For all the people great and small
Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

njdevils94

Veteran
So based on the names I am most excited about Kea, Little Mess, Stig, Traffic and Jaagup Tuisk... I hope they have good songs and advance. Quarter-final is already this Saturday!!!

Kea apparently has a ballad this time around so completely different from Lonely Boy and Hypnotized.

alyrin

i forgot that we now know 2 of the 7 esc returnees (evelin samuel and stig), i wonder who the other 5 are... i honestly have a feeling that getter jaani & birgit will be back xhelp

lasse braun

this year redel and 2022 hopefully something similar - remember 2016 -
what exactly means "parmupillihullus" in english (or german) language?
sounds cool.xqueenbitch

BorisBubbles

Veteran
some intern added the vids of el on the website and one of my friends found them whoops. they'll find there way here eventually, so allow me to spread the mind-controlling neurotoxins before you get a chance to listen for yourself.

let the stream of conscieousness begin

evelin samuel - waterfall: a watered down version of diamond of night that doesn't quite pack the punch. i think it'll sound better live. njdevils might like this one (which isn't a slight!)
traffic - kaua veel: traffic have betrayed their happy-go-lucky soul to come up with a generic pop ballad. the shame. morrocco2021 will like that one (which is very much a slight)
stig rästa - interstellar: actually enjoyable for what it is (a victor crone reject) lol. not great but servicable. if stig weren't such a mediocre singer i'd be confident it could win, but he is so it will come third.
peder põder - koos lõpunni: a white guy with a guitar, bore me a river.
maian - meeletu: the "6" tease of combining estonian and spanish is enough to squeeze out a mild like, but i'm not excited by it. how does one do ethereal dreampop and NOT excite me??? oh, rahula-era eesti laul, got it. :rolleyes:
little mess - hea paëv: an underwhelming og3ne clone.
kéa - everytime: ugh who gave you permission to turn competent? sadly "competent" in this context means "soulless enough to reach the semifinal without a hitch" :-/
jaagup tuisk - kui vaid: after trying arcade, jaagup has now attempted maagus melanhoolia. yet somehow he ends up a complete afterthought. second on my list by default, which says more for the lack of quality in everything else.
fiona and me - feel like this: god this is so bad. the first thing to hit you is the obnoxious autotune, followed by a lyric vid where the BROKEN ENGLISH LYRICS are projected in COMIC SANS FONT over RANDOM STOCK FOOTAGE. it's bad in the most objective meaning of the word but also very deliberate... i stan? more demented art school projects pls xheart
boamadu - mitte kauaks: a welcome pillar of chaotic rock that stands out in this ocean of mediocre pop. not that good on its own, but in this field? pfeh.

stig > jaagup > boamadu > fiona & me > maian > evelin > kéa > little mess > traffic > peder

great to see that tomi has used the extra slots in eesti laul to truly invest in quality music :) and not to generate hype for the big names every estonian granny will vote for blindly anyway :)

alyrin

some intern added the vids of el on the website and one of my friends found them whoops. they'll find there way here eventually, so allow me to spread the mind-controlling neurotoxins before you get a chance to listen for yourself.

let the stream of conscieousness begin

evelin samuel - waterfall: a watered down version of diamond of night that doesn't quite pack the punch. i think it'll sound better live. njdevils might like this one (which isn't a slight!)
traffic - kaua veel: traffic have betrayed their happy-go-lucky soul to come up with a generic pop ballad. the shame. morrocco2021 will like that one (which is very much a slight)
stig rästa - interstellar: actually enjoyable for what it is (a victor crone reject) lol. not great but servicable. if stig weren't such a mediocre singer i'd be confident it could win, but he is so it will come third.
peder põder - koos lõpunni: a white guy with a guitar, bore me a river.
maian - meeletu: the "6" tease of combining estonian and spanish is enough to squeeze out a mild like, but i'm not excited by it. how does one do ethereal dreampop and NOT excite me??? oh, rahula-era eesti laul, got it. :rolleyes:
little mess - hea paëv: an underwhelming og3ne clone.
kéa - everytime: ugh who gave you permission to turn competent? sadly "competent" in this context means "soulless enough to reach the semifinal without a hitch" :-/
jaagup tuisk - kui vaid: after trying arcade, jaagup has now attempted maagus melanhoolia. yet somehow he ends up a complete afterthought. second on my list by default, which says more for the lack of quality in everything else.
fiona and me - feel like this: god this is so bad. the first thing to hit you is the obnoxious autotune, followed by a lyric vid where the BROKEN ENGLISH LYRICS are projected in COMIC SANS FONT over RANDOM STOCK FOOTAGE. it's bad in the most objective meaning of the word but also very deliberate... i stan? more demented art school projects pls xheart
boamadu - mitte kauaks: a welcome pillar of chaotic rock that stands out in this ocean of mediocre pop. not that good on its own, but in this field? pfeh.

stig > jaagup > boamadu > fiona & me > maian > evelin > kéa > little mess > traffic > peder

great to see that tomi has used the extra slots in eesti laul to truly invest in quality music :) and not to generate hype for the big names every estonian granny will vote for blindly anyway :)
i absolutely love ur reviews :lol:

alyrin

i just finished listening to the songs & it's all kinda boring and basic... if i had to pick a favourite it would probably be jaagup since he had the best video and most interesting song but i don't think the winner is in this QF

stig, traffic & jaagup are for sure qualifying to the SF but i have no idea who the other 2 could be, maybe evelin samuel and boamadu (for more diversity) maian's song was also cute but she's a terrible live singer so i don't have high hopes lol

lasse braun

alyrin

stig can be a good songwriter if he tries hard enough (he did write goodbye to yesterday after all) but most of his recent stuff has been so boring and i think interstellar is his worst EL entry yet (even worse than home which i also absolutely despised)

alyrin

also the little mess song is so bad omfg u can easily tell that tanja was the songwriter

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
i just finished listening to the songs & it's all kinda boring and basic... if i had to pick a favourite it would probably be jaagup since he had the best video and most interesting song but i don't think the winner is in this QF

stig, traffic & jaagup are for sure qualifying to the SF but i have no idea who the other 2 could be, maybe evelin samuel and boamadu (for more diversity) maian's song was also cute but she's a terrible live singer so i don't have high hopes lol

Do you have a link ?

Looren

Veteran
So :

1. Peter Pöder - Koos Löpuni (10/10)
2. Little Mess - Hea Paëv (10/10)
3. Traffic - Kaua Veel (10/10)

4. Kéa - Everytime (10/10)
5. Boamadu - Mitte Kauaks (9/10)

6. Jaagup Tuisk - Kui Vaad (8/10)
7. Evelin Samuel - Waterfall (7/10)

8. Stig - Interstellar (6/10) (such a shame as I was expecting sooo much from him)
9. Maian - Meeletu (4/10)
10. Fiona and me - Feel Like This (3/10)

Really good QF imo !

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Jaagup Tuisk - Kui vaid = 7/10
Boamadu - Mitte kauaks = 7/10
Maian - Meeletu = 6/10
Kéa - Everytime = 5/10
Evelin Samuel - Waterfall = 5/10
Fiona and Me - Feel Like This = 5/10
Little Mess - Hea päev = 5/10
Peter Põder - Koos lõpuni = 4/10
Traffic - Kaua veel = 3/10
Stig Rästa - Interstellar = 3/10

It's great to have our first NF songs of this season but eeeek. Kui vaid shows promise and was the sole song here that managed to make me pay attention. It melodically goes to some interesting places. I'm not wild for it but it certainly leaves the right mark when placed with this crowd. The basic jumped out of Stig Rästa's song which is a shame as usually he's not bad. Hopefully the remaining songs are a LOT better. It was as though the brief given for this batch was Denmark at Eurovision but we're sitting in a coffee shop.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
My top:

1. Stig - still not that impressed, hopefully the next QF will offer us better songs.
2. Jaagup - xheat Twinkstonia: Attack of Clones.

Hyped for Elina's comeback xbowxlove

ekzuu

Ok, my unrefined comments.

Boamadu - 1 sec in and I can say it's terrible bye
Evelin - boring 3 sec bye
Fiona and me - at least it has a beat but it's too weird so bye I just can't, it's kind of disgusting for me idk why
Jaagup - notes are sooo long... why??? it makes it feel like it lasts forever, but at least it has something in it. it's quite theatrical as well? it's a little bit interesting
Kea - I love this girl, I love her voice :) The song is ok, definitely not the worst, I hope she gets through. still too slow paced though. like I feel I would like to hear it 1.5x faster or smth :D
Little Mess - idk. it's girl power so I naturally support it anyways. but the song is too slow paced like previous one. anyway I hope they go through
Maian - it's interesting, I actually like it the most so far. I hope she is good live because I want it to go through and do well
Peter - boring bye
Stig - interesting, but a bit bland also. I have just had enough Estonia sending male tempo ballads or idk what to call this over and over again. It's the sound I have heard before. However knowing that our public likes this style and likes Stig and thinks Stig=quality then I think it will do well? Ofc we dont know 30 songs yet but this could win???
Traffic - again similar male ballady/poppy song and honestly I'm sick of this style. Estonia please send a woman or multiple I can't with this energy our males give I'm sorry. It's soo boring

I didn't listen any of them throughly, I just clicked through. I will hear them in full in Saturday I think. Anyways the quality was to be expected, why complain... We knew it was like this. Also, I'm a positive person usually but what I said is what I felt... And just to soften it I usually don't like many songs on first listen or don't like them so much but then at some point listen them on repeat and love them, so I guess it will happen this year also.

Top Bottom