For all the people great and small
Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yeah so about that... It appeared as though Eesti Laul's technicians finally bothered to encrypt the vids... except it looks as if they did too good of a job and the vids won't upload to actual website for anyone who vists xheart

that's one way to stop leaks. :lol:
Plot Twist: you now can only access them if you have an Estonian VPN. xheart
Plot Twist 2: the songs are accessible in the code but their names are misspelled. Stefan's song file is saved as "sefan-hope.mp3" xheart

ERR and their ENDLESS measures against evil eurogay hackers xheart xheart xheart

hunty73

EL is so bad this year you have to think the producers are packing the real challengers into heat 4.We havent seen an entry yet that would qualify at ESC,dire stuff.Zero televotes or jury in any song.They usually stick a couple of challengers in each heat,but they havent this year.

AlekS

Veteran
@Mainshow add Yulia from t.A.T.u saying "my son will never be a f*g" xfacepalm

But some of them are getting converted by the power of Eurovision :cool: and they forget their previous bs.
I mean:
jacques-houdek-the-contestant-from-croatia-performs-during-the-second-picture-id682903610

K6KJF76.gif
:ROFLMAO::lol:

Mainshow

Veteran
You can't just turn Eurovision into jst people that agree with my politics otherwise you'd be left with only western European countries. It's never been proven Alabama Watchdog are actually transphobic otherwise everyone on here would agree.

Maybe I'm coming at it differently because I'm completely independent from the crappy two parties we have over here and I've just seen this kind of stuff all the time on both sides and it's never ending.

I actually somehow agree with you and even look at "western European countries" - There have been subjects of heated debate amongst them from time to time as well and they don`t follow the same approach all/most of the time either.

That said, I still believe that "in a perfect world" - no homophobic, transphobic, racist artist should take part in Eurovision. Same applies to antisemtic artists as well etc. But like you´ve said, we can`t expect each and every artists from every region of Europe to be welcoming to all minorities.

However, I don`t really get your "both sides and being independent" argument, tbh.
Accepting ALL human beings, no matter their sexuality, gender, sex, skin colour, religion, ethnicity or nationality should be mandatory if you want to compete in such an event (it should be that way in reality as well, of course) - and thus, I still believe that such artists shouldn`t take part.... however, I detest the idea of banning countries due to politics.. but politics and accepting human beings are two different things. But maybe I didn`t understand your last sentence correctly.

Anyway, my initial point was: We have had a small amount of allegedly homo-, transphobic or antisemtic artists taking part before and some of them are still favourites of the LGTBQ+ community or were successful in the past and thus, I just disagree with the thought of Alabama Watchdog not being successful in Eesti Laul or Eurovision just because they are or are not transphobic because a lot of viewers, jury members and even (LGTBQI+) fans don`t know about these claims, simply don`t care about it or will not have the chance to inform themselves.

@AlekS Yeah, I forgot to include t.A.T.u. as well - hell, I even voted for them and I still listen to some of their songs (even though it was hard for me to do so for a while after getting to know that comment).

Mainshow

Veteran
Crown her already.

Thanks for posting it!

It is a listenable song, a well-crafted ballad but it is nowhere as competitive or instant as "La Forza" was, imo.
I totally get the "sounds like a ballad by Nightwish or Within Temptation" comments but as a fan of both (as well as having voted for Estonia back in 2018), I think that 99.9% of their ballads are superior to this song... I can´t really name the reason for forming such an opinion on this entry.. I somehow believe that such "dark" or "mysterious" ballads needs more time to develop, reach a climax to fulfill their potential or to evoke a certain atmosphere.
"Remedy" just lacks a few components to be a perfect entry for me but it somehow falls a bit flat in the end.

(still a 7/10, in my opinion, but there`s room for improvement).

Huwchie

The jury were drinking the cool aid tonight , putting through Merilin Malk? For lack of a better word but the whole thing was just basic, although she has a good voice there were certainly more interesting songs to choose from.

HayashiM

Veteran
So far, I've only heard Elina from this and last week. It's a good thing she subverted my expectations and did not go for another (p)opera, as much as some have a hard time accepting this rebranding of sorts, given how good La Forza was.
I predict many will wake up from their sleep once she slays live.

I am still not sure how to feel about those high notes by the end, it feels almost as if I'd hoped for a climax after the endless tease in the lower register, and Elina instead goes for a "oh, in case you forgot, I can also go that high" reminder. Perhaps going not as high but staying there for a bit longer would have felt better.

That being said, I love the song and I believe it's a hell lot more competitive than its current reception suggests. For me it's better than anything we'd had in 2020 and 2021 editions of Eesti Laul.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran

This is brilliant!!

Visuals are stunning!
The message, those ppl in the video..

00s Eurovision super star Sahlene is here to conquer Europe once again… Do not stand on her path, better for you.. ;)

lasse braun

This is brilliant!!

Visuals are stunning!
The message, those ppl in the video..

00s Eurovision super star Sahlene is here to conquer Europe once again… Do not stand on her path, better for you.. ;)
brilliant & stunning for you,boring 0815 sound like average melostuff for me.
and no,need no message in these very difficult days - look at germany 2021 - the song was a 3 minutes long message and how did it end.
xqueenbitch

Last edited:
  • Hatrið
Reactions: Mrm

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
You can't just turn Eurovision into jst people that agree with my politics otherwise you'd be left with only western European countries. It's never been proven Alabama Watchdog are actually transphobic otherwise everyone on here would agree.

Maybe I'm coming at it differently because I'm completely independent from the crappy two parties we have over here and I've just seen this kind of stuff all the time on both sides and it's never ending.
Respecting trans people shouldn't be a case of politics to "agree", just some good sense and being a good human being

Anyone who wants to get exposure, fame, career, and money from LGBTQIA+ people (and any other minority) but can't do the bare minimum to respect them deserves every single kind of boycott and backlash

they know what they did, they were called out for it and made up some lame excuse that could come from a Bolsonaro supporter spreading fake news on whatsapp. (And i know you followed all the drama on net so idk why you're acting so oblivious but go off i guess)

thank godney they are chanceless

heke1988

So Alabama Watchdog wrote a song, which people overthinking, it was transphobic? They themselves told, that they are not transphobic. What is this world going?

Kairit

I'm getting excited about the possibility of Stefan winning just because I like him so much as a person. (it was the same for me in 2016 with Jüri tbf) :lol:. The song is not the most original and it is not my favourite, but..... perhaps it would be a decent choice. I can see the Estonian public voting for it for sure as we definitely don't have the most groundbreaking taste (and it is better than Stig's song). :oops:

Sahlene really wanted to make the most average "empowerment" song, huh. The beginning is quite good, but the chorus makes me cringe. I just can't get into songs that have to repeat "I'm a champion", "I'm a warrior" "I can make through it all" in the chorus. Surely you can convey this message in a more interesting way. The super Swedish 2012 pop production does not help either. But bless her, her moment at Eurovision with "Runaway" will always be iconic to Estonians, nice to see her back I guess.

Sad to see Goodreason out, it really was too strong of a QF, but the song was pretty good indeed. Hope they come back. Hele-Mai is lovely and great live tbh.
Wasn't into Shira's last entry, but I loved this one..... :( She's also too stunning xfaint
Lauri Pihlap was just sad :lol: It's like a cry for help. "Take me home".... "Back to the early 00's when I was in my prime. Please."
Elina's Remedy is pretty good, very soothing and atmospheric and I do not think it needs a 'big' moment like some do, but a part of me definitely wishes other artists got to have a chance before she goes again.
Merilin Mälk's song needs some time to grow on me I think... But I hope she gets to shine this time, all her Estonian Idol performances were bangers. Edasi-Tagasi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAL4xCyjsGE&t=80s is definitely my favourite song from her. I think she could have a really good entry in a couple years. She has a really good ear for good melodies tbh, which a lot of Estonian songwriters don't seem to have.

But I must say, it is not a bad Eesti Laul at all so far... Possibly the best since 2018. :oops: At this point I am definitely in favour of the quarter finals. I can't imagine not having heard all the songs, because there were many good entries even among the ones that did not get through to the semifinals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom