Contact us

~* Spain | España *~ Adiós :>>>

Amir

Veteran
:es: :es: :es: :es: :es: :es: SPAIN :es: :es: :es: :es: :es: :es:

gX9t9Ns.png

La Era De Amir

WV143 Chongqing: Lennis Rodriguez - Vamos Pa' La Calle | SF1: 65 points - place 8 | Final: place 19 (97 points)
WV144 Bologna: María Isabel - Mi Jarana | SF2: 37 points - place 19 | Final: DNQ
WV145 Novi Pazar: Yanela Brooks feat. Brian Cross - Mondays | SF1: 92 points - place 4 | Final: place 9 (122 points)
WV146 Suwon: Álvaro de Luna - Juramento Eterno De Sal | SF1: 53 points - place 12 | Final: DNQ
WV147 St. John's: Sweet California - Whisper | SF1: 75 points - place 8 | Final: place 21 (91 points)
WV148 Xi'an: Mariah Angeliq, Bad Gyal, Maria Becerra - Bobo | SF2: 54 points - place 12 | Final: DNQ
WV149 Lodz: Lole Y Manuel - Tu Mirá | SF1: 27 points - place 23 | Final: DNQ
WV150 Kanto: Amor Romeira - Blanca Navidad | SF1: 40 points - place 22 | Final: DNQ
WV151 Aspen: Tanxugueiras - Figa | SF1: 111 points - place 1 | Final: WINNER (189 points)
WV152 Barcelona: Bad Gyal - Pussy | SF: PQ | Final: place 25 (64 points)
WV153 Belgium: Shakira - Te Aviso, Te Anuncio | SF1: 100 points - place 1 | Final: WINNER (167 points)
WV154 Madrid: Supremme de Luxe - Gettin' High | SF: PQ | Final: place 22 (78 points)
WV155 Bremen: Ana Mena, Rocco Hunt - Un Beso De Improviso | SF1: 73 points - place 9 | Final: place 14 (109 points)
WV161 Serbia: India Martinez - La Gitana | SF2: 76 points - place 7 | Final: place 21 (91 points)
WV162 Death Valley: Chanel - Toke | SF1: 68 points - place 8 | Final: place 13 (100 points)
WV163 Potsdam: Ana Mena, Belinda - LAS 12 | SF2: 72 points - place 7 | Final: place 2 (152 points)
WV180 Cathedral City: Alok feat. Au/Ra - Side Effect | SF1: 34 points - place 21 | Final: DNQ
WV181 Spa: Charo - España Cañi | SF1: 47 points - place 16 | Final: DNQ
WV182 Tórshavn: Ana Mena - Madrid City | SF1: 73 points - place 6 | Final: place 3 (154 points)
WV183 Seville: Aitana - Los Ángeles | SF: PQ | Final: place 5 (130 points)

Last edited:

Ausesken

Re: ESPAÑA | WV #112 | Lola Indigo - Fuerte

Btw if someone wondered, in the centre there's an Iberian lynx, the world's most endagered cat. Its population has increased in the last years thanks to a preserving programme, but they are still endangered. More info: http://lynx.panda.org/

Another good news is that an Eurasian lynx was born recently in the Catalan Pyrenees, the first one in the last century. There is also a programme to preserve the bears of the Pyrenees, although France is doing bigger efforts than Spain in this.

#Spanishwildlife :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

See, you have the one thing I lack quite a bit of (at least when it comes to new things) which is patience. I feel the same way about greenrooms as you do. It’s a nice space we’ve got to personalise a bit. It’s one of my favourite aspects of the contest actually. It’s sweet how you’ve dedicated yours to the entire history of Spain at the contest.

Also thank you for taking the survey :lol: I've already read your answers and I add to you another question here: if a song is not in English but has subtitles, it's the same to you?

Well, one of my pet peeves are lyric videos. I don’t like lyrics popping up on the screen as I’m listening to music. I guess it’s different though when it’s translating the song into a language I understand. Having said that though, I would still probably be trying to focus more on the song and what it sounds like, rather than how good I perceive its lyrics to be. Also, it’s often hard to get across the true feeling and poetic beauty a song might possess in its original language when doing a direct translation. As I said in the survey, I think I’m much more likely to be picky over a singers voice than what they’re actually singing about. I guess not particularly caring about lyrics is the Eurovision fan in me on full display:lol:

Ausesken

1. I thought I had clear what I was going to send for WV113 but now I don't know :lol: as always
2. I already know the date of one of my examinations, so until then (and probably more, because I will make 3 of them and don't know the dates of the others) I prefer to be a bit absent from the forum. I will take part anyway, because I know I won't be studying 24/7, but I will set aside promotions and social interaction. You are still free to make any comment about the entry here.

My 100% will be back soon! xwave

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Congrats on your top 10 Olga! Your entry slaps, and the result was deserved. :D

Ausesken

Congrats on your top 10 Olga! Your entry slaps, and the result was deserved. :D

Thank you Ashley! xlove it's the second time I guess your position, you should ask me every edition if you wanna know :cool: :lol:
Btw I'm sorry I'll be missing your spin-off :( it looked interesting

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Thank you Ashley! xlove it's the second time I guess your position, you should ask me every edition if you wanna know :cool: :lol:
Btw I'm sorry I'll be missing your spin-off :( it looked interesting

I'll be going to you next edition for sure, I need all that hot goss on where I will be placing. :D

Excuse me, you mean that spin off I had forgotten even existed because of the results? Well how very dare you miss it. But I understand. Maybe i'll make the deadline several months long so you don't miss out. :D

Ausesken

I'll be going to you next edition for sure, I need all that hot goss on where I will be placing. :D

Excuse me, you mean that spin off I had forgotten even existed because of the results? Well how very dare you miss it. But I understand. Maybe i'll make the deadline several months long so you don't miss out. :D

:lol: great, I think by the end of November I will have done the exams :D I want to know what people think I like (perhaps they already know I’ve discovered the hotness of songs in parseltongue).

Ausesken

Re: ESPAÑA | WV #113 | Nino Bravo - Un beso y una flor

Finally I could take a bit of time after a marathon of study xheat

WV 113
NINO BRAVO
Un beso y una flor

I thought Nino Bravo deserved to be the 100th entry. Perhaps you still remember the other song I sent, "Libre". That one was about freedom. This one, "Un beso y una flor", is about farewell; about someone that has to leave his beloved ones to move to a very distant place and promises he will eventually return.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to translate the lyrics, I wish you could appreciate how beautiful they are... It's just poetry xheart

cegs5

Lyrics in English

I'll leave my land for you
I'll leave my fields and I will go
far from here.
Weeping, I'll cross the garden
and with your memories, I will go
far from here.

By day I'll live thinking about your smiles
by night the stars shall keep me company.
You will be like a light shining down on my path
I go now, but I swear that tomorrow I'll be back.

At the moment of leaving, a kiss and a flower
an "I love you", a caress
and a goodbye.
It's a scant luggage
for such a long trip.
Sorrows weigh heavy in the heart.

Beyond the sea, there'll be a place
where the sun is brighter
each morning.
My fate will be forged
by the stones on the path.
What is beloved to us
will always be left behind.

I will look for a place for you
where the heaven joins the sea
far away from here.
With my hands and your love
I will manage to find another dream,
far away from here.

By day I'll live thinking about your smiles
by night the stars shall keep me company.
You will be like a light shining down on my path
I go now, but I swear that tomorrow I'll be back.

At the moment of leaving, a kiss and a flower
an "I love you", a caress
and a goodbye.
It's a scant luggage
for such a long trip.
Sorrows weigh heavy in the heart.

Beyond the sea, there'll be a place
where the sun is brighter
each morning.
My fate will be forged
by the stones on the path.
What is beloved to us
will always be left behind.

cegs5

... please win.

This song leave me in tears all the time, such a classic of the Spanish-speaking music.

Ausesken

Woah, thank you so much [MENTION=10140]cegs5[/MENTION] for the translation!! xheart

Indeed, this is a very emotional song, especially for those that know what leaving their country means. I noticed that people from Venezuela commented in the video that this song became very meaningful to them...

Ausesken

Re: ESPAÑA | WV 114 | Beret - Lo siento feat. Sofía Reyes

Making a pause in my reading to update the Green Room.

B E R E T
LO SIENTO
"I'm sorry"

FEAT. SOFÍA REYES

I decided to send this version, and not the original one with just Beret, because I think the female voice suits this ballad and it has a decent videoclip, while the other version only has a lyrics video. Perhaps you won't agree with my choice, but anyway I hope you like it.

Edit: just saw it was a flop in the LL :lol: weeeell... see you in WV115​

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

pfft LLs know nothing and very one sided taste wise. Lovely song, Olga. xheart It's so great, and Sofia compliments it so well.

Ausesken

I told you, my draw was terrible XD thank you anyway for the points xheart it's the 2nd time I've been so close in both regular and REJU (and it's very more frustrating).

Well, moving on: I'll be thinking what to send next. Hot or cold? I don't know... xthink

Gabor77

I absolutley love your entry! xlove You deserved a qualification, especially in that overall weak semi...:( As I said in the other threat I think in such a close case like yours it's just fair to let you through to the final... whatever :/

Ausesken

I absolutley love your entry! xlove You deserved a qualification, especially in that overall weak semi...:( As I said in the other threat I think in such a close case like yours it's just fair to let you through to the final... whatever :/

Thank you very much for your 12!! xheart I'm glad you liked it so much! Well, the other entry got more voters, so it's ok :lol: it's always done this way. Congrats on your qualification btw!

theditz83

Veteran

This definitely deserved a place in the final, I had it down as a fairly solid qualifier! xup

Top Bottom