14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

HayashiM

Veteran
I have to agree with the voices saying this year is much better than the last one. Uku is not my clear absolute favourite, but he has improved a lot in my books, so I am ok with you sending him again.

Other songs I'll be rooting for, random order:
Egert Milder - Free Again
Gram-Of-Fun - Lost In A Dance
Sisi - Time
Hans Nayna - One by One
Koit Toome - We Could Have Been Beautiful (this is super radio friendly imo, I can easily see Koit placing in the charts like, everywhere)

I don't mind either:
Kristin Kalnapenk - Find a Way
Suured tüdrukud - Heaven's Not That Far Tonight
Andrei Zevakin & Pluuto - Wingman

Make your lyrics clear again and then we could talk, but I am not holding my breath:
Alabama Watchdog - Alabama Watchdog

Please absolutely avoid:
Karl Killing - Kiss Me - I get the "deep and emotional" intentions, and I surely can enjoy such when done right, but this falls completely flat. Feel free to take some notes from Didirri on how these things are done.
Redel - Tartu - We already had that sausage song last year, not again? :eek:

I am mostly indifferent about the rest of the songs.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
My top 10 after second listen:

:12: Kéa - "Hypnotized" (i won't even be rooting for this, if it were to win :lol: but so far this is the one i enjoyed the most)
:10: Heleza - "6" (the vibe xheat)
:8: Suured Tüdrukud - "Heaven’s Not That Far Tonight" (xheat)
:7: Tanja - "Best Night Ever" (the build up is so great but the chorus is such a let down for me... i was ready to take off!! but it's good)
:6: Redel - "Tartu" (not sure yet, if this will be my favorite or my least favorite, so i'll put them in 5th place for now :lol:)
:5: Gram-Of-Fun - "Lost In A Dance"
:4: Tuuli Rand - "Üks öö"
:3: Nika Marula - "Calm Down"
:2: Rahel - "Sunday Night"
:1: Uku Suviste - "The Lucky One" (better than last year, but not really something I enjoy... at least he's cute xheat)

I expect none of these songs to make my top 20 in ESC - sorry Estonia, 0 points :(

Honorable mentions
Egert Milder - "Free Again" (what do people see in this :oops: sorry not sorry, but this is soooo boring)
Andrei Zavakin & Pluuto - "Wingman" (toxic masculinity song and video at it's worst xheat)
Karl Killing - "Kiss Me" (this will probably go far, but it just has everything I don't like in a song xstars)
Kristin Kalnapenk - "Find A Way" (a bit boring, but i like the sexy jazzy vibes here xheat)

Based on recent voting patterns in Eesti Laul I see Uki Suviste winning by a landslide with this cheesy pop song xD

Good luck :ee: xheart

Schlagerman1

Listened through and I must say that Estonia has a decent line-up, with few very bad ones. Even the singers I have troubled with in the past (Uku Suuviste and Koit Toome) are having decent songs. But if they got a ESC-winner...doubtful. Here is my top 5 though:

5th: "Time" Sissi
I love Sissis voice and I do like the build of the song. But it lacks that little extra for being that amazing gospelbanger, that raises the roof and hit the skies. But really good and a nice performance might put this all the way.

4th: "Kaos" Uku Haasma
Beautiful indierock song that really stands out in the bunch. By a lot, the best Estonian song in the bunch. Maybe lacks a strong chorus to work on the big stage, but really nice to listen to.

3rd: "Kiss Me" Karl Killing
A very nice song that feels a bit "former boyband singer turns solo", but it feels at least believable comparing to most of those. Many fans doesn't seem to like the "lonely guy with a guitar" songs, but they often end up high, maybe cause they often are pretty good in the end. :p

2nd: "Free Again" Egert Milder
I loved "Georgia on my mind" last year and this song is almost as good. Love the strong and easy to sing-a-long chorus that really sticks to my mind. Egert really has a different way to sing his songs and it makes them even better.

1st: "Lost In A Dance" Gram-Of-Fun
Love this 80s pop style in the melody and lyrics fits well as well. Makes we wanna go around and dance. I don't think it will go all the way and win Eesti Laul, but it is very charming and will do well I think. :D

So who wins? I wouldn't be surprised it will be between four guys in the end: Uku Suuviste, Koit Toome, Karl Killing and Egert Milder. With the last of the four as my choice. ;)

Loindici

Veteran
Koit Toome - We Could Have Been Beautiful (this is super radio friendly imo, I can easily see Koit placing in the charts like, everywhere)

i will wait for that time when koit enters UK official charts top 10 with this song, it'll be great ;)

Sammy

Veteran
So, after the first listen, here's my reaction:
The ones I listened to the end:
Egert Milder
Suured Tüdrukud
Kéa
Karl Killing
Hans Nayna

The ones I skipped the last 30 sec.
Jüri Pootsman
Uku Suviste
Heleza
Gram-of-fun
Helen
Sissi
Koit Toome

The ones I fell asleep while listening:
Nika Marula
Kadri Vorand (why on earth is this called "Energy"???? It's the complete opposite)
Kristin Kalnapek
Ivo Linna and whoever else

The ones I skipped after the first minute:
Alabama Watchdog
Tanja
Uku Haasma (I liked the idea of the video though, but it also gets boring after a while)
Helen
Rahel
Wiiralt
Tuuli Rand

The ones I skipped after the first 10 seconds
Andrei Zevakin & Pluuto
Redel

I'm not too exited by this line-up, but maybe I catch fire after a few more listenings.

choda

Quite interesting and fresh line up - my top 5:

1. Gram of fun
2. Heleza
3. Egert Mildee
4. Juri Potsmann
5. Uku Suviste

Kaz

I'm sorry y'all but Koit Toome's song is literally just Omar Naber - On My Way :|

Uku's song is definitely an improvement from last year, Gram-Of-Fun are the winners tho period xqueenbitch

JohnArg

Mimmon

Veteran
I'm sorry y'all but Koit Toome's song is literally just Omar Naber - On My Way :|

Uku's song is definitely an improvement from last year, Gram-Of-Fun are the winners tho period xqueenbitch
Atleast its more better than Omar....Simply 'writing for 5 years' (I know its fake explanation but I prefer this one) is terrible song....

Kairit

Heleza's song is probably the one I'd listen to the most, it's a very well-made chill bop, it's calm but has a super strong presence imo. I also really like Egert Milder's song, it feels really sincere and ... it's just a beautiful song. Gram-Of-Fun is also a bop and very contemporary in the sense that it's similar to the kind of synth pop that has become popular, though it doesn't reach any particular heights. But then of course there's Jüri, it's not one of my favourites from his repertoire, his first album is one of my all-time favourites, but I honestly want him to keep coming back to Eesti Laul and showcase his music, it's fresh, modern, cool af, miles ahead from the rest in originality whilst being fairly radio friendly.

Uku Suviste's song is almost as irritating to me as his last year's entry, it doesn't... say anything, it's bland. I don't think it was created from the heart, it doesn't have a sense of purpose other than to have a big chorus and to try to capture attention and to be a Eurovision song without actually being a good, original song nor having a particularly interesting melody. It also might be less old-fashioned than his last year's entry, but it's still old-fashioned. He needs to get away from the Russian team and actually write something truly contemporary.

Koit's song has grown on me, there's some melodies in there that are really nice... I think the song is quite cheesy over-all as in it's a bit too much, but I'd prefer him over Uku, there's a sweetness to this and I think if the production was pulled back a bit or it focused less on some of the cliches, I'd really like it. But I already like it more and more the more I listen to it. Maybe the possibility of it beating Uku is making it better :lol:

The rest are kind of... eh, though there's a couple more I'd actually gladly listen to (eg Kadri Voorand is pure class, Suured Tüdrukud is hella fun), some are completely impactless though. I do think the general quality is higher than it has been the last few years and there's also more variety than the last couple years. But I think we'll end up sending Uku :cautious: which will end up staying in the semi final at Eurovision, i can't believe it would actually stand out, it feels like the kind of song where people might think "ok, it's pretty good, nothing wrong with it" but won't actually end up voting for it, because it's not actually memorable nor even sth people actually want on their radio or spotify playlist in 2021.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
It's such a shame that it's soo obvious that they will send Uku - there's literally almost 0% he doesn't win. I mean last year he literally got almost as many televotes as all other competitors (11) together. The only way he doesn't win is if the jury puts him 7th or something (which is my hope - that means Jüri, Heleza, Egert, Gram-of-fun, Koit, Pluuto, Hans/ Karl get more jury votes - which I lowkey may happen, I can see juries appreciating those songs more than his..), so let's just hope he flops in jury votes - we just need correct jurors, which also gives me hope since Estonia often has foreign and quite modern jurors (last year they had Kazka, Kimbra and some american producers.. so I have a bit of hope

JohnArg

If he gets the 12points in televoting he will be in the second round even with 2 points in jury...

hunty73

It's such a shame that it's soo obvious that they will send Uku - there's literally almost 0% he doesn't win. I mean last year he literally got almost as many televotes as all other competitors (11) together. The only way he doesn't win is if the jury puts him 7th or something (which is my hope - that means Jüri, Heleza, Egert, Gram-of-fun, Koit, Pluuto, Hans/ Karl get more jury votes - which I lowkey may happen, I can see juries appreciating those songs more than his..), so let's just hope he flops in jury votes - we just need correct jurors, which also gives me hope since Estonia often has foreign and quite modern jurors (last year they had Kazka, Kimbra and some american producers.. so I have a bit of hope
He is favourite,but far from certain.That final 3 will depend on who he is facing.There are some popular people who can attract strong televotes here as well.You can win the televote and the jury in EL then get turned over in the final 3.Not a lot of strength in depth this year of course.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

rasmuslights

Veteran
If he gets the 12points in televoting he will be in the second round even with 2 points in jury...

no true. I mean perhaps, but no surely. To illustrate:
If Uku gets 14 points he would probably land in the 4th or 5th position.
If Jüri gets 12 points from jury + 8 from public - 20 points
If Koit gets 7 points from jury and 10 points from televote - he gets 17 overall
If Gram-of-fun get 8 points from jury and 7 points from televote they get -15 overall.
If Heleza gets 10 points from jury and 6 points from televote - she gets 15 points overall.
so he gets the 5th spot - completely plausible. So if he gets the only 2 or 3 points from jury - he should be careful

rasmuslights

Veteran
He is favourite,but far from certain.That final 3 will depend on who he is facing.There are some popular people who can attract strong televotes here as well.You can win the televote and the jury in EL then get turned over in the final 3.Not a lot of strength in depth this year of course.

true I definitely think that in the final between Koit, Uku and Jüri - Jüri could win since the demographic voting for Uku also votes for Koit, but the demographic voting for Jüri doesn't vote for either of them + Jüri would have the benefit of singing in estonian and therefore standing off even more.

Mrm

Veteran
@hunty73

xyaaay xyaaay xyaaay xkiss dear Hunty!

You are so right! :)

I'll put my money on Gram-Of-Fun!!
I gotta feelin' they can challenge everybody with this fresh entry! xlove xheart

Sammy

Veteran
Is it true that these two guys
are part of this former Eesti Laul contestants?

That would explain EVERYTHING! xrofl

Top Bottom