12 4.5%

10 3.8%

17 6.4%

3 1.1%

29 10.9%

• Total voters

SwissKung

Re: ESTONIA 2018

Both songs are really strong! Definitely the kind of song Estonia should send but they probably won't.

SpZ

Posting the list that also has the songwriters:

1. «(Can't Keep Calling) Misty», esitaja: Frankie Animal, muusika: Marie Vaigla, Jonas Kaarnamets, Jan-Christopher Soovik, sõnad: Jonas Kaarnamets
2. «Drop That Boogie», esitaja: Iiris & Agoh, muusika: Ago Teppand, Iiris Vesik, sõnad: Iiris Vesik
3. «Everybody's Dressed», esitaja: Aden Ray, muusika: Nikita Bogdanov, sõnad: Nikita Bogdanov
4. «Home», esitaja: Stig Rästa, muusika: Stig Rästa, sõnad: Stig Rästa, Fred Krieger
5. «Knock Knock», esitaja: Nika, muusika: Nika Prokopjeva, sõnad: Nika Prokopjeva
6. «Koplifornia», esitaja: Metsakutsu, muusika: Meelis Meri, sõnad: Rainer Olbri
7. «Külm», esitaja: Etnopatsy, muusika: Aile Alveus-Krautmann, sõnad: Aile Alveus-Krautmann
8. «La forza», esitaja: Elina Netšajeva, muusika: Mihkel Mattisen, Timo Vendt, sõnad: Ksenia Kuchukova, Elina Netšajeva
9. «Laura» (Walk With Me), esitaja: Vajé, muusika: Karl-Ander Reismann, sõnad: Karl-Ander Reismann
10. «Näita oma energiat», esitaja: Tiiu x Okym x Semy, muusika: Kaido Luht, Sergei Morgun, sõnad: Tiiu Kaarlõp, Meiko Umal
11. «On My Mind», esitaja: Desiree, muusika: Amiran Gorgazjan, sõnad: Amiran Gorgazjan
12. «Pseudoprobleem», esitaja: Miljardid, muusika: Miljardid, sõnad: Marten Kuningas
13. «Show A Little Love», esitaja: Rolf Roosalu, muusika: Rolf Roosalu, Priit Uustulnd, sõnad: Maian-Anna Kärmas, Rolf Roosalu
14. «Sky», esitaja: Eliis Pärna ja Gerli Padar, muusika: Imre Sooäär, sõnad: Imre Sooäär
15. «Spellbound», esitaja: Girls In Pearls, muusika: Vivi Maar, Viveli Maar, Rasmus Lill, sõnad: Vivi Maar, Viveli Maar, Rasmus Lill
16. «Täna otsuseid ei tee», esitaja: Marju Länik, muusika: Liina Saar, Herman Gardarfve, Axel Ehnström, sõnad: Marju Länik, Liina Saar, Herman Gardarfve, Axel Ehnström
17. «Tempel», esitaja: Indrek Ventmann, muusika: Allan Kasuk, Siim Koppel, Indrek Ventmann, sõnad: Allan Kasuk
18. «Thousand Words», esitaja: Sibyl Vane, muusika: Sibyl Vane, sõnad: Helena Randlaht
19. «Welcome To My World», esitaja: Evestus, muusika: Ott Evestus, sõnad: Ott Evestus
20. «Young», esitaja: Karl Kristjan & Karl Killing (ft. Wateva), muusika: Karl-Kristjan Kingi, Karl Killing, sõnad: Kris Evan Säde, Hugo Martin Maasikas, Karl Killing, Karl-Kristjan Kingi

hunty73

[MENTION=5013]eerik[/MENTION] ,what do you think of this one?,really scratching my head at this list.

Yoni

Going to be cheering for these girls xcheer

LastDreamer

Banned

Marju Lanik for Eurovision xlove xcheer

wtf

I really hope Etnopatsy will win. It's exactly the type of song that would make it to top 10 (if not top 5) at Eurovision. The positive feedback it's already received is crazy.

It would honestly be our new Rändajad. Just with the ethnic element added, which is only a plus at Eurovision. And knowing Antsud from last year, their show will definitely be amazing.

Anyways, I think this year is gonna be very interesting because there are no big names. Last year we know from the start that Laura/Koit and Kerli would be in the superfinal and we also had names like Lenna, Elina Born and Liis Lemsalu. Considering Kerli didn't win, I don't think Iiris will have any real chances. I think the songs will play a very big role this year. This is why I already have hopes for Etnopatsy. I guess Marju will also have a strong song, and Rolf might have a chance. But that's pretty much all for the names.

edit: forgot Stig Rästa. Sigh. I just think the Estonians are sort of over him. It's sad he can't stay away for a year or two. Elina already got her last place with a very strong song.

henhu

For me, Külm is by far the worst song so far... Unbearably annoying and boring at the same time.
My favourite is Everybody's Dressed.

eerik

[MENTION=5013]eerik[/MENTION] ,what do you think of this one?,really scratching my head at this list.

Hey, sorry for being a month late to the party.

Anyways, my initial reactions were positive.

+ None of the recent "Your Face Sounds Familiar" contestants (e.g. Tanja 2014, Koit Toome & Laura 2017) on the list.
+ No Sven Lõhmus.
+ Only one (I think?) song from Eesti Laulu Akadeemia songwriting camp, and that's on the token 50+ y/o artist spot.
+ No foreign hack songwriters beside that one.
+ More local Russian minorities involved, though none in Russian language.

After having a chance to listen to the songs my thoughts were more mixed.

+ If Elina can nail the live performance then I can see "La Forza" winning.
+ "Näita oma energiat" is much better than I expected and not going to be a total trainwreck live, I hope.
+/- "Welcome to My World" is much more laidback and more of a conventional pop song than what I've known Evestus for previously.
- Based on the title I thought "Laura (Walk With Me)" was an obvious reference to Twin Peaks, and inspired by Angelo Badalamenti and David Lynch, but now I doubt the boys have even heard of them before.
- Iiris is a huge let down.

hunty73

Hey, sorry for being a month late to the party.

Anyways, my initial reactions were positive.

+ None of the recent "Your Face Sounds Familiar" contestants (e.g. Tanja 2014, Koit Toome & Laura 2017) on the list.
+ No Sven Lõhmus.
+ Only one (I think?) song from Eesti Laulu Akadeemia songwriting camp, and that's on the token 50+ y/o artist spot.
+ No foreign hack songwriters beside that one.
+ More local Russian minorities involved, though none in Russian language.

+ "Näita oma energiat" is much better than I expected and not going to be a total trainwreck live, I hope.
+/- "Welcome to My World" is much more laidback and more of a conventional pop song than what I've known Evestus for previously.
- Based on the title I thought "Laura (Walk With Me)" was an obvious reference to Twin Peaks, and inspired by Angelo Badalamenti and David Lynch, but now I doubt the boys have even heard of them before.

Thanks eerik,its a very interesting year and like you say they seem to of made sure a safe "name" doesnt win by keeping them all out.More likely a good song wins.Are the songs all in one place anywhere or is it a case of hunting them all down?

eerik

Are the songs all in one place anywhere or is it a case of hunting them all down?

The songs are not public yet. ERR will publish them next Monday and Tuesday (semifinal 1 and 2 respectively).

wtf

Not again. :( First Kerli, then Iiris, coming to the contest with random pop album leftovers.

You make La Forza seem really promising. What about Rolf's song though? And Marju, ain't she a contender for the victory?

hunty73

Not again. :( First Kerli, then Iiris, coming to the contest with random pop album leftovers.

You make La Forza seem really promising. What about Rolf's song though? And Marju, ain't she a contender for the victory?

Amazing isnt it wtf.Iiris had an incredible album and is a huge talent.You would think she would of kept a song back these last couple of years that could challenge the win.She has been living over here in the UK of course and doing her own thing,but if her song is weak its such a waste.She is very visual though so we will have to see how it looks as well as sounds.

henhu

I always thought La Forza could be amazing. Now I am even more excited for next week.

eerik

Yeah, to me "Drop That Boogie" shares a similar attitude with "Hey Kiddo" from last year. Not the Iiris that I've liked over the years.

"La forza's" big positive for me is that it is played 100% seriously througout the song, without any campy or kitschy elements like, say, "La Voix" or "It's My Life" we've seen at the ESC.

Rolf's song is like a bad copy of "Off the Wall"-era Michael Jackson. I don't know why it exists.

Marju Länik has no chances. Can't see her getting any sympathy votes either like Ivo Linna perhaps got last year. Her legacy is "Karikakar", while Ivo Linna is "Eestlane olen ja eestlaseks jään"...

henhu

Yeah, to me "Drop That Boogie" shares a similar attitude with "Hey Kiddo" from last year. Not the Iiris that I've liked over the years.

"La forza's" big positive for me is that it is played 100% seriously througout the song, without any campy or kitschy elements like, say, "La Voix" or "It's My Life" we've seen at the ESC.

Rolf's song is like a bad copy of "Off the Wall"-era Michael Jackson. I don't know why it exists.

Marju Länik has no chances. Can't see her getting any sympathy votes either like Ivo Linna perhaps got last year. Her legacy is "Karikakar", while Ivo Linna is "Eestlane olen ja eestlaseks jään"...

How were Young and Sky?

eerik

How were Young and Sky?

I think "Sky" might be one of the production team (non-jury) picks to make the show a bit more dynamic. And by that I mean it is a slow and quiet, inoffensive piano+guitar ballad. I can already imagine the panning shots of audience waving glowing sticks/lit phone screens in their hands.

"Young" is pretty much what you'd expect from them after "Have You Now", just take the girl out of course.

laululind

Too bad they're doing the "1 song every hour" thing again to release the songs. Was hoping they'd make a more compact presentation show. What's the point in dragging it out for so long?

To pester eerik with another question.. what about Stig Rästa's song? Based on name alone, he'd be one of the frontrunners. :rolleyes: You reckon he's in the running?

eerik

"Home" is a sweet and clichéd lovesong for Stig's wife, but I'm sure it will work on other women as well. :lol: I can see it doing well, kind of safe though.

Top Bottom