15 12.4%

13 10.7%

22 18.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Estonia-scaled.jpg

wtf

But Synne took part last year too, and was dead last with the juries with only 4 points. :unsure: I don't recall her vocals or stage presence being miles worse a year ago, so I can only conclude the juries didn't much like her song. :LOL: Which is what I suspect might happen this year too. Majakad is a slightly better song, but will that be enough to save her from jury bottom 3?

True but Majakad is getting much more love than her last year's non-event, isn't it? Not just on this forum but on social media and among people I know. Might be half-joke and even sort of a protest vote .. but there's no denying it's much more similar to Patune Pool which Synne is known and loved for! Not long until we find out :)

LastDreamer

Banned

Music : A. Danilko *
Lyrics : S. Valtri, E. Petrov
Produced, mixed and mastered by Simon Hill

* - mostly known as Verka Serduchka.

LastDreamer

Banned
My ranking :
1. Synne Valtri and Valiharf - Majakad - :7:
2. Egert Milder - Georgia (On My Mind) - :4:
3. Laura - Break Me - :3:
4. Shira - Out In Space - :3:
5. Traffic - Uks Kord Veel - :3:
6. Uku Suviste - What Love Is - :3:
7. Uudo Sepp - I'm Sorry. I Messed Up - :3:
8. Anett and Fredi - Write About Me - :3:
9. Stefan - By My Side - :3:
10. Inger - Only Dream - :2:
11. Jaagup Tuisk - Beautiful Lie - :2:
12. Rasmus Randvee - Young - :2:

Laura ruined her Eesti Laul performance, watch it :

At least :6: points for me.

P.S : if you didn't watch my previous rankings, 7 is "very good" on my scale.

Last edited:

wtf

Seen some people mention how the stagings can't be changed cause the rules say so. Well, the rules also said they needed to send the final mixed&mastered songs right away but some artists revealed they were actually still given an extra week to make minor changes. The rules aren't fixed, pretty sure there's even one that says the producers are allowed to change them depending the circumstances.

It's not like Uku would be forced to keep the love sign or anything we saw last week. So not supporting him because of a few cheesy elements in his current staging is pointless imo. I'd rather be more worried about Jaagup winning and not knowing how the song will sound with live backing singers in Rotterdam. That's the real tea.

laululind

Seen some people mention how the stagings can't be changed cause the rules say so. Well, the rules also said they needed to send the final mixed&mastered songs right away but some artists revealed they were actually still given an extra week to make minor changes. The rules aren't fixed, pretty sure there's even one that says the producers are allowed to change them depending the circumstances.

It's not like Uku would be forced to keep the love sign or anything we saw last week. So not supporting him because of a few cheesy elements in his current staging is pointless imo. I'd rather be more worried about Jaagup winning and not knowing how the song will sound with live backing singers in Rotterdam. That's the real tea.

Why even have that rule? It's stupid & limiting. :cautious: But if they have no real intention to stick to it, why on earth write it down? They're just setting themselves up for potential problems later. I can already imagine the Delfi headlines. :LOL: "Eesti Laul rules being broken! Scandal! What does Tomi Rahula have to say?" It's not like this is something they'll be able to keep a secret or do behind the scenes.

If I loved What Love Is as a song, I probably wouldn't care about the staging that much. But since I'm pretty "meh" about it, the whole package becomes that much more important. Currently I only have what I've seen to judge it on, so that's what I'm going by. :unsure: And what I've seen hasn't impressed me, unfortunately. Sure, they might improve it later, ignore their own rules and change the whole thing. If Uku actually wins, I hope they do just that. :LOL: The song is already going to be a hard sell for the juries, adding all this basic cheese on stage really won't help. Too basic for televoters, too cheesy for juries.

With Jaagup, we know his own vocals are reasonably decent. :unsure: It might sound more empty & lame without the full choir effect, but at least the backings aren't there to hide the lead singer's lacking voice, like with Victor last year :LOL:. I'm pretty "meh" about his song as well, but the whole package so far was more interesting than Uku's.
Eh, not sure I'll be voting for anyone this year. I'll see how things look in the final & what happens after the jury vote. :giggle:

ZoboCamel

Jaagup would obviously be the best choice here in terms of potential Eurovision results, and he's probably my own personal favourite too. I'd also be rather happy if Synne managed to take the surprise win, which could (alongside Erika from Finland) give us a quite nice pair of cheesy schlager bops for the year~ And Traffic is nice too I guess.

So of the main competitors, uh... just not Uku please.

Daybreak

It will stay Nokia in my heart 4ever. :love: xcry

By the way, that place has quite an interesting history - The Solaris Centre that houses the concert hall, plus a mall and cinema, was originally the Sakala Keskus, built mostly for Communist Party events in the early 80s (although it was also used for other things later on) and apparently Estonians gave it a bunch of nicknames mocking it as a "communist cathedral"; most of it was demolished when the Solaris was built in the late 2000s.

file103313_103313.734x408.jpg
69_big.jpg

Earthland2

I think this tabel has never predicted the winner, with the exception of 2015 and GTY maybe? Or perhaps 2018 as well? But if it is any indicator, Synne will really flop with the juries.

opinionsigotem

Anett's going to be this year's INGA I think, sky high with the jury and near the bottom with the public

Also WTF this disrespect towards Synne shall not go unpunished

LastDreamer

Banned
They like to talk about the importance of Estonian culture and put a song on national language on the last place. xangry

LastDreamer

Banned
Now I know the location of famous :ee: lighthouse.

Kihnu_lighthouse1_.JPG

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It's probably best if I don't even tune in tomorrow. I'm only invested in Synne and it all seems pretty much hopeless at this point. I don't want to see one of my favourite songs from this NF season killed off by bland, bland, Satan and more bland. It would just leave me feeling upset.

I'll come back though after Uku has won to hand over 5 or 6 points to you
daydreaming.gif

Top Bottom