Hey, sing your heart out boy
For all the people great and small
Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

Daybreak

PS! A very special highlight of the evening - CAATER! xmetal Some (more mature) Estonian audience might have felt that as well, I hope :D

Yeah, Caater as an interval act was cool, I definitely wouldn't have expected that. They could've put more effort into this though, like an updated version of the song or something.

Last edited:

lasse braun

the sound is little bit weird (not only here) but this is timeless pop music art.xheart
in my opinium also the song with the best chances in turin but probably not in estonia because of this good looking man thing.

hpp0

When I saw the results I was surprised that but then I saw the performances and it was all clear.
Ott was great vocally, the song is simple but beautiful (although as someone else said his facial expressions were kinda weird).
The duet was good, the performance wasn't anything outstanding but it was from the better ones.
I sincerely don't get why people like "Fire", it sound like something you would hear in 2005, but I guess it's just me. I would rather have "Little Girl" qualifying instead.
Stig has a very average song, but the performance was alright. I personally wouldn't qualify him but his performance was fine and he is from the bigger names so it makes sense.
And finally "Remedy"... sometimes less is more. The performance started alright, but then it became very random, with too much going on for absolutely no reason. The accident could have been worse and I don't think that her "flying" adds anything to the performance, the should remove it completely imo. The song is great and she sang well but she won't win with this performance. It's not well executed and it doesn't look particularly well.

lasse braun

Ott was great vocally, the song is simple but beautiful (although as someone else said his facial expressions were kinda weird).
sure?
i've seen a "panzermajor" a blond tankmayor standing around and showing his teeth a lot.
he stands there like a dressman - like a rock - a monument.
i make only a joke here but that were my spontaneous impressions yesterday.:mrgreen:
he is a good singer of course but his song is not a grade a caliber ballad in my opinium.
if estonia going again the "uku-way" mister ott is the man.

mauve

Veteran
i've seen a "panzermajor" a blond tankmayor standing around and showing his teeth a lot.
:ROFLMAO: Even when Ott was my clear favorite yesterday, I had to laugh about your description. You are right about it - I didn't like his facial expression, he can fix it hopefully. Even in case not, his voice is exceptional. :D

hpp0

sure?
he stands there like a dressman - like a rock - a monument.
i make only a joke here but that were my spontaneous impressions yesterday.:mrgreen:
he is a good singer of course but his song is not a grade a caliber ballad in my opinium.
if estonia going again the "uku-way" mister ott is the man.

I mean his performance was just nice, yeah he didn't do much nor was he captivating but he wasn't bad and the song is alright. I wasn't really excited with any of the performances but at least he did well on the singing part and it wasn't bad overall, just pretty boring.

Looren

Veteran
Elina was stunning yesterday but I think she definitely needs to change her staging, it was just a big mess all the way and kinda ruined the atmosphere of the song

Iker

Veteran
When I saw the results I was surprised that but then I saw the performances and it was all clear.
The duet was good, the performance wasn't anything outstanding but it was from the better ones.
I sincerely don't get why people like "Fire", it sound like something you would hear in 2005, but I guess it's just me. I would rather have "Little Girl" qualifying instead.
Stig has a very average song, but the performance was alright. I personally wouldn't qualify him but his performance was fine and he is from the bigger names so it makes sense.
And finally "Remedy"... sometimes less is more. The performance started alright, but then it became very random, with too much going on for absolutely no reason. The accident could have been worse and I don't think that her "flying" adds anything to the performance, the should remove it completely imo. The song is great and she sang well but she won't win with this performance. It's not well executed and it doesn't look particularly well.
I thought the other way around about Elina. The performance was more interesting that the song itself.

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I think that Elina´s staging is absolutely great. She clearly went for a different approach - at least, something is happening and unlike the other entrants, she chose bright and lively colours.

Also, her "flying" above the stage adds a lot since it occurs when she is about to start using her operatic voice during the climax of the song. It perfectly suits the composition.

Furthermore, her hair-do, her make-up as well as the outfits of her and her dancers were classy, thrilling and adds another interesting aspect to this performance.

The song wasn´t my favourite one at the beginning but the performance made it grow on me. I absolutely loved EVERYTHING about her performance (apart from a few camera angles/movements which needs some fixing).

crashworld

Veteran
My ranking for SF1:
  1. ELYSA
  2. Stig Rästa
  3. Kaia-Liisa Kesler
  4. Ott Lepland
  5. Elina Nechayeva
  6. Merilin Mälk
  7. Triin Niitoja & Frants Tikerpuu
  8. Andrei Zevakin & Grete Paia
  9. Helen
  10. Alabama Watchdog
This SF was such a borefest. The returnees came back with songs that are weaker than their previous entries in ESC. And I can't believe I am ranking a music video only entry as my no. 1 and that song is not even that good.

I haven't listened to the studio versions of this year's Eesti Laul's entries (except the 2 in the SF1). Hopefully, the entries in SF2 do not disappoint.

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
Personally, I think that Elina´s staging is absolutely great. She clearly went for a different approach - at least, something is happening and unlike the other entrants, she chose bright and lively colours.

Also, her "flying" above the stage adds a lot since it occurs when she is about to start using her operatic voice during the climax of the song. It perfectly suits the composition.

Furthermore, her hair-do, her make-up as well as the outfits of her and her dancers were classy, thrilling and adds another interesting aspect to this performance.

The song wasn´t my favourite one at the beginning but the performance made it grow on me. I absolutely loved EVERYTHING about her performance (apart from a few camera angles/movements which needs some fixing).
Looks like the jury preferred ground type Stig to flying type Elina though.

hpp0

I thought the other way around about Elina. The performance was more interesting that the song itself.

The idea itself isn't bad at all, I just found the execution really bad. The camera angles were pretty bad after a while, if they change them some shots will look less random to me. Maybe I had very high expectations cause I find her 2018 NF performance very elegant and expected this one to be on the same level

laululind

Not long 'til we have the final 10l! :D The one with covid from semi 2 is Minimal Wind, so we probably won't get to see them live since I very much doubt they'll make it to the final.

My wishlist for tonight would be Pur Mudd, Stefan, Jyrise, Maian and.. either Sahlene or Boamadu, depending on performance. :unsure:But now that we have rehearsal pics, I'll make a tentative guess that the actual qualifiers will be Stefan, Sahlene, Black Velvet (saved by round 2?), Jaagup Tuisk (pushed by juries & seems to have nice staging?) and.. uh.. Pur Mudd. :unsure: But wouldn't rule out most of the others for the last few spots, really not expecting to get 5/5 for this semi. :LOL: Could easily see Boamadu or Evelin Samuel through as well, Jyrise could potentially surprise. Having doubts about Maian making it, her staging seems rather dull, but maybe juries will push her in? In any case, a few surprises might be had! Hope the performances are stronger than semi 1. :D And nobody gets dropped or injured this time around. :LOL:

Shadowfuxcs

Usually I really like at least a couple of songs from Eesti Laul but this year I can't see a standout. Really don't get why Stephan is so high in the odds, his song is one of the better produced but that's all I remember about it. Remedy and Kui Vad are the ones I prefer, though it would be kinda pointless for Elina to return so soon just to get a significantly lower position from 2018 and Jaagup could have a better entry to participate with in the future. In that case, let someone like Stephan go. This doesn't seem to be Estonia's year, so just let a frequent returnee get their moment so that they won't have to pull an Uku in the future and rob more deserving entries like in the last two years.

AlekS

Veteran
Eesti Laul. Semifinal #2.

Part 1: 18:30 - 20:00 CET.

Part 2: 20:30 - 21:15 CET.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
I hope Evelin Samuel, Anna Sahlena, Minimal Wind feat. Elisabeth Tiffany and Jaagup Tuisk gonna qualify today! Really love these 4.. :)

Stefan is all right too, in studio version, have to see it live..

Top Bottom