13 10.7%

22 18.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Estonia-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
xcry i gave 0 at first, but upgraded to 1..Congrats Spain, you are not my last any more.. :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Idk what's more depressing here, the fact that they chose this big heaping pile of cheese, or the fact his entry last year 'Pretty Little Liar' is far superior in just about every way and would have made a great entry, but instead hes going with... this. 2 points.

Mrm

Veteran
Idk what's more depressing here, the fact that they chose this big heaping pile of cheese, or the fact his entry last year 'Pretty Little Liar' is far superior in just about every way and would have made a great entry, but instead hes going with... this. 2 points.
To sum it up, bring the "Storm" back.. :lol:

wtf

First few reaction videos up and people so far seem to like it. Remember the same happening with Storm. But stupid me was still in denial.. :)

And you guys are dramatic af saying Estonian televoters are terrible at their decisions. Whenever we've had actual strong options, they've won by a landslide. La Forza, Goodbye to Yesterday, Kuula, Rändajad.. If Uku won about 70% of the votes, it means the selection was weak (which is old news and belongs to December) and people simply chose a singer they know, love and trust. Easy as that. It's time to stop pretending like Spirit Animal or Beautiful Lie were anywhere near the level of the mentioned top 10 songs.

laululind

But Rändajad lost in round 1 to Laura. :unsure: Still might have won against her in the superfinal, but it's possible we wouldn't have sent Rändajad if juries hadn't taken Laura out that year. :LOL: One of those things we'll never know.

Like last year, our saving grace might be being in the weaker semi. Were we in semi 1, it would be a major uphill battle to qualify. Semi 2 has a weaker & very eclectic mix of songs so far, with more potentially to come. Uku's chance might be, like Victor last year, having one of the few 'traditional' sounding songs in the semi. If something stronger from the same genre pops up tho', he could be in trouble. And if we do make the final, it's likely to be another bottom 5. :unsure: Oh well. I don't think Jaagup would have been top 5 material, but I would feel more confident in his qualifying chances.

FilipFromSweden

I can't play devil's advocate here ... there isn't really any redeeming quality in it. It sounds like a Nickelback album reject from 2010

Citelis

Diodato will perform and can fight for victory. It won't be easy. Belgium and Germany brought good songs for me. Anyway ... be careful of the words you write! You may become unpleasant to Anaraqueen, Alaska49, Citelis and ESCTurkey! xrofl
Meanwhile i haven't said anyhting bad about Diodato recently but you can't accept the fact that some people don't like your country's entry!

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Alaska49

i need to say though, the laugh i had when i found out uku won was more than estonia could ever hope to give me in eurovision itself this year so i guess in a way eesti laul 2020 did find a way to exceed my meager expectations

they really did find a way to fuck up the unfuckupable xheart bless this shithole

Franzilein

So much Pathos... yikes.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
It's not *bad.* That's not the word I would pick. It's just...it's so confidently and aggressively dull. Usually when songs this boring come along, I have serious doubts that this is the music the artist behind it would be making if they were more fearless. Not so for Uku. He is fearlessly diving into this deeply insipid song. I *think* that makes it better but am conflicted.

5 points. What else for something that will so completely pass me by in May?

Last edited:

Daybreak

Didn't there used to be a rule that only Eesti composers are allowed to take part? Is Rahula bending another rule so whatever this song is can participate?

Anyways, it's not bad as it seems. I like it, but I can't deny this is a dated Russian ballad. I don't care about it. :2:

50% of the songwriters can be foreigners. We've had plenty of them - Victor Crone co-wrote Traffic's song this year, for example.

yuya.rooo

If this song qualifies and Verona didn’t, I’ll riot xangry
It’s so boring and bland. I thought we already had France for that this year. However, he has got a nice voice and looks handsome, at least something. I just wish he had a better song...

Bsimmons

Well the alternative is that Estonia's music scene has just got magically awful in the last two years
You didnt answer my question. I assume that is because you dont have a good answer. Not Tomi Rahula`s supporter, but I also think it is unfair to blame anyone for something he/she can not affect.

And you saying "Estonia's music scene has just got magically awful in the last two years" is like me looking out of the window and seeing -5 degrees and snow everywhere and saying. "Well the climate change clearly is a China Hoax!!!"

Top Bottom