Elina Nechayeva - Remedy = 7/10
Alabama Watchdog - Move On = 6.5/10
Goodreason - Three Days Ago = 6.5/10
Anna Sahlene - Champion = 6/10
deLULU - Music Saved My Soul = 5.5/10
Merilin Mälk - Little Girl = 5/10
STEFAN - Hope = 4/10
Lauri Pihlap - Take Me Home = 3/10

For me this was yet another fairly bland group of songs. Let's Talk About was hilarious and kind of charming for what it was, although certainly repetitive. Elina's song is unexpectedly mellow and actually very pleasant, but she's underselling herself vocally here as the whole thing doesn't really build to much, though remains nice. The live performance will hopefully elevate it. It's certainly not bad anyway. Under Water has a nice vibe but is missing something. Champion sounds like it was dragged kicking and screaming from an early 10s Melodifestivalen. It gives me Helena Paparizou Survivor vibes a little, but nowhere near as good unfortunately.

Mrm

Veteran
1. Evelin Samuel
2. Anna Sahlene

xheat xheat xheat

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I feared Goodreason would pay the price for awful jury making decisions, but oh well. Alabama Watchdog being a jury Q means they'll likely die in the semi, so I can't be too bothered.

The other four were good choices. :-)

EscGeek

Veteran
I love 8 songs so far and 6 (Boamadu, Stig, Jyrise, Zevakin & Grete, Alabama W. & Merilin) are still in the game. Only Fiona And Me & Levvis are out.

Ps. Bring back the leaks. xgaah

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Also radabama terfdog qualifying is the reason juries should be extinct and not even correctly qualifying merilin will make up for it

Mainshow

Veteran
I have no clue what has been going on with Alabama Watchdog and I`m a huge fan of Eurovision. All I "know" is that Aram MP3 was called a homophobic prior and during the contest as well since he made disrespectful comments about the LGTBQ+ community in Yerevan.
Also, there has even been a video of Little Big making homophobic comments during their trip to Amsterdam after seeing a rainbow flag and they still were very popular amoung the (LGTBQ+) hardcore fansbase of Eurovision.
And let us not forget about Carola from Sweden who wanted to cure all gays via prayers.
Or Takasa who would have qualified back in 2013 (televoting) despite the Heilsarmee basically sacking/firing employees who are lesbian/gay/LGTBQ+.

I agree that Eurovision should be a safe place for everyone and thus, no transphobic, homophobic or racist people should take part BUT we have already seen "borderline" cases/artists in recent years and neither the juries, nor the fans did really care about it...

alyrin

i just checked how people reacted to elina's song on facebook and they really seemed to like it.. and now we're going to see it live too.. i just know it'll be a serve xheat

BorisBubbles

Veteran
ps. Bring back the leaks. xgaah
Yeah so about that... It appeared as though Eesti Laul's technicians finally bothered to encrypt the vids... except it looks as if they did too good of a job and the vids won't upload to actual website for anyone who vists xheart

that's one way to stop leaks. :lol:

njdevils94

Veteran
I have no clue what has been going on with Alabama Watchdog and I`m a huge fan of Eurovision. All I "know" is that Aram MP3 was called a homophobic prior and during the contest as well since he made disrespectful comments about the LGTBQ+ community in Yerevan.
Also, there has even been a video of Little Big making homophobic comments during their trip to Amsterdam after seeing a rainbow flag and they still were very popular amoung the (LGTBQ+) hardcore fansbase of Eurovision.
And let us not forget about Carola from Sweden who wanted to cure all gays via prayers.

I agree that Eurovision should be a safe place for everyone and thus, no transphobic, homophobic or racist people should take part BUT we have already seen "borderline" cases/artists in recent years and neither the juries, nor the fans did really care about it...
You can't just turn Eurovision into jst people that agree with my politics otherwise you'd be left with only western European countries. It's never been proven Alabama Watchdog are actually transphobic otherwise everyone on here would agree.

Maybe I'm coming at it differently because I'm completely independent from the crappy two parties we have over here and I've just seen this kind of stuff all the time on both sides and it's never ending.

Top Bottom