Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

Mainshow

Veteran
Just listened to Stefan´s song.
Honestly, I can´t fully comprehend or understand why we still have to face such a throwback to 2013. That´s basically the type of EDM-Western-pop straight folks listened to back in the day in an event like Eurovision in 2022 BUT - it´s a well-produced and memorable entry and strangely, I think that it´s a sure-fire qualifier in May (IF Stefan is able to pull it off live).. I mean "Storm" was way more generic, bland and dull and it even qualified.

"Remedy" is a great entry - a quality ballad - but it still doesn´t get me (just the final part of the song).

Maian remains my favourite - followed by "Golden Shores" but honestly, I´d be fine with any of these 4 songs for Estonia.

wtf

Elina was a little too optimistic when naming her album :LOL: or is it a sign?

I bims

Veteran
Just listened to Stefan´s song.
Honestly, I can´t fully comprehend or understand why we still have to face such a throwback to 2013. That´s basically the type of EDM-Western-pop straight folks listened to back in the day in an event like Eurovision in 2022 BUT - it´s a well-produced and memorable entry and strangely, I think that it´s a sure-fire qualifier in May (IF Stefan is able to pull it off live).. I mean "Storm" was way more generic, bland and dull and it even qualified.
Well I'm certainly not straight but I really like that song. Sure it's a bit of a throwback but it doesn't sound dated and people are in the mood for throwbacks thanks to Ms. Rona. It's also not a sound most countries are going for currently, so it will stand out.
And I agree, if chosen this will surely go to the final and depending of the competition and staging could easily be Top 10.

He uploaded a video to instagram singing it live (the version is a bit laid back though). He doesn't sound as deep as he does in the studio version but he's absolutely nailing it.

aef

Everyone laughed about me when I said Stefan is a contender for Eesti Laul victory and now he is #1 in the odds. Hm...

alyrin

Everyone laughed about me when I said Stefan is a contender for Eesti Laul victory and now he is #1 in the odds. Hm...
odds absolutely do not matter at all right now, black velvet are also high up and as if they have a chance of winning lol

FabiESC

My Ranking of the Semifinalists

01. Merilin Mälk – Little Girl 10/10
02. Triin Niitoja & Frants Tikerpuu – Laululind 10/10
03. Pur Mudd & Shira - Golden Shores 10/10
04. Anna Sahlene – Champion 9/10
05. Elysa – Fire 9/10
06. Elina Nechayeva – Remedy 8/10
07. Jaagup Tuisk – Kui vaid 8/10
08. Kaia-Liisa Kesler – Vaikus 7/10
09. Andrei Zevakin feat. Grete Paia – Mis nüüd saab 6/10
10. Stefan - Hope 6/10
11. Stig Rästa – Interstellar 6/10
12. Alabama Watchdog – Move On 5/10
13. Ott Lepland – Aovalguses 5/10
14. Jyrise – Plaksuta 5/10
15. Maian – Meeletu 4/10
16. Black Velvet – Sandra 4/10
17. Boamadu – Mitte kauaks 3/10
18. Helen – Vaata minu poole 3/10
19. Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany – What To Make Of This 2/10
20. Evelin Samuel – Waterfall 0/10

Iker

Veteran

I think Stefan will win for real. It is something that I can see being voted heavily in Estonia. There is though also the jury vote ..

• Like It
Reactions: aef

Steph777

Many possibilies for me, I like a lot of song but my favorites :

Remedy (generally big fan of Elina, awesome artist) & Hope (very good song)

Mrm

Veteran
After these 5 entries I desperatelly need a ballad!! :D

My current avatar FTW! :D :p

mauve

Veteran
I am pretty sure that live he will nail this! I hope that he will make it in the end, not Stefan (I like "Hope", but not so much as Ott's song!). I have no 12 pts within the 5 songs so far, so please, let Ott change this! xpray

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Daybreak

I spent some time at the end of the year pretty much off the grid, partly for health reasons and then my computer also broke and I couldn't immediately get a new one, so I missed out on the song reveals and quarterfinals (I assumed they would be a bit later, like in January; EL seems to be quite early this year overall, last time our NF was over by mid-February was probably the Eurolaul era). So now I'm sort of starting Eesti Laul in the middle which is definitely a new and a bit weird experience. I've only heard clips of the songs as well, I guess I could wait until the shows to listen to the full versions at this point.

"Meeletu" by Maian is the only one I've heard fully and this seems for me the most interesting song at the moment. It sounds current and it's also in Estonian, so it'd represent our music scene well; it also doesn't have this monotonous simplistic sound that many new songs tend to have, even though it gives that impression initially, since the chorus is more catchy and melodic. Of course, I imagine some of the other songs would also impress me :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom