15 12.4%

13 10.7%

22 18.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Estonia-scaled.jpg

eerik

Tomi Rahula should step down and issue a public apology. That is all.

tuorem

This year, Eesti Laul was so cheap both musically and visually. How can one go from the most "now" and edgiest NF to Moldovan levels of production and substance? I'm still giving a sour laugh to the promised visuals and stagings - supposed to make mediocre and similar-sounding songs more unique - which were nonexistent.

Please make Estonia great again.

eerik

This year, Eesti Laul was so cheap both musically and visually. How can one go from the most "now" and edgiest NF to Moldovan levels of production and substance? I'm still giving a sour laugh to the promised visuals and stagings - supposed to make mediocre and similar-sounding songs more unique - which were nonexistent.

Please make Estonia great again.

We all know it's because of Tomi Rahula. He's a complete fraud, a con man. He has sullied the name of Eesti Laul, and alienated local singers-songwriters. Nothing good will come out of Eesti Laul in-name-only 2020 as long as he's in charge.

Realest

I have a Feeling it will be Stefan this Year after 2 3rd Places.

wtf

Hope she takes part next year. It's about time the urban/trap trend reached Eurovision.

wtf

Bold prediction: Uku will be back with a song written by Kirkorov.

eerik

Bold prediction: Uku will be back with a song written by Kirkorov.

Sounds plausible. I bet all the entries will be Uku-level "I must get to the Eurovision or else I will die" crowd.

wtf

Sounds plausible. I bet all the entries will be Uku-level "I must get to the Eurovision or else I will die" crowd.

The rules for next year will be published by the beginning of June, the producer said. Would not be surprised if it drifts even further away from the OG Eesti Laul concept because I recall him mentioning he'd not change anything major the first year. :rolleyes: we'll see.

eerik

The rules for next year will be published by the beginning of June, the producer said. Would not be surprised if it drifts even further away from the OG Eesti Laul concept because I recall him mentioning he'd not change anything major the first year. :rolleyes: we'll see.

Rahula said already last year that he's considering ordering entries from specific people for the contest. Which is exactly what Paadam did in the last years of Eurolaul, and the reason we got Leto Svet. Good luck with that.

Alaska49

*reality show-esque chanting and booing* GET TOMI RAHULA OUT. GET TOMI RAHULA OUT.

Daybreak

Rahula said already last year that he's considering ordering entries from specific people for the contest. Which is exactly what Paadam did in the last years of Eurolaul, and the reason we got Leto Svet. Good luck with that.

It's a fallacious comparison because it ignores the general public mood towards Eurovision back in 2008, that the contest is "unfair" to Estonia and people missing the "glory days" of the late 90's. I seriously doubt any invited composers now would enter a troll song that then goes on to win large public support.

That being said, I'm not exactly in favour of inviting certain people beforehand either. It would likely lead to lots of written-for-Eurovision type songs.

wtf

Kerli liked many Eurovision related comments on her IG, even plenty that shaded Storm. "Estonia didn't deserve to qualify" among many :lol: She seemed to have liked Iceland, Austrlia and Malta as she liked comments mentioning them as well.

She also replied to a comment asking her to return with: "I’ll fuck w Amsterdam any time! One of my favorite cities ✨"

If true, 2020 is gonna be interesting.

Alaska49

the time at which i will be convinced kerli should have won over koit and laura is NEVER THOUSAND YEARS FROM NOW WHEN I AM DEAD but spirit animal has regardless gotten me on her train and i want to see her back, specially if this is her attitude xheart

LastDreamer

Banned
Bring back Kaia Tamm. ;)

wtf

Sissi could easily win Eesti Laul with a better song. The fact that she was able to make a hideous song like Strong sound amazing and bring the energy is telling.

laululind

I just wish Kerli could actually sing better. :rolleyes: Unless the song was very undemanding, it would be another case of good potential shot down by shitty vocals. Perhaps a slower ballad with no dancers could work, so she could stack up 5 backing singers behind the scenes. :lol:

Wonder who Tomi would plan to invite, if he ever implemented such a plan. :rolleyes: If those invited were actual talented people and not just random dated hacks from Eurolaul days, it wouldn't necessarily be a disaster. That said, those people would need to take their job seriously and actually send something good. If they can't really be bothered and just fish out some random unfinished album filler, they'd only be wasting a spot in the lineup. I don't think Leto Svet would happen again, as long as juries are involved.. but wasting a spot on such garbage would be sad anyway. :lol: He'd better write "no troll songs!" in the contract. :rolleyes: Or reserve the right to actually reject the song, but that would probably cut down on people taking his offer.

Top Bottom