La noche es para mí
La noche es para mí
Come set me free, just you and me
La noche es para mí

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: ESPAÑA - Spain 2009 - Soraya - La noche es para mi

I was not a fan of this song but I didn't expect it to end up in 24th place. There were worse songs in the final. Her vocals were alright, the choreography was decent and the draw was perfect so I still don't know what happened here. But as said, it's not like I really cared a whole lot for the song so I can live with the outcome.

ithanspain

I still don't know too.

I think a couple of bad happen. First, when the song was presented at the Spanish National Final it has more strength the coreography was better according to the strength, I think this song should had.

After TVE, has the management of the performance, the disaster become, the horrible dresses like ice-skaters and child princess, the sweety pink and purple color of the screen. The caothic coreography that makes movements with no energy. And seems to had no relation with the song. The dingy magic trick with the orange veld. And then if, there not bad points against Spain, TVE don't trasmitted the semifinals. :evil: :evil: I liked the song but, the final performance was so descaffeinated :cry:

The only good points, were the voices of Soraya and the vocalists that were perfect in my opinion. But that is not enough to obtain a good position in Eurovision. :|

94ayd

I think the worst part was her dress and I really thought she had to win the Barbara Dex Award. :lol: I didn't like vocals, either. Some parts they were good, some pretty unstable. As a whole, it was probably worse than the performances at the NF. So I was kind of suprised with the 24th place but not after the final performance. :|

Milos-BC

I didn't expect that it'll end THAT low, but didn't deserve a much better result. A classic "shake your ass" tune, totally generic and flat. The performance was nice though. Spain had much better entries than this one.

aletem

I really liked the song (and still do!). Her vocals on the final were good, however there was something that I believe turned off everyone from her. She looked very nervous and her moves were robotic. The general attitude with the choreography was the main reason of her flop (it looked very rushed, discontinuous, discoordinated at some moments). :| I did notice that when she performed, but being a little more subjective I hoped for a top10. :lol: :oops: Its sad, since the song was great and it suited her very well.

ithanspain

aletem said:
I really liked the song (and still do!). Her vocals on the final were good, however there was something that I believe turned off everyone from her. She looked very nervous and her moves were robotic. The general attitude with the choreography was the main reason of her flop (it looked very rushed, discontinuous, discoordinated at some moments). :| I did notice that when she performed, but being a little more subjective I hoped for a top10. :lol: :oops: Its sad, since the song was great and it suited her very well.

I think that too. At the dress rehearsals she seemed to be even more nervous. For example Friday's dress rehearsal was the day after TVE hadn't transmitted the 2nd semi-final. I don't know other european medias, but all spanish newspaper open the with the titles that Spain and Soraya would be desqulified of Eurovision.

When was the dress rehearsals she knows all the bad comments, people were doing against Spain cause of hadn't transmitted the semi-final. There are videos of the dress rehearsal were, for example she didn't make some movements of the coreography or sung in a different way that the song is.

Futhermore, they had a lot of problems with smoke at the stage. You can see they used in all the rehearsals but not in the Final. The smoke at some parts of the performance covers completely the dancers, vocalists and Soraya. But the smoke was needed for the magic tick for did it better, they were searching how to put a good amount of it at the stage but couldn't find the way to do it.
Also they had to change the coreography at the magic tick cause problems with realisation, and they had to add this horrible orange veld.
Soraya had to stand a lot of problems at Moscow for which she wasn't prepared, with the no support of TVE, in my opinion.

For all of that I always will be grateful, for how Soraya maked her best on the way she could. :mrgreen:

----Ups, I've forgotten. Something important that make realise that the disaster of the performance was idea of TVE. After been selected for Eurovision, she said that the dresses would be in warm colours, cause of the energy of Spain and the song...Which was the bad surprise when I saw she with the horrible purple dress on the purple and pink stage. All empty with swarovski crystals. :?

apocalexxnow

That song was among my favourites and I even thought there was a chance for her to win... Probably ESC fans get tired of this type of songs, plus her voice ruined a lot of it.

panakos

Banned

23 points
24th place
25 singing order
lol

Soraya failed because the performance was ostensibly very bad. :|

AlekS

Veteran
I liked the song a little but its performance didn't surprise me at all. I was disappointed. I think it was too typical for ESC. The dress, vocals, choreography... she seemed pale and unoriginal. I expected a lil' bit more from the closing song.

ithanspain

Here an article published on the web eurovision-spain. I translated with Google translator, hope it do it well. :lol:

http://www.eurovision-spain.com/

As you can imagine the article caused much comments in Spain, and much jornals as EL MUNDO, EL PERIODICO, 20 MINUTOS, and many other digital newspaper and website had written about it.

The thorny path of Soraya at Eurovision
Soraya Arnelas tells the true story of their passage through the last Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow

Soraya Arnelas, the last Spanish representative in the Eurovision Song Contest was the guest star a few days ago at the XVIII Congress of the Cultural Association of EUROVIS of Spain (AEV), held in Alcala de Henares. The artist, who was appointed honorary member, was sincere and told with great detail the true story of its passage through the festival in Moscow.

"Let me be very frank and clear with what I have. I will not exaggerate or I will stay short. Like it or no matter who you want." This was the statement of intent made at the congress Soraya moments before starting his story.

"SAW LA NOCHE ES PARA MÍ VERY PROPER"

Soraya went back to when he fell into his hands a model of the night for me and the push that many Eurofans gave to stand for preselection of TVE. "When I presented the model of the night for me, I saw the topic eurovisivo. Even before me, there were many people who bet on that song. For me it was a surprise and helped me a lot to take the step. If there were Eurofans been for those who campaigned on the Internet, I have submitted. And I have no regrets. That's what I raised in previous years and said no. "

Soraya recalled the end of the Spanish preselection at the Teatro del Poble Nou. "That night was the happiest person in the world. I told TVE team went to work, it would make a great promotion and people from my label were thrilled. I asked for a tour and promotion in Europe. It was something we had to do. "

"TVE deprive me of mine CHOREOGRAPHER AND IMPOSED ME ANOTHER"

"The next day he continued Soraya-when we did the first meeting, I removed my choreographer and I impose on someone else whom I did not want, because they knew her and knew nothing of his career. It can be a great professional but I wanted to Eurovision dream was Miriam Benedito, my choreographer for five years, I prepared the choreography of the semifinal and final. Not only do I remove my choreographer but also to my dancers, because I warned you wanted to go with male dancers. I was removing things. "

"If I had been able to do what he wanted, had gone to Miriam Benedito and dancers, because they deserved to be in Moscow, I had currado. If I lose my TVE dancers and choreographer, I have to adapt" Soraya insisted.

"THIS IS NOT THE DREAM OF SORAYA, but of TVE WITH SORAYA"

In addition, Soraya had signed a contract with TVE, and from the public broadcaster said, "Soraya this is not your career, you now belong to TVE and TVE are the ones doing the festival. This is not your dream, is the Soraya TVE dream. I did my best, "he lamented.

Once in Moscow, Soraya claims no complaints TVE team. "They are 'Mandaean'. The cameramen, editors and all went with the intention of winning. If you go to a festival, going with that idea."

"I was uncertain with the choreography, EVER understanding"

"The days went by and he lived many things. If it were not for Eurofans who went to Russia, my family and my dancers, I do not know if he had been in the final. He was excited about my dress, my dancers, my proposal, I changes to the song, the slow start, the final pitch uploading ... but I was pretty insecure with the choreography because in reality there was choreography, was a professional choreography of a contemporary art I could never understand. I was doing was run on stage, and everyone was running, showgirls and all, and watch the scenery was great ... As far as it goes, we had a well. "

"To threaten the choreographer"

Soraya told the discrepancies with the choreographer who imposed TVE, Mayte Marcos. "I had many discussions with the choreographer, I even threatened her. The last day of testing in Spain did not go because if I was going to grab the hair. I told the people of TVE if this lady does not retire, I will not go . And TVE said, 'Fine, then you're not going'. It was an imposition. "

"If she had understood me better and if we had gotten along better," continued Soraya, we reached an agreement with the choreography. But she never left me with ideas and take part in the choreography. "

"ORANGE VEIL WAS A LUXURY"
And he has an explanation for the orange fabric. "The orange cloth is bought in Russia is to luxury brands. I decided I did not. The idea was that by the time I make a line disappear, I left behind, and arms disappeared and that was how it we proposed. "

"From one day to another, as Russia did not do what we wanted, and Federico Llano Mayte Marcos had taken the decision to put a cloth. I could not decide, because he had already warned the team even Russia.

ithanspain

CONTINUE-----

"I had no voice or vote FOR NOTHING. JUST CHOSE THE COLOR OF THE DRESS"

"I did not decide or the choreographer and the choreography they wanted or anything. I do not like the choreography, I would have been easier to be on center stage, do four things and not as a horse across the stage. Too went well. Neither the material was how. as I was raised, "he confessed. "I had no say at all. Just choose the color of the suit," nuance.

According to Soraya told, "I did not like anything to hear that they dined together [in Moscow said that Russian jurors had dined with Alexander Rybak days before the final]. All that I was taking away energy. There was a Day when no could lose enough weight of trouble. "

"THE NIGHT OF THE SEMIFINAL call Federico CEBRIÁN PLAIN AND EVA TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON"

The account of how he lived EUROVIS no live broadcast of the semifinal by TVE. "The night of the semifinals I start calling like crazy saying that I deleted. I no longer know what to do. I called Federico Llano, head of the delegation, and Eva Cebrián, TVE programs director, and told them I explain what was happening, and told me not to worry, that we were going to remove. TVE has had to pay a large fine and do not know if we have had to pay for other things we do not know. "

Also, remember Soraya, "we were the seventh in the trials, we were not number 1 but not the 23 and the end we were all 23. I enjoyed very well. Although I also had many problems at parties, not even let me enter my qualification as an artist. Not on the feast of Greece or the Welcome Party. There were good moments, but I would have liked that everyone was to me. Then I came with a bouquet of flowers the next day and asked me for forgiveness. And when I wanted to go upstairs to go with my colleagues the security told me: 'You can not go'. And there were some ladies coming up so cheerfully and I was not allowed. I wanted to come to Spain. "

Aside from the choreography, on its action Soraya told some details. "Nobody asked me about the platform. I've never counted. This platform was made by a magician Catalan, the trick with the material, I shot from behind. There was a trap in which I fell, had the ball, and there is when the smoke had to leave behind the platform and the jet when I did I hid the 'dumpling'. I hurt my knee. I lay on the floor and then got this wonderful picture. The platform cost 7,000 euros. I thank you very much to give to my label because if it were not for them I do not know what we had taken that night. "

"I DO NOT CARE A POST 23"

On the position achieved in Moscow, Soraya said: "I do not care to have been the 23 or the 25. It was, it was the work that had to do and I came to Spain with that feeling. If you do not like because it does not liked it. If there was more, I do not. I am clear that this thorn I have to take it off one day and have to return. "

According to the singer admitted, "nobody really expected a post 23. The problem is when the Eurovision project is not the way you want and have to share with TVE. The Extremadura continued: "It pains me to have remained in the 23rd position, it hurts my pride, but many things have been different if I had left to do things as I wanted."

"When you go to war, WILL FIGHT, NOT TO ENJOY"

Despite the drawbacks, Soraya gets good from Moscow. "I always stay with the good of all, I'm with you. What came through the halls were so many things could have enjoyed more influence nerves, but when one goes to war, will fight, not enjoy, and perhaps did not enjoy much, but it was a dream that I have performed, the result may be more successful or less. I have represented my country, I wanted, and when I returned to Spain people received me with much affection. "

"MIRIAM BENEDET HAD A MOST SPECTACULAR CHOREOGRAPHY, ROOF DOWN FROM A SWING"

Soraya If I could go back in time, what would your candidacy? What is clear. "That would be my choreographer, Miriam, who had plenty of ideas. The idea I wanted to take, that we had not made sure to do was get out of a swing from above, with a tail of fabric that reached from ceiling to floor in the swing, the dancers pull on his tail until he was down. It would have been any more spectacular. Miriam wanted to make a choreography bigger, more spectacular, because it comes from the American school. And the dancers had been all boys, with a chorus girl in place, singing like god, and each one dedicated to his own ".

With the choreography devised by Miriam Soraya's wardrobe had been another. "The purple dress was for that choreography. Miriam's idea was different. Exit swing and the dress would not have been this. As he was presenting the choreography, the dress was one of the last things we decide. Even then has gone a story in Vogue with that outfit, and even have asked us ...".

"TVE have not asked for forgiveness. Nor has given me no explanation of what happened that night, what happened at the festival, I have been them. They tell me that we had done very well, and that we fought a lot and as it stands, "and added:" I should apologize to you, the Eurofans, and Spain.

"THE PRE-SELECTION FOR 2010 is ill-posed"
On the 2010 shortlist of TVE Your country needs you!, Soraya thinks "is misconceived because it can occur worldwide. The appeal is misdirected, because it involves more than you should go." Yet the artist supports anyone who wants to attend the festival. "The EUROVIS need that person, that representative.

"Karmele IS A LACK OF RESPECT"
About the candidacy of Karmele Marchante, believed to be "disrespectful". "I'm glad that TVE has decided not to carry on the work. At a general level and we identify what needs to go and what does not. To be devoted to journalism because at his time was very good," he said.

SORAYA AGAIN IN EUROVISION

Soraya wants to return to Eurovision with a project right now where she can become more involved. "I will be more careful what you sign. I'll put squarely on the project. The day I present, I say no or that it is next year or the other, but the day I can return, I will be careful what you sign and if TVE hinder me again, I'm going to retire, and then there is no choice but to do what I want, "he said.

Moreover, after rumors of a possible joint bid with Kate Ryan, said: "In the future, and whether the public would like, I want to go, but Kate is going to be difficult. I would go with my country, Spain, not in Belgium, so will be difficult. "

alexa

Who on Earth was translating this interview???!!! IT'S A DREADFUL TRANSLATION! No sense at all! Next time refrain from using google translator or any other translation engine becuase IT DOES NOT WORK!!!
:evil:

ithanspain

alexa said:
Who on Earth was translating this interview???!!! IT'S A DREADFUL TRANSLATION! No sense at all! Next time refrain from using google translator or any other translation engine becuase IT DOES NOT WORK!!!
:evil:

Thanks for the marvellous comment mate.
It was a hard work to translate a whole page from spanish to english and I do it with googletraductor.

Probably next time I'll post the link and if you don't know spanish, solved your self.

:cool:

It was one of my favourites. I'm so surprised when it ended up in 24th place. I didn't like her haircut and dress but the song was great. If I could predict her ranking, I would definitely vote for her not for Alexander :)

ParadiseES

I think she did bad because of the draw. UK performed 23rd with a strong ballad. It looked like if the show had finished with that song, so I think Finland and Spain were forgotten ;)
Juries didn't like it and though the song was still amazing IMO, the lyrics were horrible (come on and take me, come on and shake me....wtf!)
Still didn't deserve to do that badly!

Top Bottom