• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Estonia-scaled.jpg

Loindici

Veteran
Is GERMAN Greek/Lithuanian?

outsynk

In classic Sven style the lyrics are just so cringeworthy that it just pretty much ruins everything else.
I don't see a problem with his Estonian lyrics? Most of them are quite good. English lyrics I can agree with. I mean this song in particular of course has generic lyrics but nothing horrible you wouldn't expect from this kind of song.

Mrm

Veteran
Lenna might have a shot if she returns.Won female artist of the year at this years Estonia music awards.She needs something strong enough for the televote though.
I still think Liis Lemsalu could go close with the right song.She has great songs,but then goes to EL with a weak one.She maybe doesnt quite have enough to win,but you never know.I loved her Püüab meid performance at the EMA last year,just needs to be a bit tighter.
NOËP would probably win if for some reason he decided to enter,now imagine him with Iiris,,that would be something to get excited about.

EL has lost its way the last few years.The show itself is fantastic now,the final production values really good,but the songs have been lacking.Lets hope things get back on track next year.ESC needs a strong EL and Estonia.

xupxupxupxupxup

What about Kerli in your opinion?

Did you like her Eesti Laul entry and performance “Spirit Animal”?

hunty73

xupxupxupxupxup

What about Kerli in your opinion?

Did you like her Eesti Laul entry and performance “Spirit Animal”?

I did like it,it was a bit rough around the edges but would of polished up nicely for ESC.Its always hard though coming up against really popular people among the Estonian public.The first thing i look for each year is who is safe and well liked.

ESC94

I really hope the Estonians send a good song next year, their last entry i liked was "Goodbye to Yesterday", afterwards it went really downhill.:?

Loindici

Veteran
Another question regarding Eesti Laus is: will we get another Stig song?

tuorem

Another question regarding Eesti Laus is: will we get another Stig song?

The contrary would be surprising imo. Especially given how successful "Storm" was xboring Personally, the last entry I liked from him was "In Or Out", he lost me afterwards.

I thought the vintage flavour in his compositions made him stand out: now that it's gone, his recent entries sound like uninspired copies of other artists to me, which isn't the kind of evolution I'm here for. He's undoubtedly talented, but he should take a break from Eesti Laul and come back with a solid song imo. Inspiration comes and goes: unless he has a rock-solid concept in store, I'd rather he pulled a Lõhmus and took some time off.

Estonia is resourceful enough not to rely on one single songwriter. New blood would be appreciated.

Alaska49

king sven lohmus should compose the entry of every single country next year please

failing that, yes, i agree, estonia needs to trust their talent and give a chance to less known composers or even just leave stig rasta out for next year

Realest

:ee: rejected her as well.

73370610_943852039281294_1514254942850777088_n.jpg

tuorem

Self-esteem? I don't know her :lol:

Back to the topic, I genuinely cross my fingers for a better batch of songs for Eesti Laul next year: yes we had "Milline Päev", "Soovide Puu" and a few other okay songs this year, but overall everything was rather weak and sounded alike imo. I also hope that the production will improve because the shows were cheap as hell if you ask me, and there were no visuals despite what the new producer claimed when taking up his post. The fact Crone's qualification might be seen as an auspicious sign scares me a bit, for I personally don't want the NF to remain as is.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I mean, she can always try Moldova. They've eagerly accepted other countries' reject trash before, so...

Top Bottom