14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

hunty73

This looks like another very poor line up from Estonia with little quality in depth.

There are a few big names of course,and no doubt most fans will focus on them.However a name here that i find fascinating is Kadri Voorand.Easily one of the most talented artists in the Baltics.The fact she enters EL with a song called Energy really makes you sit up.She has crossed many styles and started to get noticed with jazz.She also has fantastic connections with other artists etc.
If she has a song wrote for the audience rather than herself she might challenge that to 3.She would struggle to win a straight televote though unless she really does have the best song.

njdevils94

Veteran
This looks like another very poor line up from Estonia with little quality in depth.

There are a few big names of course,and no doubt most fans will focus on them.However a name here that i find fascinating is Kadri Voorand.Easily one of the most talented artists in the Baltics.The fact she enters EL with a song called Energy really makes you sit up.She has crossed many styles and started to get noticed with jazz.She also has fantastic connections with other artists etc.
If she has a song wrote for the audience rather than herself she might challenge that to 3.She would struggle to win a straight televote though unless she really does have the best song.

Eh, we already know who is winning anyway so I gives a thumb up to Rahula for bringing in a lot of newcomers for this edition giving them a platform to make a name for themselves.

hunty73

Eh, we already know who is winning anyway so I gives a thumb up to Rahula for bringing in a lot of newcomers for this edition giving them a platform to make a name for themselves.
True,and likely the reason.There is a broad spread of genres at least.My worry is there are a lot of very in-experienced artists.Fine to give them a platform,but remains to be seen if it makes for great entertainment.Uku is the one of course and has the team and its obvious more have been involved than the stated song writers.There is a lack of big hitters in the line up who could take him down in the final 3 televote,unless we have a gem of a song of course.

Daybreak

Could you people wait with the annual whining about Eesti Laul until we've heard the songs at least?

It seems like a fairly promising lineup for me, there are a bunch of artists I wouldn't expect to see at Eesti Laul (Pluuto, Kadri Voorand, maybe Heleza and of course Ivo), I'm glad Sissi gets another chance and there appears to be a lot of musical diversity. Also, Eesti Laul has always been a platform for up-and-coming artists to promote themselves, if anything there are more established acts this year than usual.

laululind

Going by names alone, this does seem like it's Uku's for the taking. :unsure: With no Sven Lõhmus or Stig Rästa taking part, his odds of winning went up a fair bit. No Elina Nechayeva either! There are certainly some famous names, but they don't have the usual songwriters our audience always goes for. It's possible someone like Koit or Jüri will offer some competition, but I'm not really expecting a Verona-style crowd-pleaser out of them, which is what it would probably take to defeat Uku. Voorand will most likely be a jury favourite, but not sure about her mass appeal, unless she's mainstreamed her style a little.
Of course it's possible Uku's song this year won't have the same appeal as What Love Is did. Could be the case where the song is actually better, but lacks the cheesy hook our televoters like to go for. :LOL: In which case, it won't be a done deal after all. Not having heard the songs, everything is just guesswork right now anyway.

Ivo Linna could be a contender if Uku doesn't bring the cheese appeal. :unsure: Or it could happen where Uku and Ivo split the votes and someone else rises from the background! Plenty of unknowns and wild-cards who could potentially surprise. :) I'm expecting several generic radio tracks out of them like last few years, but there's always a chance someone will be a standout.

In any case, none of the names have me at the edge of my seat holding my breath, but still looking forward to hearing them all come december! :D Hopefully we'll have at least a few positive surprises, and Uku's song will be stronger & more competitive than last year! So if he does eventually win, we might stand a chance at a decent placing. :)

rasmuslights

Veteran
Going by names alone, this does seem like it's Uku's for the taking. :unsure: With no Sven Lõhmus or Stig Rästa taking part, his odds of winning went up a fair bit. No Elina Nechayeva either! There are certainly some famous names, but they don't have the usual songwriters our audience always goes for. It's possible someone like Koit or Jüri will offer some competition, but I'm not really expecting a Verona-style crowd-pleaser out of them, which is what it would probably take to defeat Uku. Voorand will most likely be a jury favourite, but not sure about her mass appeal, unless she's mainstreamed her style a little.
Of course it's possible Uku's song this year won't have the same appeal as What Love Is did. Could be the case where the song is actually better, but lacks the cheesy hook our televoters like to go for. :LOL: In which case, it won't be a done deal after all. Not having heard the songs, everything is just guesswork right now anyway.

Ivo Linna could be a contender if Uku doesn't bring the cheese appeal. :unsure: Or it could happen where Uku and Ivo split the votes and someone else rises from the background! Plenty of unknowns and wild-cards who could potentially surprise. :) I'm expecting several generic radio tracks out of them like last few years, but there's always a chance someone will be a standout.

In any case, none of the names have me at the edge of my seat holding my breath, but still looking forward to hearing them all come december! :D Hopefully we'll have at least a few positive surprises, and Uku's song will be stronger & more competitive than last year! So if he does eventually win, we might stand a chance at a decent placing. :)

tbh I also think that Uku's song will be better, but it won't have the cheese so he will lose + I do think a lot of people who would normally vote for him will also vote for Koit/Ivo, which leads me to believe Jüri will win - he hasn't released anything for a while, so this will be his huge comeback imo, he also has quite a loyal fan base, full of young people, but I also think some older people will vote for him since he will sing in Estonian.. He's my favourite so I hope he wins.

hunty73

Voorand is the obvious jury favourite as you say,hugely talented and big potential.Its likely she is doing jazz ,though like you say for her to have any chance in the final 3 televote she would need to of mainstreamed herself by a big margin.She seems to perform what she likes rather than what a wide audience would like.Still her talent alone makes her dangerous if she has the song.

opinionsigotem

Alabama Watchdog seems to be the new name of alt rock group Up The Sky (who alternatively sound like Muse and Wolfmother as the below singles show):

So that's the "alternative act that gets murdered by the televote in the EL second semi" slot all sewn up.

Mimmon

Veteran
We all know we going to hear songs today but here some links for studio versions....By time of posting this its not available yet but its set on countdown

rasmuslights

Veteran
songs leaked on cloud mail russia.. but I'm gonna wait for the music videos.. people are saying it's a strong batch of songs!

Top Bottom