Contact us

~* Spain | España *~ Adiós :>>>

Amir

Veteran
:es: :es: :es: :es: :es: :es: SPAIN :es: :es: :es: :es: :es: :es:

gX9t9Ns.png

La Era De Amir

WV143 Chongqing: Lennis Rodriguez - Vamos Pa' La Calle | SF1: 65 points - place 8 | Final: place 19 (97 points)
WV144 Bologna: María Isabel - Mi Jarana | SF2: 37 points - place 19 | Final: DNQ
WV145 Novi Pazar: Yanela Brooks feat. Brian Cross - Mondays | SF1: 92 points - place 4 | Final: place 9 (122 points)
WV146 Suwon: Álvaro de Luna - Juramento Eterno De Sal | SF1: 53 points - place 12 | Final: DNQ
WV147 St. John's: Sweet California - Whisper | SF1: 75 points - place 8 | Final: place 21 (91 points)
WV148 Xi'an: Mariah Angeliq, Bad Gyal, Maria Becerra - Bobo | SF2: 54 points - place 12 | Final: DNQ
WV149 Lodz: Lole Y Manuel - Tu Mirá | SF1: 27 points - place 23 | Final: DNQ
WV150 Kanto: Amor Romeira - Blanca Navidad | SF1: 40 points - place 22 | Final: DNQ
WV151 Aspen: Tanxugueiras - Figa | SF1: 111 points - place 1 | Final: WINNER (189 points)
WV152 Barcelona: Bad Gyal - Pussy | SF: PQ | Final: place 25 (64 points)
WV153 Belgium: Shakira - Te Aviso, Te Anuncio | SF1: 100 points - place 1 | Final: WINNER (167 points)
WV154 Madrid: Supremme de Luxe - Gettin' High | SF: PQ | Final: place 22 (78 points)
WV155 Bremen: Ana Mena, Rocco Hunt - Un Beso De Improviso | SF1: 73 points - place 9 | Final: place 14 (109 points)
WV161 Serbia: India Martinez - La Gitana | SF2: 76 points - place 7 | Final: place 21 (91 points)
WV162 Death Valley: Chanel - Toke | SF1: 68 points - place 8 | Final: place 13 (100 points)
WV163 Potsdam: Ana Mena, Belinda - LAS 12 | SF2: 72 points - place 7 | Final: place 2 (152 points)
WV180 Cathedral City: Alok feat. Au/Ra - Side Effect | SF1: 34 points - place 21 | Final: DNQ
WV181 Spa: Charo - España Cañi | SF1: 47 points - place 16 | Final: DNQ
WV182 Tórshavn: Ana Mena - Madrid City | SF1: 73 points - place 6 | Final: place 3 (154 points)
WV183 Seville: Aitana - Los Ángeles | SF: PQ | Final: place 5 (130 points)

Last edited:

Ausesken

Olga, this band is famous / known in Spain?

I heard the cover of "Havana", it's brutal
Well, metal fans do know them, but overall it’s not a famous band.

More info: the band is from Tarragona (Catalonia), the singer Jessie Williams is from Bristol :uk: but moved to Barcelona (I don’t know if she grew up here or not), and the drummer Ra Tache is from Brazil :br:

And Jessie Williams might sound familiar to you all because she appeared in the music video of a previous Spanish entry in WV: Adictium (Débler) :lol:

Ausesken

I wanted to thank you for all the points I got despite they weren't enough to qualify. I was very close, though, so thank you xhug It feels good that at least I bring new discoveries to others :lol:

Do not underestimate Spain though. It will come back stronger next edition, if nothing changes with coronavirus.

Stay safe xkiss

Edit: and yes, I will keep sending hip songs!! And in Spanish, that are worse.

Gabor77

So sad it didn't qualify :(
Great entry, I thought that the risk (rap combined with metal) will pay off.
I've never heard anything similar to this. While ranking the songs I kept switching Wales and Spain for first and ended up putting Spain second! xcrazy
Please keep sending great entries like this :)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Your entry this edition was such a ballsy choice. It really wasn't my thing at all (despite loving rock and hip hop) but when it came down to voting I felt compelled to give it something. Frustrating to see it come so close.

I wonder if Spain has a good alternative hip hop scene actually? The trippy, old school kinda stuff I lean more towards.. I'm curious now.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I wouldn't say good :lol: you mean something like this?

Yes, this has got a nice vibe xmusic Certainly fits the old school side of my taste. I've wanted to hold a hip hop NF for the longest time, but I feel like literally three people would be interested. I did though a long time ago manage 15th in the final with my favourite hip hop collective, Doomtree.. so maybe selling hip hop isn't entirely impossible. That Rancore San Remo hype this year too xheat

Ausesken

Yes, this has got a nice vibe xmusic Certainly fits the old school side of my taste. I've wanted to hold a hip hop NF for the longest time, but I feel like literally three people would be interested. I did though a long time ago manage 15th in the final with my favourite hip hop collective, Doomtree.. so maybe selling hip hop isn't entirely impossible. That Rancore San Remo hype this year too xheat
I'm not really a hip hop person, but let's say that hip hop doesn't prevent me from enjoying the song if the rest is good! You should definitely do that NF, even if you end up cancelling it :lol: I believe people get used to genres when they listen to them many times, and if we don't have many hip songs in WV they will never get used to it and it will always be a flop choice XD

Gabor77

I'd be interested a lot xheat

JSSArcos

Sorry??? ..... how it didn’t qualifyxdiablo I don’t understand xangry, it deserved so much to go to the final and receive my 12 in the Final xheart

Thank you so much for this brutal entry, one of the best discoveries in WordVision xheat You made a great choice hermana x12pointsxrunhug

Ausesken

I'm considering different songs for the next edition. What I can already say is that it will be a returning artist :cool: Edit: no returning artist as I changed mind XD

Also, I wanted to ask you to send me suggestions by PM. Of course, my list of songs is already huge, but recently I wondered how many songs I still don't know, or I have heard, liked, but didn't save them because I completely ignore Spotify, I barely 'like' videos on Youtube, etc :ROFLMAO: Or also because they are old songs that are abandoned in a corner of my memory. I will only send those that fit my taste and I feel comfortable sending them, so don't take it personally if you don't see your suggestion in WV XD.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
omg I have like 957947 songs but literally can't find any to suggest. I need to prepare a suggestion or something x

Ausesken

I tell you, I'm sending a song that makes me emotional everytime I listen to it. It has been in my list of candidate songs for a very long time, but the situation we are living most of us made me appreciate it even more. The lyrics are not easy to translate for me, so in due time I will just explain the general message of the song. From the video it is not very difficult to guess anyway.

Ausesken

DANI MARTÍN
Qué bonita la vida (Life is so beautiful)

Life is not always easy. Sometimes it gets very tough and makes you feel terrible. But life is also a gift full of joy, happiness and love. Life takes away people from us and it breaks our hearts, but it also brings new little souls and new people to give our love and to share moments with. Sometimes life makes us fall over, makes us feel we are very little, but some other times it makes us succeed and get what we wish. Life is full of ups and downs, people that come and go, but life is, above all, a beautiful gift.

It is almost impossible for me listening to this song and not getting emotional. Now that we see so many people leaving us, now that we can’t meet our family and friends, that we can’t hug each other, it’s important making sure we will treasure every moment we have spent and will spend with them. It’s also important we don’t give up, because life always smiles to us sooner or later.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
What a lovely message you've written with your song. It's times like this that put life into perspective a bit and make you realise how fragile it is, so treasure every moment and day.

Ausesken

R O S A L Í A
N F

For the next edition Spain is going a bit experimental by sending an artist that has changed the Spanish music scene: la Rosalía. She is well known by her dance performances and because her second album, El Mal Querer, tells a whole story of medieval origin along with a unique mix of tradition embodied by flamenco and modernity of trap.

The NF is also a bit experimental, and if for some reason it doesn't go as planned I will have to pospone it to think it better.

How is the NF divided?
This is the preliminary phase of the NF. This will help me decide what kind of music by Rosalía should be in the final.

There are 3 categories that represent the evolution of the artist in her career so far:

1. Rosalía origins: might be of the like of pots C, D, E, F.
2. Rosalía experimental: could be of the like of A, B, C, D. It depends a lot on everyone's taste.
3. Rosalía reggaeton: basically for pots A and B.

How do I vote?
- You take a fast listen to the songs and choose one category. You will vote only for the songs of this group. The goal is not making you think too much about songs you don't like at all, and also not lowering their score for nothing.
- You have to score the songs from 1 to 10 (decimals are allowed). Note that if there isn't any song you like, it's better you don't vote in this NF.

I like more than one group. Can I vote in both?
Yes, but only if you really like both. I will not accept that you vote in a 2nd or 3rd group only to give all the songs there a 5 or a 6 out of 10.

CATEGORY 1: ROSALÍA ORIGINS

CATEGORY 2: ROSALÍA EXPERIMENTAL

CATEGORY 3: ROSALÍA REGGAETON

Remember: fast listen > choose category/ies > score from 1 to 10 the songs in this category.
Deadline: April 21st 23.59 CET

Mentions (if they work):
@Amir @anaraqueen @as78 @AshleyWright @cegs5 @Charly @CypriotGirl @daniels1000 @dogmeat @esc87fan @Eulaliya @EurovisionSmile @FabiESC @fer20 @ferret @Fierro @Gabe @Gabor77 @Genesis @Gera11 @Gogerko @Grinch @JChan @Journalist @JSSArcos @kopachka @Krishoes @Lupus @Mainshow @marc @Mike @Milos-BC @nekoisneko @NikolaiMoller @RainyWoods @revallsay @Romeo @SaladBreak @Staewi @Stargazer @Steffan @Sultana @theCONWEL @theditz83 @whiteshoes @ZoboCamel @Zonne147

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
oooo this is an interesting concept. I shall vote.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
My brain is too fried right now to wrap my head around the concept (I literally cannot read) but oh my gosh, Rosalia!!!!! She's who I was hoping you'd sent that time you did the word teaser. I'm not totally familiar with all her stuff but from what I've heard she's really interesting, and a bold choice. You'll have my vote of course. Looking forward to this!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Olga: Don't over think it.

Me: *overthinking it*
giphy.gif

Top Bottom