or serious attempt will join, that waste our time (sorry...). Ofc if somebody likes that change then good for them, but all I can say is bless us Estonians, bless all Eesti Laul and Eurovision fans that have to keep an eye on this... also bless our wallets because surely more money will be taken from us, with 7! different shows with the opportunity to vote in, and calculating different rounds we could vote in is higher mathematics... :) (although tomorrow all details will be revealed so maybe they change the rounds)
One of the smallest countries having the biggest selection, we love to see that! Even Lithuania has only 36 songs :)
Lithuania had 49 songs in the selection in 2017 and 50 in 2018. As I understand the quarterfinals is only studio version anyway.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
... Actually I belong to this group, Estonia no way has need and/or material for 40 songs selection.

Top 10 Anime Plot Twists!

njdevils94

Quite a lot of info. You can see it all here but here are the main points.

The song contest has four stages: the pre-audition, four quarter-finals from 20 November to 11 December 2021, two semi-finals (on 3 February and 5 February 2022) and a grand finale (on 12 February 2022)

Submission period: 2 September 2021 to 20 October 2021 (until 12.00).

An equal number of Estonian and foreign language/multilingual songs will be selected for the quarter-finals.

20 (twenty) songs will be selected from the quarter-finals to the semi-finals: 5 (five) songs will be selected from each quarter-final, of which 3 (three) songs will be selected by the viewers live by telephone and 2 (two) songs will be selected by the jury.

The songs selected from the preliminary round to the quarter-finals will be announced by ERR in the quarter-finals between 20 November to 11 December 2021. 10 (ten) songs will compete in each quarter-final based on music videos. The order in which the songs are performed is determined by the ERR.

AlekS

Veteran
Quarterfinals is basically an extended version of Ringvaade, with the voting.
It's a song presentation with a focus on songs, while the semis will focus on live performances, because we know the difference between videos & live can be disastrous drastic.
In theory it's a better selection method than last year (yes it's tiring, but more songs to choose from means less good songs will be butchered by the broadcaster in the preselection). On practice I hope the jury & "fan clubs" won't f--k it up.

wtf

Sven Lõhmus seems to be back from his hibernation. They'll probably send something to Eesti Laul too.

lasse braun

Eesti Laul 2021 has already felt like torture.
come on - when i stay in 2021,denmark was a massacre of torture.:mrgreen:
i have no problems with 40 songs,if they going in many music style directions.
eesti laul 2021 and the years before gave us a lot of different musicstyles and it is fine - look the small country estonia,they can offer 40! songs and my country oh no,oh no i give up.:lol:

randajad

Sven Lõhmus seems to be back from his hibernation. They'll probably send something to Eesti Laul too.

Something listenable hopefully xqueenbitch

Morocco2021

"7 singers who have sent their songs have represented Estonia on Eurovision"

Interesting information, I wonder how many of them will be in

AlekS

Veteran
^ My guess would be: Jüri Pootsmann, Koit Toome, Tanja, Laura, Suured tüdrukud, Sandra Nurmsalu, Stig Rästa (Traffic).
Maybe Victor Crone instead of Sandra.

randajad

^ My guess would be: Jüri Pootsmann, Koit Toome, Tanja, Laura, Suured tüdrukud, Sandra Nurmsalu, Stig Rästa (Traffic).
Maybe Victor Crone instead of Sandra.
Elina Born, Gerli Padar also came to my kind.

AshleyWright

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Loving how Estonia saw Lithuanias 97 week extravaganza and thought "imma need some of that". 40 songs for a country the size of Estonia seems way excessive, especially if they intend to keep quality. Id rather have a 6 - 10 song NF that is strong as hell instead of a 40 song NF where some will clearly be dish cloths. Who knows though, maybe they will surprise us all with 40 super hot songs.

Top Bottom