14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Worst Eesti Laul in years.

Apart from "6", no song was genuinely interesting to me.
Most songs sounded rather generic and basic.
I could live with "Free Again" and "We Could Have Been Beautiful".

It's actually the best Eesti Laul in years haha. Like Gram-of-fun, Heleza, Jüri and Egert would all be quality acts. Unfortunately it's between two generic songs (Koit and Uku) and I hate it here..

rasmuslights

Veteran
Such a great song, I hope so much that this is going to win. xpray

I think there is no way this is going to win :( Estonians really seem keen on Uku and Koit (judging by comments on social media).. except if juries serve the justice and put Uku and Koit outside of top 8.. otherwise if either of those go to the super final there will be no chance for any other act to win.

mauve

Veteran
I think there is no way this is going to win :( Estonians really seem keen on Uku and Koit (judging by comments on social media).. except if juries serve the justice and put Uku and Koit outside of top 8.. otherwise if either of those go to the super final there will be no chance for any other act to win.
I know. Uku is so popular, but I think his song is quite bland. Estonia is one of the countries I like a lot at ESC, but if they send Uku, I am out. :(

wtf

Estonia is one of the countries I like a lot at ESC, but if they send Uku, I am out. :(

2021 really shouldn't be the year to do it. Most countries are sending the same acts. If we don't like an artist we kinda just have to deal with it. It's not like he went to ESC and flopped and now he's already a favourite to win again. He didn't even get a chance and is now competing with a much more modern and quality entry, so I'd be rooting for him even if I didn't like the song. :)

Bsimmons

Betting odds in local bookie. Nothing really surprising to me other than I would have "Gram-of-fun" a bit higher in the list:

Capture.JPG

EscGeek

Veteran
Since my last posting in early december i've added Kea and Nika to my list of favorites and Uku swapped places with Tanja at the podium.:)

"Prison" was my "Scream" of 2020, and "The Lucky One" can become my "Prison" of 2021. xclap

Looren

Veteran
Uku is clearly the favorite for this Eesti Laul, I actually love his song even if it's nothing compared to "What Love Is" (unpopular opinion it was my 2nd favorite last year)

But I actually think that "We Could Have Been Beautiful" will win this NF, I also think that Koit can bring the top 5 in Rotterdam (and I will be happy if he does because it's a beautiful song)

My favorite is actually Hans Nayna but I think that he has no chance to win

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Listening to this.

My judgment after listening to about half of them: Destroy all the men, except for Uku.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Oh yeah and "Lost in a dance" is just INCREDIBLE. An unadultered serve of indie-synth realness, the lifeblood of pre-Rahula Eesti Laul. It makes me so happppppy ;__; Easily my fave of the season so far. (Pity it stands no chance because, lolkristelcan'tsing)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Like, legit tho. Hans is nondescript synth noise, Uku Suviste is better but his song's an overproduced/autotuned mess, Egert is so overproduced you can barely make out the melody, Karl Killing is another one of those heinous stripped-down 'sad boi' anthems, Koit Toome devolved from geriatric schlager to geriatric death ballad, Jüri's is just plain weird, the less said about "Wingman" the better.

It's not my fault the women are better in this selection.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Listening to this.

My judgment after listening to about half of them: Destroy all the men, except for Uku.

and yet you choose the worst "man" or rather song... Jüri and Egert are serving quality and some people are just ignoring them.. what a sad little world we live in

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Egert is literally a ball of overproduced, nondescript noise I forgot about the second it ended. Quality, my ass, it was average at best. I liked Georgia On My Mind. Going from that to this was a disappointment. As I said before, Jüri is just plain weird? Louge ballad with random falsettos... by a singer known to have a deep singing voice. I absolutely cannot imagine a world where that works out for the best.

Since then, some of the male acts I heard have been good, so don't worry about me turning into a Gianluca. I liked Wiiralt. I really liked the Linna's. My stand out faves are all women, though. 🤷

mauve

Veteran
Uku Haasma has indeed the best song in this section. Of course not for the masses, but I love it! Him along with "Lost in a dance" are the best. The rest? Not for me. Sorry.

Top Bottom