12 4.5%

10 3.8%

17 6.4%

3 1.1%

29 10.9%

• Total voters

SpZ

Re: ESTONIA 2018

One of the bigger problems with Eesti Laul is how the juries work. Verona would have won Eesti Laul even if it would have been last with juries as the jury power is so diminished they would have had enough points to reach the top 3 even if they would have received 1 from the jury. No point in having the jury if it actually has no impact on the winner.

hijirio

Veteran

I loved spirit animal but judging from the views of the videos, it didn't live up to the expectations.
Most of her songs have more views than that one, which shows that it would have zero success had it not been selected for eesti laul.
I want Kerli to offer a strong song for the contest.

This would have won the contest !
Jury winner, at least.

hunty73

Is this MAHAVOK the same one thats been going for decades/80s?.Is Anet Vaikmaa their vocalist now on all their songs?.

Also is Laula mu laulu on again soon?.

Will Bluestocking ever make a comeback?

Will Karl Erik Taukar enter and win EL next year?

eerik

Is this MAHAVOK the same one thats been going for decades/80s?.Is Anet Vaikmaa their vocalist now on all their songs?

I don't know the exacty dynamics of Mahavok other than that is Heini Vaikmaa's band and that Anet is his daughter. They're pretty irrelevant nowadays, though they had a small resurgence some years ago when they toured with Kare Kauks again (their 80s vocalist) agian, if I remember correctly.

hunty73

I don't know the exacty dynamics of Mahavok other than that is Heini Vaikmaa's band and that Anet is his daughter. They're pretty irrelevant nowadays, though they had a small resurgence some years ago when they toured with Kare Kauks again (their 80s vocalist) agian, if I remember correctly.

Thanks eerik.I saw Anet on ERR with Mahavok and remember them from many years ago.I was listening to Kauges külas and it popped up on the side :)

Mickey

I loved spirit animal but judging from the views of the videos, it didn't live up to the expectations.
Most of her songs have more views than that one, which shows that it would have zero success had it not been selected for eesti laul.

Kerli used to have a record deal with a big American label, so her older songs would naturally reach a wider audience than something that only got exposure in the Estonian market and with committed Eurofans.

eerik

Getter Jaani signed with Universal Music Baltics and will release a new, Lõhmus-free single called "Seomething Good" on Friday. Mark her down as one of the contenders for Eesti Laul 2018.

hunty73

Getter Jaani signed with Universal Music Baltics and will release a new, Lõhmus-free single called "Seomething Good" on Friday. Mark her down as one of the contenders for Eesti Laul 2018.

Iv always rated her highly eerik.People think of her as lightweight but she is far better than that.When i saw her perform Marju Läni's Mäng i thought that showed how she could do much more emotional complicated songs.Universal will manage her better i expect.Iv got Karl-Erik Taukar down as a big challenger next year if he is in.If by some miracle Curly Strings entered with something like Kättemaks i would of course be in heaven.I know its not happening,but pre-season tis the time to dream :lol:

eerik

Same shit, different day. I just hope more effort is put into those reveal webcasts this year. Last year they were really no-budget with insultingly ignorant Q&A sections.

SpZ

Eesti laul songwriters camp happened this week (the horribe horrible camp). Among the following people took part:

Koit Toome
Maian
Ott Lepland
Jüri Pootsmann
Liisi Koikson
Lenna
Tuuli Velling
Joosep Eendra

Among the producers/songwriters you had
Priit Uustulnd, Bert Prikenfeldt, Taavi Paomets, Allan Kasuk, Reket, Martin Saaremägi, Liina Saar, Aminata, Tara Priya, Leo Jupiter, Tom-Olaf Urb

eerik

the horribe horrible camp

Oh it's not that bad. The problem is they team up people with different ideas and audiences, so they end up with heavily compromised, totally inoffensive final products.

SpZ

Oh it's not that bad. The problem is they team up people with different ideas and audiences, so they end up with heavily compromised, totally inoffensive final products.

= mostly horrible songs.

jaan

Deadline is tomorrow! Some possible songs:

Not sure about this ones, but they are exactely 3 minutes long:

Realest

Just found this on Wiwibloggs:

Eesti Laul 2018 participants

Frankie Animal — “(Can’t Keep Calling) Misty“
Iiris & Agoh — “Drop That Boogie”
Aden Ray — “Everybody’s Dressed“