15 12.4%

13 10.7%

22 18.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Estonia-scaled.jpg

Realest

Can we please at least keep the Estoniathread free of any Coronacomments?
And btw... Egert who?

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Which ESC songs were cheesier than this one in recent history? Iceland 2018?

Ezio

Veteran
On the one hand, this is a Run with the lions 2.0, on the other hand it gives me dark horse vibes. A nice song that is not supposed to qualify but qualifies.

laululind

Wow, Uku really is unlucky. :unsure: All the different ways he listed that he's managed to lose, and now that he finally wins.. everything goes to hell in a handbasket. I was wondering what they'd do with EL if this happened, but guess we didn't need to wait long to find out. :LOL: Making an Uku-only edition could have been an option, but guess they didn't want that. Giving him a token spot in next year's lineup maybe.. but then there's the likely possibility people would pity-vote him to victory no matter what song he had. As much as this sucks for Uku, I'd rather he didn't win with something even worse just because people felt sorry. Well, if he actually feels up to taking part next year & can find a song that will make the lineup regardless (shouldn't be too hard if current trend of selected entries continues, I'm sure Kirkorov can whip something up again), his odds of winning will be pretty big. :unsure: Whether he'll feel like trying again so soon is another matter tho'.
Eh, What Love Is was not likely to set the scoreboard on fire, but it would have been nice to see what it managed to do anyway. Oh well. :cautious:

Realest

Poor Uku, he was in my Top5 which is usually an Indicator for Success.

wtf

Can't believe the Rahula maffia stated Uku won't be sent again the moment the cancellation was announced. o_O Wouldn't you at least CONSIDER it first? Have a meeting? Wait for EBU's statement at least? Obviously most countries are offering the chance to the artists first. He and his wife are a pair of clowns.

laululind

I guess if you take the "Eesti Laul is it's own thing and going to Eurovision is just a side-bonus" approach that EL was originally conceived with, it makes sense not to cancel or completely re-do the 'main show' just because the side-bonus got cancelled. :unsure: These days EL has moved much closer to ESC again, but Tomi was taking after Purga in his statement. EL would still go on even if ESC never happened again etc.

Anyway, I'm sure Uku has followed the odds & responses to his entry this year. He probably knows his odds of doing great with What Love Is were rather limited. I'm sure he wouldn't have minded getting an automatic ticket next year tho'. I hope he'll find a great song with actual top-5 potential and come back stronger. :giggle:

wtf

Well, the backlash is already there. Even people that hated Uku's song are vocal about the injustice of it. But Eesti Laul just keeps repeating "it's not possible" in the comments. And when given evidence of other countries with national finals doing it, or saying EBU has not decided anything on the matter, they just ignore it. Clowns. They are free to decide whatever they want, but at least explain it properly, not lie about it being impossible. :rolleyes:

tuorem

Well, the backlash is already there. Even people that hated Uku's song are vocal about the injustice of it. But Eesti Laul just keeps repeating "it's not possible" in the comments. And when given evidence of other countries with national finals doing it, or saying EBU has not decided anything on the matter, they just ignore it. Clowns. They are free to decide whatever they want, but at least explain it properly, not lie about it being impossible. :rolleyes:

That's what beautiful lies are for, right? xqueenbitch

laululind

The only 'fair' option then would be cancelling EL 2021 or having a Uku-only edition. :unsure: Having EL 2021 still take place but the winner having to sit out so Uku could go would in turn be unfair to them. Besides, that could lead to some tragic results. :LOL: Imagine our next EL edition having another Goodbye to Yesterday or La Forza winning, but we're stuck sending What Love Is. I'd rather they cancelled EL in that case.
Let's have everyone sending in their songs as usual, but Uku gets to perform all of them. :LOL:

• Like It
Reactions: wtf

wtf

Update: Uku Suviste is the first official semi finalist of Eesti Laul 2021

Top Bottom