Contact us

escYOUnited - together with #YOU writing the history!

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Yup! Thank you! :D

Also, the top bar where we see the notifications, click our profile, log out, etc is no longer scrolling with the page for me. I thought that was so handy before, that even if you were at the bottom of the page, you could still always have easy access to the toolbar without having to scroll all the way to the top. Is that just an outdated browser thing, or is it not scrolling for anybody?

it not scrolling for anybody
also about icons, it was general Firefox bug, so the case is not of outdated browser as well

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
[MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION] And also. As a premium user, part of what I'm paying for is to be able to have a larger avatar. Now everyone has the same size. :?

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
[MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION] And also. As a premium user, part of what I'm paying for is to be able to have a larger avatar. Now everyone has the same size. :?

Premium description, it's not only avatar
- STORE 500 MESSAGES (instead of 50), CHANGE YOUR USERNAME, CUSTOMIZE YOUR PROFILE, INCREASED SIGNATURES INCLUDING ANIMATIONS UNLIMITED BBCODES, FREE MERCHANDIZE RAFFLES

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Premium description, it's not only avatar
But it was a part of it and it was one of the only two reasons I got premium in the first place (the other being a larger inbox). So it feels kind of a bummer and I might have to reconsider my premium then if the larger avatars (which are now even cropped down) is no longer a premium thing.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
But it was a part of it and it was one of the only two reasons I got premium in the first place (the other being a larger inbox). So it feels kind of a bummer and I might have to reconsider my premium then if the larger avatars (which are now even cropped down) is no longer a premium thing.

That's unfortunately.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
That's unfortunately.
I understand you want some sort of.. unity/conformity with these circled avatars, but why not set them at the size they're uploaded to? So that those who have a 100x100 avatar will have that size, and those with premium who could upload larger avatar, will have a larger circled avatar?

ShoeFlo

Am I right that this is the thread for expressing opinion?
I appreciate the effort you guys put in revamping the page. Sadly, I don't like it.
The motto "#You" makes me facepalm. It's a bit like "let's come up with a funny pun" and the whole thing seems like a clumsy attempt to flatter the community members. And then this hip hashtag... so original... not! :D
About the design.. I know many people like it (or pretend to do so) but it gives me depression... everything's too big, too bright and it looks too minimalistic. I like the colourful and warm design we had before. Then again, I will certainly get used to it and in a couple of weeks I won't complain anymore. I just don't see what is so great about the "modern" design. I love all kinds of technical innovations and functions that makes us feel more comfortable in the forum but when it comes to the design we should have stuck with the older one ... just my two cents :rolleyes:
However, I actually like the round profile pictures.. I find them stylish and fancy. However it would probably be better to allow people to decide between round picture shape and normal picture shape

Jacketh

It looks great. But please, please, please, can you insert a line/make a bolder line in between the post and signatures? It looks like signatures are apart of the posts - its unbearable.

What forum software is this btw? V-Bulletin? Really is one of the most modern forums I've been on. Some forums I go on are still stuck with the generic 2007 phpBB designs *pukes*

Fierro

Finally I can put other avatar! I was keeping the old one because it stayed big even after I cancelled subscription. If I replaced it, new one would become smaller. Feel like a fraud now... hehe

theditz83

Veteran
[MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] - can I have the Scottish flag back next to my avatar? ;)

Is this something that will be fixed soon as it's annoying me that I don't have a home country right now (weird OCD tendencies!) If not I'll change it to something else....

Sorry to be a pain, would just like to know if you're going to be re-adding those missing flags.

Kimrt

Omg this forum now looks more beautiful than it did before! :eek:
I hope it's more stable :D
I also like the new name ^^

Well done :D

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
It looks great. But please, please, please, can you insert a line/make a bolder line in between the post and signatures? It looks like signatures are apart of the posts - its unbearable.

What forum software is this btw? V-Bulletin? Really is one of the most modern forums I've been on. Some forums I go on are still stuck with the generic 2007 phpBB designs *pukes*

Thanks for feedback. I looked it live already for a day and agree that signature has to be separated from the content.
It is fixed for now - posts with "likes" separated by panel and in the rest - with line

as for forum software, yes its vBulletin 4 (from 2009 apparently), but the case is not in software but desire to make it look the way you want :D

Sultana

Unforutanetly, due to my lifestyle had no time to congratulate [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] for doing such an amazing job,, and the whole YOUnited team for opening a new chapter of site's life. Its definetely the design and branding which puts this site above all the rest. I love everything, except ofc some things, to which ( I think) I just should get used to :D tho I also demand some country regions to have their flags back. Like Scotland and Wales.
BUT!
So far everything is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great

xlovexlove

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Is this something that will be fixed soon as it's annoying me that I don't have a home country right now (weird OCD tendencies!) If not I'll change it to something else....

Sorry to be a pain, would just like to know if you're going to be re-adding those missing flags.

Sorry for late answer, try to set the United Kingdom flag, its very hot and has Scotland flag included :D

Top Bottom