For all the people great and small
Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

Sammy

Veteran
They're "apologizing", but in such a way that underlines they think the problem lies with the audience and not with them.

Whatever, they'll NQ. Can't wait to read their Reddit ama about the devastating blow they dealt to the woke moment, etc.
I‘m talking about their bland stupidity regarding the pandemic. Never heard a single appology about that…

Ajeje Brazorf

Little Girl is a lot easier to sing, at least.

And is a song completely different by Miljon Sammu. The chorus of Little Girl can actually work very well for her nasal voice, so it could be a plus, but the crucial point of the performance will be the verses, because the verses are really fluid so she needs to sing them perfectly: the more she sounds bouncy on the verses, the less possibilities she has to impress and qualify.

Kairit

Merilin Mälk is my fave Estonian female vocalist and I will defend her until the end :mad: She IS good. Her vocal tone is a matter of personal taste of course but personally I like it, and I do think it has mellowed out over the years. People just have bad days and bad circumstancess.

ekzuu

I like Merilin a lot too, she was my fave by a mile when she competed at Estonian Idol show.... I loved her every performance. She is a great singer, I think she was nervous performing "Miljon sammu" and it was quite fast paced song also, perhaps she didnt practice enough, focus went too much for appearance and also, Eesti Laul live singing can be quite ruthless, it has been for many singers, who are not soooo bad actually, I dont know why we have this quality sometimes, maybe the singers cant hear their singing properly or they cant rehearse as much as need or idk. Like last year we had several great songs, but the live singing was bad, like Lost in a Dance, 6 and so on. Or maybe these singers just dont have enough experience and are indeed bad, but I would say live singing in Eesti Laul is harsh for some reason...

As for the semi final allocation, I think its quite unfair, I think 1st is much harder than 2nd semi. I dont want to say who I want or predict to qualify, I want to see the performances first, but I'm excited about Elysa the most I think, if she has good show and good vocals, she might be my favourite, but if they are not good, or lame or smth then ... bye

Ajeje Brazorf

Like last year we had several great songs, but the live singing was bad, like Lost in a Dance, 6 and so on. Or maybe these singers just dont have enough experience and are indeed bad, but I would say live singing in Eesti Laul is harsh for some reason...

It happens not only in Eesti Laul: experience is a factor in all song contests. A newcomer has always more pressure than an established artist and flopping hard on your first appearance is not always a bad thing, if you accept that and return after a few years more prepared to that stage. Audience values even improvements, there are so many examples of this in music industry.

This is why I'm saying every single performance should be judged based on what you see and hear on the night, without thinking: "Oh, this girl/guy sang wonderful/awful last time, so I love it/hate it no matter what she/he sings". When I value a performance, I value the single performance and the single song.

There will always be some who will flop on a long night of music, but that doesn't mean they will flop forever.

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
Merilin Mälk is my fave Estonian female vocalist and I will defend her until the end :mad: She IS good. Her vocal tone is a matter of personal taste of course but personally I like it, and I do think it has mellowed out over the years. People just have bad days and bad circumstancess.
Not your avatar Elina Born?

alyrin

well that is certainly A Choice but that's what opinions are for, right? xcookie

Kairit

Not your avatar Elina Born?
Vocalist? No. Artist/music wise, I prefer Elina. Maian I might like even more though, she could be the female equivalent of Jüri Pootsmann for me aka my top fave artist in Estonia in general in terms of everything, just effortlessly stylish (who also did a subpar, borderline awful performance at Eurovision, maybe not vocal wise, but sometimes it just happens that the production does artists dirty or the cooperation just did not go as planned, which is what I suspect happened with Merilin's last Eesti Laul performance).

A lot of these preferences come from Estonian Idol days tbf

I also still really love this rendition of Edasi-Tagasi. And I also just think Miljon Sammu does not suit her that much.

But Alika Milova from the latest edition can for sure outsing all of them :love: I was just really rooting for Merilin back then and I still have a soft spot for her as I think people are way too harsh on her.

Last edited:

ekzuu

Yeah, Alika is something else... Can't wait for her to get a good song and come to Eesti Laul, she would smash it. She is a real performer.

elanyvx

The running order for the semifinals is out

Semifinal 1

1. Elysa "Fire"
2. Helen "Vaata minu poole"
3. Andrei Zevakin feat. Grete Paia "Mis nüüd saab"
4. Alabama Watchdog "Move On"
5. Merilin Mälk "Little Girl"
6. Stig Rästa "Interstellar"
7. Triin Niitoja ja Frants Tikerpuu "Laululind"
8. Kaia-Liisa Kesler "Vaikus"
9. Elina Nechayeva "Remedy"
10. Ott Lepland "Aovalguses"

Semifinal 2

1. Jyrise "Plaksuta"
2. Maian "Meeletu"
3. Boamadu "Mitte kauaks"
4. Evelin Samuel "Waterfall"
5. Black Velvet "Sandra"
6. Pur Mudd, Shira "Golden Shores"
7. Jaagup Tuisk "Kui vaid"
8. Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany "What To Make Of This"
9. Stefan"Hope"
10. Anna Sahlene "Champion"

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
SEMI FINAL 1 - MY TOP 3
1. Elysa "Fire"
2. Andrei Zevakin feat. Grete Paia "Mis nüüd saab"
3. Triin Niitoja ja Frants Tikerpuu "Laululind"

SEMI FINAL 2 - MY TOP 3
1. Pur Mudd, Shira "Golden Shores"
2. Maian "Meeletu"
3. Jyrise "Plaksuta"

wtf

alika is so overrated i'm sorry, her first song was an absolute disappointment too

Her first song was not even her choice, whoever was gonna win was gonna release it. She almost said out she doesn't even like it herself. It still went viral and became a massive hit...
And overrated? Her really good vocal skills are an objective fact. You can like or dislike someone's voice or tone or techniques but you can't deny the talent. :rolleyes:

If she takes part (she's said she wants to) and if her song is ANY good, she will easily win Eesti Laul 2023. The last time someone had that power was Ott Lepland after his Idol win in 2009 and we all know who won 2012.

alyrin

Her first song was not even her choice, whoever was gonna win was gonna release it. She almost said out she doesn't even like it herself. It still went viral and became a massive hit...
And overrated? Her really good vocal skills are an objective fact. You can like or dislike someone's voice or tone or techniques but you can't deny the talent. :rolleyes:

If she takes part (she's said she wants to) and if her song is ANY good, she will easily win Eesti Laul 2023. The last time someone had that power was Ott Lepland after his Idol win in 2009 and we all know who won 2012.
i never denied alika's talent though lol, but that doesn't change the fact that she's overrated (in my OPINION)

i watched inglite aeg where she performed with elina born, nele-liis vaiksoo, stefan, wanda etc & compared to them alika was nothing revolutionary, she sounded like every other singer out there (but that doesn't mean that she's not good)

also, just because õnnenumber became a ''massive hit'' doesn't mean that it's a good song

hunty73

Stefan no surprise and likely the winner of EL or just pipped in the superfinal by someone.Only strange one is Andrei Zevakin feat. Grete Paia, i would of expected them to have a better slot given they should do well with the telelvote.The producers maybe want to hamper them though given it would likely fail at ESC.

Mrm

Veteran
Stefan no surprise and likely the winner of EL or just pipped in the superfinal by someone.Only strange one is Andrei Zevakin feat. Grete Paia, i would of expected them to have a better slot given they should do well with the telelvote.The producers maybe want to hamper them though given it would likely fail at ESC.
If my avatar looses, I'm gonna jump out the window! xcry

Top Bottom