15 12.4%

13 10.7%

22 18.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Estonia-scaled.jpg

DanielLuis

By the way, several Estonians including an "Eurovision expert" have already called it a typical Eurovision song (in a positive sense) or a good fit to the contest - in other words, pretty much the same approach that BBC and the like often have. Also apparently they haven't really watched Eurovision in ten years or so.
Well they will wake up in a couple of months time. But if they're anything like the BBC, they will have promptly forgotten everything they learned by the time the 2021 NF season comes around :lol:

laululind

We'll have a better idea about his qualification chances once we have all the songs. He's certainly not hopeless, but hardly a guaranteed qualifier either. If he really does flop... all those people voting for Uku because he deserved a consolation prize or they felt sorry for him really should have waited until he had a more competitive song. :LOL: Now his heard-earned long-awaited time in the spotlight may end much sooner than it could have, with a less than glorious result. Imagine trying all those years over and over just to unceremoniously flop out in the semi when you finally get there. I guess he and Laura can start a support group if that happens, share their similar experiences. Or maybe Kirkorov can slip some juries a buck or two to help him reach the final at least. Wonder what their staging plans will be and if we'll hear about them before May. :unsure:

On the bright side, if he does flop and more unique songs end up doing well instead, maybe Tomi & our local 'eurovision experts' will take a hint and aim for some more varied songs. Won't mean our televoters will pick anything unique in the end, but would make for a cooler lineup at least. :giggle:

One way to decrease the power of televote would indeed be to do away with the superfinal. :unsure: That would be a really drastic change tho', and cost them a lot of voting bucks. :LOL: But as long as the superfinal stays, juries are almost pointless. Having no SF would have changed quite a few winners over the years..
2010 - Lenna
2014 - Super Hot Cosmos Blues Band
2017 - Kerli
2019 - Stefan
2020 - Jaagup

Most of the winners televote picked those years were flops, with only Victor reaching the final & Uku as of yet unknown. No guarantee any of the jury winners would have done any better, but we certainly can't say "juries would have killed our top 10 song, televoters were right!". :unsure: Unless Uku finishes top 10 this year, but that's not particularly likely. :LOL: But anyway, I somehow doubt they'll do away with the superfinal. Too lucrative.

wtf

I remember Normet removing details about the superfinal from the rules in 2018 and even talking about a new voting system (probably the Melodifestivalen one). But eventually we still had the same system. Probably all about money. Or he didn't want to make such a drastic change during his last year. OR he was afraid the juries would kill La Forza. The last one sounds likely, he wanted to go out with a bang.

LastDreamer

Banned
Kerli and Jaagup had bad songs.

Citelis

I see many people who said that t/v on Eesti Laul was rigged. People can't believe that Estonians could really pick this :lol:

Realest

I see many people who said that t/v on Eesti Laul was rigged. People can't believe that Estonians could really pick this :lol:

The Superfinalist got 49K Votes together, like last Year. People should finally accept that Jaagups Appeal only exists in the Fandom and that Uku was clearly better. Even in the Semi Uku wished the Floor with him.

Citelis

The Superfinalist got 49K Votes together, like last Year. People should finally accept that Jaagups Appeal only exists in the Fandom and that Uku was clearly better. Even in the Semi Uku wished the Floor with him.
Personally i'm not a fan of any of them!

LastDreamer

Banned

Iker

Veteran
Mariliis so close in the first voting round :cry:

This proves how dated/cheesy is his taste :ROFLMAO:... see where :uk: and :de: are
I have been one of the people I have posted the most here this year, and you have no idea how much I am disappointed to see "What Love Is" winning - cheesy and dated winner - it's very close to my bottom 5 atm, and I see it getting there.
I'm sad I'm not supporting Estonia after 5 following years I liked very much :ee: entries...
Estonian people... how did you allow that?

At least you cannot say that Uku is not singing songs that are musically close to his heart ... like this lovely one.

Last edited:

wtf

Apparently Luisa Sobral and Uku were coursemates at Berklee. The world is small indeed.

Uto

Veteran
Apparently Luisa Sobral and Uku were coursemates at Berklee. The world is small indeed.
Is it? This is a school for rich people, exactly the type of people who are most likely to get somewhere in the business. If you have the money to do Berklee you also probably have the money to buy your way to fame.

martin

Not sure about top 6 but can definitely qualify. Every reaction video so far, even if not overly positive, points out his good vocals and great looks, especially his eyes. It catches people's attention right away. The chorus is melodic and more instant than other ballads in this semi. The juries won't bomb it like they did with Verona because he serves vocals. Borderline qualifying is very likely. Never underestimate the grandmas who don't post on Twitter but still pick up their phones and vote.

I think he will do good in televoting. He will get good points from Nordic country, Latvia, Poland and Czech Republic. Semifinal 2 is also a much weeker semifinal and i think this entry is much more popular for ordinal People. People also forget that russian ballad normaly do it ok in eurovision. I don,t think the jury will love him, but i do think televoting will give hime enough points to save him. I could also see him get some points from Moldova, Armenia, Georgia and maybe some few points from balkan. And everyone was sure Victor would flop last year, but he get a lot of points last year from televoting.

• Like It
Reactions: wtf

wtf

We're lucky Beautiful Lie didn't win. Bulgaria is playing the Billie card so much better. And there's also Romania. Ironically, Uku's song is much more original in this context now. :ROFLMAO:

laululind

Second year in a row where our entry & the Finnish one are kind of.. in tune. :unsure: Last time we both had a middling Avicii track and this time it's a dated ballad most people dislike that beat a hot favourite in the NF. :LOL: Neighbourly camaraderie. :giggle:

Realest

Uku and Jaagup together on Stage 6 Years ago.

Top Bottom