1. Maian
2. Stig
3. Evelin
4. Jaagub

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Looren

Veteran
Duuuh I really can not stand that entry sorry..

But "Kuula" xlove xheart

One of my fave ESC entries ever, not only from Estonia. :)

Totally agree for Kuula, it's in my top 3 of ESC songs xheart

Don't agree for La Forza tho haha but well am an opera lover so obviously I was going to love that entry xheart

• Like It

Kaz

I'm honestly shocked at how poorly-received Jaagup's entry is on this forum. Yes, it's similar to his/Juri's previous attempts - probably sounds like the sequel to Beautiful Lie. But that doesn't mean that it's a bad quality song. I would actually argue that this is his strongest entry so far. I love how it sounds very theatrical like Beautiful Lie, but builds in a much more mysterious way. And the Estonian language is great too. Jaagup, Maian and Stig were all great choices in this quarter final - if this is an indication of Eesti Laul 2022, I'm really looking forward to the quality in the coming weeks.

Lance Esgard

Pleased that Boamadu qualified. Very much reminds me of Pretty Vegas by INXS (back when they tried to come back with a different lead singer that didn't work out) but in Estonian.

The results were pretty much what I'd expected from seeing the videos.

Fiona and Me were trolling us with those lyrics in Comic Sans. Much preferred Redel, as their approach felt more purposeful to me and was more adventurous musically.

It truly feels like Eurovision 2022 has begun now!

• Like It
Reactions: Kaz

marty

That was quite a nice selection, but in the end there is no song that stands out.

aef

I quite enjoyed both Stig and Jaagup. The could both be qualifiers at Eurovision. Evelin's is the most annoying song of the season so far hahaha...

HayashiM

Veteran
Team Evelin Samuel all the way.
I also enjoyed Boamadu. Stig's song is quite ok. I had a much higher expectations from Traffic who sadly let me down. Maian could grow on me. And I already forgot everyone else's songs including Jaagup's.

hunty73

Looking at the poor quality of last nights songs it pains you to think of the high quality EL used to provide.It was one of the premier selection shows.Seeing Kerli and IIris working together recently just makes you pray they might do the same again at an EL.They could come up with something special together.

• La La Love

ESC94

Ok, I didn´t listen to any of the songs before and just heard the five qualified songs for the first time. Here´s my ranking:

1. Evelin Samuel - This song reminds me a bit of ABBA to be honest, but it´s actually a compliment. Her voice sounds very mature and I really like the rhythm. Compared to her entry in 1999 I like this more.
2. Stig Rästa - Not a masterpiece, but this song just gives me a good mood and the melody is still stuck in my head.
3. Jaagup Tuisk - Not as good as his entry in 2020, but still very enjoyable.
4. Maian - A nice song, but a bit forgettable for me.
5. Boamadu - The only song I absolutely don´t like, I`m very sorry.

MooseShoes

Just ranking qualifiers, and some could change later.

1. Maian - Has a nice vibe to it. Hopefully Spain's renewed interest in ESC will mean that this won't end up being the best "Spanish" entry, unlike like in 2020. (I am, of course, referring to "Wanna be like")
2. Evelin Samuel - I'll be honest, it's the theremin section that's doing the heavy lifting here. I can't tell whether I like the rest of it or not yet.
3. Jaagup Tuisk - This is starting to grow on me, but Beautiful Lie was more instant. Currently provoking chin-stroking admiration rather than love.
4. Stig Rästa - I don't want to lay into this as "Goodbye to Yesterday" has provided Stig with an almost infinite amount of credit in the bank, but... it's fine. However, I have issues. For now, I'll just ask why any song where Victor Crone is involved has to have a chorus in a vocal register that's unlikely to work live.
5. Boamadu - Nothing wrong with this and I'm glad it got through. As far as rock entries go, though, it's on the lower end of the spectrum.

Nice to have some actual songs so thanks :ee:, even if I'm still more excited for :ge: at the moment. :lol:

Top Bottom