For all the people great and small
Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I didn't realise he was singing in English until about a minute into the performance. I'm not this song's audience. I love country and Americana music but not when it's diluted like this into tacky anthemic country pop. Having said that some such entries can work for me like for instance Anna Bergendahl's recent country infused schlager Melo attempts or the ones from Wiktoria. Hope is a song I find tolerable so that's a positive (and quite a biggie as I often find this sort of stuff unbearable). Can't say I like it though or would choose to hear it again of my own accord. I wouldn't put on Hope when I could just listen to a Charley Crockett album and have a swell time doing so.

Here's a...... hmmmmmmmmm... alright-ish :5: points. Won't be the worst song of the year by any stretch.

Betwixt Tales

Love his voice, and love that it's a country song - but it leans just a little too far into western, and for me, that takes away from what is otherwise a great song. Hope it makes the final in ESC.

ag89

I bet the will improve the staging somehow. Stefan promised to bring horses on the stage, but we all know it's not allowed :D
These two cowboys on the stage were totally pointless like that. More action, please!
And tacky. Also, Eurovision doesn't have a good track record of "American" songs or "American" inspired stagings doing good.

ESC94

My mother absolutely loves this. I showed her his performance and she was like: "This is the best Eurovision entry this year so far".

I was like... "but I just showed you Ukraine and Lithuania".

Straight ppl are lost.

Your mom has a good taste. ;)

I think I listened to it six or seven times in a row, can´t get it out of my head anymore. xmusic

No matter what happens, this will be pretty high on my list. xdance2

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
How on earth can juries vote for Sandra. And why is "radio friendly" such an important criteria???

Being radio-friendly is like one of the worst qualities in terms of Eurovision success.
I don´t get it, either - apparently, jury members with a lack of taste and a glimpse of an idea what Eurovision is about suddenly think that "sounding generic in order to be played on the radio" is the most important criterion ever.

Some jury members (:ie:, :ee: and especially :de:) somehow stopped believing Eurovision is a TV show and think instead that it´s being held by radio stations.

Dunno. Most jury members are so lost his year.

alyrin

I can´t believe they ranked Elina last.

This is almost as criminal as the German national final.
exactly like giving elysa and ZEVAKIN more points even though they had terrible ass performances? i literally want to cry plz

i stand by what i said - estonia doesn't deserve elina and now it turns out the rest of the world doesn't deserve her either

Ezio

Veteran
It's definitely something new to the ESC stage, but at the same time something I have already heard a thousand times before. I don't really click with Cowboy music from a Eurovision perspective. The outro is very by the book.

I would have loved Jaguup to win.

HayashiM

Veteran
I am very sad about losing Remedy, which is still in my top 3 of this season. But at least it wasn't for a song I would hate. Hope is nothing groundbreaking, but it is rather good (especially for its genre). I am giving a :7: and for once expect to stick with it without much potential for growing or fading.

Mainshow

Veteran
exactly like giving elysa and ZEVAKIN more points even though they had terrible ass performances? i literally want to cry plz

i stand by what i said - estonia doesn't deserve elina and now it turns out the rest of the world doesn't deserve her either

Such jury members don´t vote on criteria such as composition, vocals, performances, lyrics anymore - most of them simply vote for their favourite song and apparently, there seem to be many basic jury members with a very generic taste in music who are voting for "radio-friendly" songs and downvoting anything else - we can see these tendencies in other countries as well.

ollibox

And tacky. Also, Eurovision doesn't have a good track record of "American" songs or "American" inspired stagings doing good.
Yup, that's true. Although, something "different" might give an edge sometimes. All the years are different, maybe this country-western would become this year's vibe? :) We won't know that for sure before the SF2 on 12th of May (yes, a reminder has been set :D)
Overall, I think nobody from our country (or anywhere else) truly believes that this would be THE WINNER in the end. Still, it's a quite good entry to pass the SFs and reach near TOP10 (of course, too early to tell, only 13 songs available at the moment).
Anyway, I believe that there were no better choice from our final than Stefan. Sorry to say that.
At the end, the only song from our initial 40 entries that is and will remain in my playlist is MAIAN. No others :D

Top Bottom