13 6.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ESTONIA.png

tumblr_o0izbaIHJV1s6yqobo1_1280.jpg

:ee: Jüri Pootsmann - Play :ee:

Meet & Greet:

Jüri Pootsmann (born 1 July 1994), is an Estonian singer. He won the sixth season of Eesti otsib superstaari, and will represent Estonia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song "Play".

Known for his deep and sultry tone, Jüri's style of music ranges from pop-rock to soul. Pootsmann is one of the most promising male singers in Estonia, having a mixed genre style and varied vocal range.
In November of 2015 Jüri released his first EP Jüri Pootsmann, produced by Sten Sheripov with co-author Vaiko Eplik and co-producer Kim W. His first LP is planned for mid-2016. He is signed to Universal Music Baltics.

Source: Last.fm

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: ESTONIA 2016

Can't help thinking we'll be in Tallinn this time next year now :mrgreen:

eerik

After a really shit year of Eesti Laul we are bound to have a good selection of songs this time!

/wishfulthinking

DanielLuis

After a really shit year of Eesti Laul we are bound to have a good selection of songs this time!

/wishfulthinking

It's true, you ended up with a gret song in 2015 but the level of the NF was pretty low.

eerik

Current limit is three submissions per songwriter and three submissions per performer, which should be lowered to two for both (or even one). Poor pre-selection jurors have to spend hours listening to complete horseshit because most of the entrants have no self-critisism and send as much crap as they can, hoping something will get through.

henhu

I hope Stig will write our 2016 entry.

carl1

I hope we become more consistent. We are capable of being in the left side of the scoreboard every year not in every 3 years. I really hope we dont go back to being average again.

eerik

Liis Lemsalu finally released the song she did for Eesti Laul 2014 (or was it 2013?).

henhu

I am sure that Elina will not participate again. But Traffic with Stig is quite possible in my opinion.

lilka

I am sure that Elina will not participate again. But Traffic with Stig is quite possible in my opinion.

Why?

Kairit

Well, she might in a few years.. :D

Earthland

Let's be honest, GTY was perhaps the best Estonian entry ever and we're not going to get another song as good no time soon ... it's such a shame that rändajad and kuula scored better and Elina and Stig :( .

carl1

Let's be honest, GTY was perhaps the best Estonian entry ever and we're not going to get another song as good no time soon ... it's such a shame that rändajad and kuula scored better and Elina and Stig :( .

I agree, my biggest fear is that we are going back to the averageness of 2014 and 2013.
I am begging for a good lineup for eesti laul 2016 xpray

Joni

I bet Wilhelm will be there once again..

Kairit

I don't think we'll have anything that matches GTY anytime soon either. I hope we'll just go with our hearts and choose something different but good, at least. Just a sincerely great goddamn song. Not something pretty, but averagely boring like 2013 or something that "should" work well in Eurovision like 2014. Those were pretty much failures. In 2014 Estonians really liked SHCBB, we should've just gone with that. In 2013 there were lots more interesting ones as well. But oh well, should've-would've-could've. I do kinda have higher hopes now, though. That we'll be able to make a good decision and that there'll be a strong selection without any Eurovision-y fakeness, or just please dear god that the public won't fall for that Eurovision-y fakeness.
(And I really hope there's not gonna be any fanwanking of a Sven Lõhmus entry again also, gosh.. Tasted serenity and escaped from it for one year at least. Rändajad is the only good thing he's done :? Because Rändajad just had it's own magic.. I hope he won't be back xpray.. Unless it's something actually great, but I doubt it. His songs are just such a hit or miss. I don't know why people like them. Usually his songs have some very good parts, but then it all gets flushed down the toilet, usually with the refrain. Some stuff he does for Laura is mostly good, but.. Lately they sound just all the same and uninspired).

Earthland

Yes, I hope no Lõhmus too ... I mean, I first thought that Rockefeller street is quite good, but now I think it was really only a little better than Suntribe's "Let's get loud" ... like "Let's get loud" in disguise, lol.

Actually I have a little bit hope for 2016: now that Stig brought such a classy entry to eesti laul, maybe more professional estonian artists are willing to bring good material to the contest also?

Francis

I hope Sandra will be back though she's probably moved on.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Stig should bring Traffic back and get to Eurovision again with a better song

Top Bottom